One Month Meant Something To her

Maybe You Deserve Someone Else

*Yesung's POV*

Despite her constant rejections, I brought her to our cafe instead.

I can't possibly let her go home alone in this state, could I?

After all, the main culprit who landed her in this condition was none other than my own flesh and blood brother and my heart would just feel a little better if I could do something for her.

"Here, take this."

I said and pushed a cup of hot mocha to her.

She shook her head gently, all the while not looking at me.

"Come on, drink something. It will make you feel better."

I urged and held her hands to hold the cup.

I smiled when she did not decline any further and took a sip finally.

"So you are call Min Jung?"

I asked after a while of silence.

She looked up at me in surprise but soon lowered her head before nodding a little.

"Do you....know who I am?"

I added on when I remembered that I had not introduce myself to her formally yet.

"You are Jin's brother. I think I saw you once in your house a few years back."

She spoke at last and stared at the cup in front of her.

"Erm....so how long have you been studying with this brother of mine?"

I probed, trying to ease the awkward atmosphere before going to the main topic.

"It will make up to three years at the end of this year."

She answered.

"So what made you attracted to him?"

I asked, trying my best to ask casually.

She stopped to think for a while, before she decided to answer my question.

"He, he helped me passed through the darkest period of my life."

She said softly, and I thought I saw a small smile plastered at her face at the mention of Jongjin.

"Min Jung-ah, I know what I am going to say later might not be to your liking. But then, I am sure you know that love cannot be ordered. Moreover,  Jongjin is currently dating a girl whom he is very much in love with and I believe you will not want to break them up. "

I explained as I played with my fingers on the table.

"It...It was never my intention to come between them. It never crossed my mind at all. All I am asking for is just a chance to stay by his side and take care of him."

She explained.

"I understand your intention. But you are creating a lot of tension between the two of them by doing this. You are still very young Min Jung. You have a great future ahead of you. It's not worth doing so many things just for one guy. "

I stated, hoping that she will see the point.

"Time is running out for me. I just hope I can do something for him before it's too late. Anyway, I'll get your point Oppa. I will not bother him again."

She said and wiped her tears that flowed down the cheeks before standing up.

"What do you mean? I don't..."

Just before I could complete my sentence, I heard a loud thud before I realized she had collapsed in front of me. 

**************************************

*Yesung's POV*

I stared at her who was now sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed.

I did not know if I should admire her for her courage in love or if I should chided her for not treasuring her life.

*Flashback*

Yesung: How is the lady?”

I asked, thinking that she might have caught a chill which caused her to have fainted just now.

Doctor: Are you a friend of her?

The doctor looked at me before asking.

Yesung: Erm, I guess I am consider one.

I nodded and replied.

Doctor: Then please talk her around to take the surgery at soon as possible. Given her condition now, I doubt she can hang on any longer."

He stated seriously.

Yesung: What....what’s wrong with her?”

I probed in surprise.

Doctor: This young lady is diagnosed with stomach cancer a few weeks back. Her condition is rather serious and I had advised her that she needed an immediate operation. But then, she told me that she needed a month to settle an important issue before she agree to have the operation. I had already told her about the possible complications she might faced but she insisted that she will only rest her mind if she is able to get an answer for her issue."

The doctor explained, making me speechless on the spot.

Now I finally know the reason what the one month meant to her.

**************************************

P/S: Guys, please let me know if you wanna see a happy ending or sad ending for this.