Prompt #1

Your OTP

Prompt #1: Your OTP meeting on a balcony

 

        Being a princess was not as easy as everyone thought it to be. There were certain rules that had to be followed. You could never be late. You had to be presentable at every event and you had to be up to date with all the neighboring kingdoms. 

 

        For Lee Chaerin, being a princess was the worst. She loved sleeping in late, so half the time she was late to morning breakfast, which caused her to be scolded by her parents. Being on time was something she had trouble with. All the rules for a princess, she thought were a little too much.  

 

        Why couldn't she had been born a normal girl instead of a princess, then she could have all the fun she wanted? She didn't understand why so many girls were so envious of her. If they knew how hard it was to balance books on your head, then they wouldn't want to be in her shoes. 

 

        Chaerin sighed, leaning against the rail of her balcony, as she looked at the view of the gardens. The night air clung to her arms as she stood in nothing but her dressing gown. If her personal maids could see her now, they would be having a fit that she was out on her balcony like this. She snickered. 

 

        Looking at the garden, Chaerin sighed. Soon it would be midnight and she would officially be sixteen. She knew that the King and Queen, her parents, had an extravagant party planned for her and she knew why. This was the age where the courtship for her hand in marriage would begin. Many princes from neighboring kingdoms had been invited for her party and they would arrive tomorrow. Some had already arrived, but Chaerin had yet to see them. She would see all her suitors at her party tomorrow when they were introduced to her. 

 

        Chaerin obviously thought she was too young to be courted, but hey it was the whole thing that came with being a princess. She had to be courted at sixteen and then married at eighteen. She sighed. She obviously hoped that out of all the princes, that she would find a guy she liked. I mean her mother had found her father, so there was hope for her right? She could find a great guy too. 

 

        So... how much longer did she have until she was officially sixteen. She peeked into her room and saw on the grandfather clock that she had thirty minutes. 

 

        "Damn." 

 

        Chaerin blinked. Who had said that? 

 

        She took a cautious step back onto her balcony. What if it was an assassin coming to murder her right when she turned sixteen. Her father had always warned her to be careful. 

 

        She looked around, seeing nothing and then she peered over the ledge of the balcony. Her eyes widened. 

 

        Staring back at her, was a pair of brown eyes.  

 

        Chaerin opened to scream, but the owner of said brown eyes was quick to pull himself/herself over the ledge and put a hand over Chaerin's mouth. 

 

        "Hey, hey. I'm not going to hurt you."  

 

        Okay, so the voice belonged to a man and the hand over belonged to the man. In other words.... there was a man on her balcony. 

 

        "If I remove my hand, will you promise not to scream?" He asked. 

 

        Chaerin nodded. Just who was this man? 

 

        His hand was removed from and Chaerin stepped back to look at him. He was lean and tall with pale blonde hair. His clothes showed that he was not from the village, but was of royalty.  

 

        "Is he one of the princes?" Chaerin thought. 

 

        While she was admiring him, the man was doing the same back to her. 

 

        "So this is Princess Chaerin." He thought with a smile, looking at the princess in her dressing gown with her long black hair and cute cat like eyes. "Cute." 

 

        Chaerin looked at him and once again found herself looking into the brown eyes she had stared at before. They were so warm. 

 

        The man cleared his throat and bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Princess Chaerin. I'm Prince Kwon Jiyong." He straightened up and smiled. 

 

        Chaerin blinked. So... he was a prince. "Oh..." She quickly curtsied, feeling a little embarrassed for a moment at how in awe she was by him. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Prince Jiyong." 

 

        Jiyong nodded. "I'm sorry about this. I don't make it a habit to climb on such pretty ladies balconies."  

 

        Chaerin blushed. She had a feeling he was lying. Surely he had visited quite a few princesses before. 

 

        "I was actually sneaking out and was looking for my friend, Prince Youngbae's room. We were planning on sneaking off the grounds to go explore a bit." Jiyong admitted. 

 

        "It seems you got the wrong balcony then." Chaerin said. 

 

        "It seems I did." Jiyong agreed. 

 

        Chaerin cleared , fidgeting a little. "I guess you are here for the party then?"  

 

        "Hm? Oh your birthday party. The one where all the princes come to court the princess?" He smiled. 

 

        "It's just that... I mean... you have to be here for it, right? How old are you?" Chaerin asked. 

 

        Jiyong laughed. "Wow, Princess Chaerin. You sure are forward with your questions. I'm nineteen. I'll be twenty in August." He grinned 

 

        Chaerin blushed. "Sorry. It's just you look so young. I figured you were close to my age." 

 

        Jiyong nodded. "You're nervous, aren't you?" He asked. 

 

        Chaerin blinked, surprised that he was asking her that. She then nodded. 

 

        Jiyong smiled. "It will be okay. I'm sure you will find a great guy. Remember the choice is up to you." He then began to walk over to the ledge. 

 

        Chaerin raised a hand to stop him. "Wait. Where are you going?" 

 

        Jiyong laughed. "To go find which balcony is Youngbae's. You my dear, sweet Princess need some sleep. It's getting late." 

 

        He then paused, looking back at Chaerin. Making up his mind, he quickly strode back over to her. "Happy Birthday, Princess Chaerin." He kissed her cheek. "Next time make sure you wear a little more than your dressing gown when you are out here on your balcony. You never know who could show up." He whispered in her ear. "Though I do think you look very cute." 

         

        Chaerin blushed and watched as Jiyong climbed over the ledge of the balcony. "I'll see you at the party, Princess." He smiled and just like that he was gone. 

 

        With a blush still present on her face, Chaerin walked back into her room. Taking one look at her clock, she could see if was after midnight.  

 

        With a smile, Chaerin climbed into bed. She knew exactly who she was going to choose.

 

 


Whoo! The first prompt is up. Now to work on the second one. Let me know what you guys think :3