Flashback

Unraveling Park Jimin

School ended and let me say, this is the first time I have wanted to go back to school after the first day. Why, you may ask? Well, I never knew that I’d be this curious about someone I just met. And that person is Jimin. First, he seemed cold, then next he became more opened and happy, but the next second, he turned cold. He makes me want to know more about him. How come all of a sudden he turned to such a happy person, then cold in the next?

“Mom! I’m home!” I exclaimed as I entered my house. My house is just like those houses you see in America. You know, those suburb houses? It had a beige color wall everywhere, and had four bedrooms and three bathrooms. My parents work for a huge corporation; so you can say that we are somewhat rich.

“Suminnie~” my mom sang. “I’m in the living room!” My house has two living rooms, one when you enter the house, and the second one right by the kitchen. My family usually hangs in the one by the kitchen, but if people come over, then we hang in the one by the door.

“Whatcha doin’?” I asked as I sat down next to my mom on a long couch.

“Paperwork, of course.” She said in a tired voice.

“Aiyahh umma, you and appa should have a week of vacation; just you two.” I mentioned to her. I feel pity for them. They work their butts off just because they want me to have a good life. And to them, a good life means money. But I don’t want money, I want quality time with my family.

And she said what she telled me everytime I tell her that she needs a vacation, “Well, sweetheart, if we go on vacation, then that means we don’t get money, and if there’s no money, then you won’t live a good life.” I would talk back and tell her that I don’t want money, but all she would reply is, “I won’t take ‘no’ for an answer.” I just stayed silent. I can’t do anything, she’s my mom.

I went straight to my room and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I tend to stare at myself in the mirror for long periods of time. The reason being is because when I was in secondary school, I was bullied a lot for being ugly and chubby. But I don’t think I’m either of those. But sometimes I second guess my appearance.

Flashback to middle school...

“Want to be my partner?” I asked my classmate.

“Ew! I don’t want to be partners with an ugly duckling.” The boy said. I just walked away like it was nothing, but it really hurt me in the inside.

“Sumin, I’ll be your partner!” I heard someone yell. I turned around and saw everyone staring at this boy I have never seen before. He was very tall, had black hair, pretty skinny, and had a somewhat deep voice. No one has ever volunteered to be my partner before. I feel scared, but happy at the same time. “Do you know my name?” the boy asked. I gulped as I shook my head. He chuckled, “My name is  Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you.” His hand was out to ask for a shake. I shook his hand then retrieved back my hand.

That was the start of something that was special. He made me feel special. He made me feel like he was lucky to have me. He was everything to me. But I guess that was all an act.

But thanks to him, I am accepting myself more. And I guess it was an experience for me to not fall for something very easily. But then this Park Jimin guy… he is something. Way different than Jungkook. My goodness, I shouldn’t compare two people.

Jimin makes me curious. I walked to the window and rested my chin on my right palm, just staring out the window. “I wonder what you’re doing right now, Park Jimin.”

“Yah! Get out of my room!” Jimin’s older sister, Park Yumin, exclaimed.

“Can I not get my snap back back?” Jimin asked as he walked towards his sister’s closet. He opened it and was impressed by how clean and organized it looked, “Wow, it’s so… clean.”

“Well, I’m a girl, duh!”

“How do girls put this thing on?” His sister turned around from her desk and found Jimin holding one of her lace bras to his chest.

Her eyes widened, “Yah! What are you doing?! Put that back!” she ran after him, but he was very fast and put his arms through the straps. She gave up and took a good look at her brother. “Actually, you don’t look too bad in a bra. Are you sure you’re a boy?”

“Hey!” He yelled causing her sister to laugh. He started taking off the bra and put it back in the closet, but dropped it in the process. He bent down and found a picture of her and a friend. He took a closer look and the face looked very familiar. “Noona.” She turned around. “Who is this?”

He gave the picture to his sister and she sighed, “This was my friend in Primary school. You know how every class has a different lunch time? She was one grade below me and had the same lunch as me. We started hanging when she saw me by myself and started talking to me.” She smiled, “I miss her so much.”

“What’s her name?” Jimin asked.

“Seo Sumin.” She replied. “I honestly don’t remember why you don’t know her. I would hang out with her all the time.” Jimin just stayed quiet.

‘So you were my sister’s best friend, huh? I wonder how noona will be if I bring Sumin back to her.’ He thought as he stared at Sumin in the picture.

“Hey Jimin, just get your snap back and get out of my room. I’m studying!” She exclaimed. Without arguing back, he just grabbed his snap back and exited her room. Yumin found it off how he didn’t argue back. “What’s up with him?” She asked herself as she squinted at the door. She shrugged her shoulders and continued studying.

“Hello sweetheart.” Mr. Seo greeted before kissing his wife on her forehead.

“Hello honey.” She said not taking a glance at her husband. He sighed and sat down next to her. “Honey?” She asked.

“Hm?”

She took her eyes off her paperwork and stared at her husband deep in the eyes, “Don’t you think that we need a week of vacation? You know, just us too. Off from work and all the stress.”

Mr. Seo chuckled and reached into his briefcase, and took out two plane tickets from Korean Air. “These are two tickets, for you and I, to Hawaii. I remember you saying in your sleep one night that you’ve always dreamt of going to Hawaii. And you and I work too much. I know that the more you work the more you earn, but we need a break sweetheart. And…” he put down the tickets onto the table and wrapped his arms around his wife’s waist, “We haven’t had an us time in awhile.” He smirked.

“You’re so naughty,” she said as she lightly punched his arm. He just blinked at her. She sighed, “But what about Sumin. We can’t leave her alone here.”

“Honey, she is one year away from being in college, she can take care of herself. She needs some alone time to her too.” He implied.

Mrs. Seo thought about it, “For how long are we staying?”

He smiled, “Two weeks.”

“Okay, we’re going!” Mrs. Seo yelled before hugging her lovely husband.

On the top of the staircase I was eavesdropping on my parents. I smiled as I heard my mother accept the tickets. ‘Thank you, appa.’

I walked back into my room feeling satisfied. My parents haven’t really taken a break with just the two of them. I couldn’t be anymore happy. I sighed, will I ever have a husband like that? I want someone like my father: caring, serious when he needs to get serious, mysterious, sweet, loving, etc. I’m not desperate, but I’d love to meet that person right now.

I sat onto my queen sized bed and brought my laptop up from under the bed with it’s little table. I had a Macbook Pro with a bunch of stickers on it. I opened it and logged onto one of my favorite social networks. Then all of a sudden, I got a message from… Park Jimin?!

“What the heck is he doing talking to me? How’d he find me…?” I asked myself. That was weird, I just met him today and now he sent a friend request AND a message saying, “How are you, Seo Sumin?” I find this a bit off. Why would he be talking to me?

I typed back, “I’m good, hbu?”

Then he typed really quick, “I’m well.” So he’s one of those people who doesn’t wait a few minutes to reply back. Interesting.

“Cool.” I replied. I honestly didn’t care because well, why would a gangster be talking to me? But then again, I am curious to find out what’s really up with this Jimin guy.

“So,” he responded. I guess he doesn’t have something to talk about. I replied with the same thing. “What do you think of third year so far?” he asked.

Okay, something really is up. I’ll just be completely honest and cut to the chase, “Tell me, Jimin. Why are you talking to me?”

Jimin sighed before typing, “I just want to.” I can tell that he was lying.

I honestly wanted to get some sleep because it was getting late, so I replied, “It’s late, I have to go to sleep. You should get some sleep too. Bye.” I sent the massage before forcefully closing my laptop and putting it on the floor.

Jimin ruffled his hair in frustration. He felt his heart jump when he received that message. Why was he feeling this way? Obviously, they just met, of course she’d not want to talk about him. Also, there are rumors about him going around saying he slept with twenty girls and only been in one relationship. That was not true. He’s had crushes, but not a person he really liked. But why was he frustrated over a girl he just met? Why was he mad just because he felt like she didn’t want to talk to him?

“Jimin?” Yumin popped her head into his bedroom.

“Go away, noona.” He said resting his face into his hands, having his back face her.

“You don’t seem in the greatest state right now. I want to help.” She implied.

“Noona, please. Just. Leave.” He said. Why is he being harsh to his sister. She did nothing wrong.

“I want to help, but I’ll give you space. It’s late, you should go to sleep. Goodnight.” She said.

Jimin just layed on his bed and hoped for the best that tomorrow, he will get closer to Sumin and hopefully she will meet up with his sister. That’s his number one priority, right now. To get Sumin and Yumin meet after all these years.

 

 

 

 


author's note: 

Here's another update for you guys! I hope you guys like it! I made this chapter a lot longer than the first chapter. Yes, a lot of things happened, but they will all make sense in the future. I was deciding whether to change the POV to 3rd person. Should I do that? Or leave it in 1st person? Alright, I'll see you guys next chapter. Don't forget to smile :)

thanks for reading~saburiina