Introduction

Unraveling Park Jimin

“And I thought you were the one.” I scoffed at my now, ex boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook. I should’ve known that this was going to happen from the start. He was a player, never introduced me to his friends, wouldn’t hold my hand in public, forgot my birthday, never gave me anything, never said ‘good morning’ or ‘good night’, never bought me anything, never did anything for me, and never loved me like I loved him. We’ve been dating for one year and three months, but I guess it was never real. I just caught Jungkook holding hands and kissing another girl. I loved him. He didn’t say anything, but just stared at the ground. I loved him.

I left; I didn’t care about how I looked like. Tears were streaming down my face, the rain drenching all over me, and everyone were staring at me. I couldn’t have felt more embarrassed. “Minnie, wait!” I heard his deep voice call me, but I didn’t dare turn around. I can’t believe that he still dares to call me Minnie. I loved him.

I felt a tug on my right wrist, before I was turned around into an embrace that I didn’t want. A few seconds after that, I was forced into a deep kiss that wasn’t sweet anymore; it was sour and disgusting. I pushed him away; very hard that he fell to the ground. I wiped my lips and said, “I hope you have fun with your other girlfriends.”

“But I want you!” He got up on his knees. I didn’t care if people were looking. He was the wrong at fault, and here he is, making me look like I am the bad guy. “You’re the only girl I love. I just never showed it to because I was afraid that you didn’t love me.” He bowed his head down.

I walked towards him, bent my knees a little, and brought his chin up. I looked at him deep in the eyes. “I can’t believe you have felt this way the whole time.” I smiled, and then he smiled. After a few seconds of smiling, I immediately frowned, “Why don’t you tell that to your other girlfriends?” I stood up, hearing my knees crack, “Goodbye Jungkook.” I can tell that he was dumbfounded as I continued walking away, feeling proud of what I’ve done.

From then on, I never dated anybody because I was afraid of being hurt again. That’s why I forced my parents to make me go to an all-girls school. But then during the middle of the year, in my first year of high school, my dad’s work transferred him to Seoul. There wasn’t an all-girls school around where I loved, so I had to go to a co-ed school. I wasn’t really noticed in school, but I heard a lot of things that I’m not supposed to hear. Most of them were bad stuff; mostly about this kid in my grade, Park Jimin.

I heard that he is a gangster, he’s slept with more than 20 girls, he’s only been in one real relationship, he’s a good kisser, and has a six-pack.

I haven’t really seen him before, but I had a picture of him in mind. I even heard that he is part of a gang called Bangtan Sonyeondumb or something like that. There are seven people in that gang, I don’t know that other people’s names, but I know that there is a guy named Kim Namjoon or Rap Monster, but I prefer Namjoon. I only know that because I used to sit next to him in my second year.

Where am I now? Well, I am on my way to school. It’s the first day Of my third year of high school. I am pretty nervous, although I’ve been at this school since first year. But mostly because I want to be in class 3-A, not 3-B. I don’t like being in class B, I feel dumb, but a little smart at the same time. Once I got off the bus, I went to the office to find a huge board that displays what class you’re in. I went to the third year classes. I looked at B to see if I’m there… good, I’m not. Then I looked at A and scanned for my name. Gasp! I am on the list! YAY! I did my little happy dance, quietly. I guess all that hard work has finally paid off.

All of a sudden, girls are screaming and squealing, “Jimin oppa!” My eyes bulged. Will I finally get to see the gangster everyone’s been talking about all these years? “Excuse me?” I heard a voice, in front of me, call. I blinked and saw a kind of dark skinned, black hair, and cute boy in front of me. I just stared at him. “Are you going to move?” he asked harshly. I just noticed that there’s a crowd around us that were a bunch of crickets.

“Oh, sorry.” I apologized, looking down and moving away. I decided to walk away before any tension rises. I went straight to my classroom and saw on the board, something I didn’t want. A seating chart; every student's nightmare. But to me, I’m actually pretty glad about seating arrangements because I don’t want to look like a loner who doesn’t have any friend; even though that’s somewhat true. I have friends… just not in my school.

I looked at the board and tried to find my name. Oh man, I’m sitting at the very back in the middle. I just went to my seat, not even finding out who sits next to me. I can’t seem to get the face of the guy, that I bumped into, out of my head.

The bell rang and my teacher came in, “Good morning kids! Sit down in your proper seats!” she yelled. A lot of people didn’t see that seating arrangement on the board, so most of the class had to switch their seats. My seat partner hasn’t even showed up, yet. And just when I thought about him, the front door slides open. I heard most of the girls gasp at someone’s grand entrance.

My teacher crossed her arms, waiting for him to sit down. He just quietly walked to his seat, after looking at the board, while everyone was just staring at him, but obviously he didn’t care. On his way to his seat, he accidentally knocked over someone’s notebook. He picked it up, and put it back on the desk. He seems, sincere. As he sat down next to me, I then realized… he was the boy I bumped into earlier! “Okay class, I am going to pass out your notebooks, and I want all of you guys to put your name on it. After that, I just want all of you guys to get to know each other. So… talk!” she explained, vaguely, before leaving the room.

I put on a smile on my face before turning to my right, where the grand entrance kid sits, “Hello, my name is Seo Sumin. Nice to meet you! What’s your name?” I introduce trying to make the best impression as possible. All the boy did was stare at me like I did something wrong.

“Do you really not know my name?” ‘No,’ I thought.

“Am I supposed to? I questioned.

“So you don’t know my name, at all?” he asked reassuringly, squinting his eyes. Does he think that he’s popular that everyone should know his name? I shook my head. Then he smiled all of a sudden. His smile is pretty cute. He should smile more often, “Oh, thank you!” he hugged me really tight. Everyone was staring at us, well, me in particular. When he finally broke the hug, he took my hand and shook it vigorously, “Nice to meet you too! I’m Park Jimin.” I gulped. THE Park Jimin? Sitting next to ME?! Boy, this is going to be a year. When he noticed that everyone was staring at us, well, him now, his smiled faded and slouched in his seat; no longer facing me. He leaned into me and whispered, “That’s the only time you’ll ever see me like that.”

 

 

 

 


author's note:

So here is the first chapter lovelies <3 I'm sorry it's short and the paragraphs are too long. I'll improve on that in the future chapters. I hope you guys like it! :D Alrighties, I'll see you guys next chapter! Don't forget to smile :)

thanks for reading~saburiina