Boys

Unraveling Park Jimin

The afternoon classes of my schedule finally ended, and the best way to end my day was a date with Jimin.

Wooh! I meant to say that sarcastically.

Right after that scene in the hallway, I didn’t say anything, but ran to my class. Of course everyone stared at me, but it was whatever. I had to get out of that situation as quickly as possible. The rest of school was all silence from Jimin. Not a single word came out of his mouth; only some coughs and yawns.

Back to after school, I noticed that Jimin left before me which I found odd because… we were supposed to go on a date… Not that I was looking forward to it, but I just wanted to get the date over with. I placed everything I needed for homework into my bag then walked out of the classroom. I slid the door closed behind me and the first thing I saw to my right was Jimin doing exactly what he did to me earlier, but to another girl.

I felt something in me when I caught Jimin with another girl. Kind of like the feeling of being betrayed. Then I shook everything off.

Why was I being mad anyways? It’s not like I was Jimin’s girlfriend or anything.

His type of date was probably taking me out to eat then we go home, separately. I liked that idea.

I walked fast past them, hoping Jimin didn’t notice me. After being a few feet away from them, I turned around to find Jimin still over that girl. I scoffed, “What a player.” I walked out of the building and enjoyed the afternoon breeze. I love the morning, afternoon, and midnight breeze. I calmed me down.

“Sumin!” I heard a voice call. I turned around with a smirk on my face, thinking it was Jimin. But I was met eyes with Haneul. My smirk switched to a gentle smile. She ran down the steps and hugged me like there was no tomorrow. “Want to go get something to eat?”

She let go and I glanced back at the school and found no Jimin. “Sure. Where to?” I asked as I wrapped my arm around Hanuel’s right arm. I smeared a smile onto my face, but inside I felt bad because I was scared that Jimin would be waiting for me. But I shrugged it off; he probably had a change of heart and went on a date with that girl.

“I was thinking some udon. I have a feeling for udon. How about that Japanese place called Mifune?” Haneul suggested, skipping her way to the front gates. I sighed to catch her attention, ”What’s wrong? You don’t want udon? We can go somewhere else then.”

“I think I’ll stay in the school for a little bit. I need to do something really quick. Afterwards, I’ll go home. I’m sorry, Haneul.” I purse my lips as I gave her a tight hug. We bid our goodbyes and went different ways.

I proceeded to walk back into school grounds and waited for him under a tree where, if he walked out of the building, I could see him. My heart was beating fast for some reason. I didn’t know why, but it was.

Loud talking came from the front gates and I spotted Yoongi, from earlier, and Namjoon oppa. I had good intentions with Namjoon oppa so we were cool with each other. I got up and walked to Namjoon oppa. It turns out he was accompanied by three people: Yoongi, and two other people I’ve never seen before. “Namjoon!” I yelled.

Namjoon looked at me and smiled, “Oh hey, Sumin!” The four of them stopped in their tracks and waited for me to get to them.

“Oh!” Yoongi yelled. “You’re that girl whom Jimin sits next to, right?” He asked pointing his finger at me.

“Hey, it’s not nice to point at people.” One of the guys spoke up. He had light brown hair and he was super adorable.

I chuckled, “Yeah, I’m her.” I looked at Namjoon, “Why are you guys here?” I curiously asked.

“We are waiting for Jimin and Taehyung.” Namjoon mentioned.

‘So Taehyung is part of their group too?’ I asked myself in thought.

“Oh! This is Hoseok and Seokjin. They went to this school, if you didn’t remember.” Namjoon added.

I smiled at the boys and bowed, “Oh yeah! You guys were famous for being fast runners! Anyways, I’m Sumin, nice to meet you guys! And I’m not sure about Taehyung, but I saw Jimin hovering over a girl when I was walking out. He’s probably making out with that girl right now in who knows where.” I looked at all of their faces and they all looked like they saw a ghost. “What’s wrong? Is there something on my face?” I started touching my face, but Namjoon cleared his throat. I looked up and found all of the four boys pointing behind me.

After turning around, I was met by Jimin’s chest. Wow, I didn’t think he was this tall. I backed up a little bit and then my back was met by someone else’s chest. I flinched and turned around. Uh oh…

“Long time no see, Minnie.”

I gulped in nervousness. Where did he come from? I didn’t see him come by!

“You must be Jeon Jungkook.” I heard Jimin behind me say.

My eyes were kept on Jungkook even if he wasn’t looking at me. Jungkook smiled and let out his hand, “Yup! And you are…?”

I heard Jimin’s hand slap onto Jungkook’s as they shook hands, “Jimin. Park Jimin.” The two let go of each other’s hands. Mind you, I was still staring at Jungkook. My eyes seemed to never leave Jungkook; just like the first time I met him…

I heard Yoongi clear his throat. I completely forgot everyone else was here. “Jimin, where is Taehyung?”

“Beats me. I’m here to go on a date with…” He wrapped his right arm around my shoulders, “Seo Sumin.”

My eyes widened as they first thing I glanced at was Jungkook to see what his reaction was. Jungkook scoffed, “So you’re Sumin’s new boyfriend, huh?”

“And what if I am?” Jimin said. My face turned red as a tomato. It was a good thing everyone was looking at the two boys and not me or else that would’ve been the most awkward thing ever.

Jungkook smiled, but it wasn’t a sincere smile. It was more of a you’re-on smile. “If you didn’t know, I was-”

“I better go! My friend is waiting for me!” I threw off Jimin’s arm and ran away. “Bye guys!” Running away was my last resort from getting out of that situation. I ran out of the building and stopped running. Tears started to run down my face. What was happening to me? Just seeing Jungkook, again, after about three years, made me angry as ever. And to add onto that, freaking Jimin was trying to play with my feelings or something.

I continued walking towards the restaurant Haneul mentioned earlier as I took out my phone to call her. “Hey, Haneul. I’m done with my things; can I meet you at the udon place?”

“I knew you wanted udon. I’m waiting here for you, actually!” She sounded very happy for some reason. I mean, she was always this happy, but my conscience said she’s happy because of something different.

I arrived at the restaurant and immediately asked her what bothered me on my way there.

“Something happened, huh?”

“What are you talking about?” She asked, scoffing.

“Or more like someone?”

Haneul sighed, “It was Taehyung.”

“I knew it!” I yelled pretty loud which caused attention to be directed to me.

“Shut the freak up! Damn! You’re embarrassing! Do you want to hear what happened or not?”

“How about you tell her later?” A voice chimed in.

Me and Haneul diverted our eyes to a tall male. Damn, just my luck…

“And you are?” Haneul asked in a not amused tone.

He sat down on the chair next to mine. “I’m Jeon Jungkook.” He looked at me, “Sumin’s boyfriend.”

I scoffed, “Correction: ex. Now will you please leave my best friend and I alone? We are having girl time.”

He scoffed afterwards, “You really haven’t changed, Sumin. I’d like to talk to you, alone, soon.” Jungkook stood up making the chair squeak which made me cringe, and winked at me. “Here’s my number,” he slid a piece of paper to me, “and don’t throw it away or else I’ll steal your phone and put it in there.”

Jungkook left after and I felt super nervous, I was holding in my breath as he was exiting the restaurant.

“Wow, he’s pretty cute! Good catch!” Haneul said.

“Yeah, cute that he’d cheat on me with some other girl.” I pointed out in an annoyed tone.

Her jaw dropped, “He cheated on you?”

My eyebrows furrowed, “I thought I told you about this.”

Her shoulders slugged and head titled to the right side, “You think I listen to your stories?”

I chuckled, “Wow, what a great best friend you are.”

She flipped her hair as if she was right about something, “I know I am.”

Our orders finally came and honestly, it was a good thing Haneul knew what kind of udon I liked because I was starving at that point. I got the Beef udon and she got the chicken udon. The aroma of the delicious meal stirred up in my nose and I really couldn’t wait to eat the soup.

We dug in and boy was it damn good! It’s been a while since I’ve eaten at this restaurant, and it felt good to be back.

“Now tell me what happened between you and Taehyung.” I demanded prior to slurping a very long noodle into my mouth. I didn’t like the sound of slurping; it irritated me and sounded disgusting.

“Okay, so on our way back to class from lunch, he asked me for my phone number that way we can talk a lot. Oh my goodness, Sumin! I think he likes me! But I’m not sure because I texted him earlier and he hasn’t seen the message yet.” She was a blabber mouth.

I stopped her before she can go any further, “Haneul, calm the heck down. It’s just the first day. He’s going to see it, no worries. He’s probably busy at school right now.”

“How would you know?” She squinted her eyes at me. I hate it when she does that. It’s like she’s making me the bad guy here.

“This alumnus came by the school, after you left, looking for him.” I implied.

All Haneul did was nod her head and continued eating. My shoulders sunk because I thought she’d yell at me for knowing more about Taehyung than her.

After eating, we went our separate ways because her parents called that she needed to be home, pronto. I took out my earphones from my bag and plugged them into my ears and phone. I played Dean’s Pour It Up. My feet started taking its journey to the bus stop.

“Where have you been?”

Uh oh.

 

 

 


author's note:

I honestly don't have much to say, but here's the fourth chapter! I hope you guys like it! And if you want a Yoongi story, I started one and you should check it out :) Okies! Have a wonderful day, my lovelies and don't forget to smile :D

thanks for reading~saburiina