Nervous

Unraveling Park Jimin

I woke up with a huge smile on my face. I really didn’t know why it was plastered onto my face, but I knew that today was going to be a great day. Or so I thought…

As I arrived at school, everything was the usual. Being the goodie two shoes I am, I arrived at school early. There wasn’t really a reason why I was early. Force of habit, I guess? Not a lot of people were around, but for the students that were at school, they were studying, eating, or just staring into space while listening to music. I wasn’t too early, maybe just twenty minutes early. But I can pass time with some music.

I sat down at my proper seat and pulled out my earphones. I plugged them into my phone and started playing Crush’s album, Crush on You. Noticing that I was the only person in class, I got up from my seat as I tucked my phone inside the pocket of my blazer. Not feeling the music, I turned it up a few more notches. I then walked to the window and opened one to feel the morning breeze. I love to dance, but not in front of other people.

My hips started swaying side to side and my eyes closed to add more feeling to it. Everything was perfect, silence in the room, breeze coming in, and soft music playing at my ear. The only thing that can ruin it is if someone came in… And that exactly happened.

The back sliding door opened which scared me. I opened my eyes and turned around to see Park Jimin standing there. Man is he cute. Weird, he’s early. Usually gangsters like him would come to school late. Oh well, it’s not any of my business anyways. But it did make me curious as to how a gangster, like him, is in class A. I felt bad, I was being stereotypical.

Jimin cleared his throat and made his way to his seat, placing his bag on top of his desk. His earphones still seemed to be inside of his ears. But then it hit me… Did he watch me dancing? Especially with my hips swaying side to side, like that? Oh my goodness that is super embarrassing.

I just kept my cool and sat back down at my seat, just sitting there. “Are you perhaps Seo Sumin?”

I scoffed in my head, ‘We literally just met yesterday and you already forgot my name? Typical gangster.’ I thought. I nodded in response, “Why?” I took one ear bud out because I’ve learned that it was disrespectful to talk to someone with your mouth and both ears occupied the hard way.

“Nothing.” He said still staring at the green chalk board. I still don’t get what’s up with this guy. But he’s so different that something is pulling me to him. The sound of his throat clearing caught my attention, “Are you free later?”

Oh that is why he came early. He knew that I was a goodie two shoes and wanted to ask me out on a date when no one was around because I would be at school early. I see what you’re doing Park Jimin. I’ll make this game hard to play for you. “No, sorry. Maybe next time?” I flipped my hair and made myself comfortable on my seat. But knowing that Jimin is right next to me won’t make me comfortable anytime soon. “Ugh, can time just pass by already?” I complained, not knowing I accidentally said it out loud. I laid my elbows on my desk and buried my face into my hands. It has only been five minutes since I got to school, and nothing is entertaining me.

In the end, I decided to just sleep. Might as well take advantage of it now than to regret it later. After about five more minutes, the room started to fill up. I could just feel people’s stares as they entered and found Jimin at his seat. I couldn’t tell what he was doing, but I guessed he was on his phone or something.

“Yo man! Wassup!” A guy barged in my class and ruined my small hibernation.

“Hey man~” I heard Jimin respond in English. He sounds so cute.

“Hey listen we’re all going to hyung’s place later. Wanna come?” I was very curious to who this guy was. I took a deep breath and sat upright. I looked to my right and saw another cute guy. Geez, are Jimin and all his friends cute? I’m really getting a little carried away by this. Our eyes met and he smiled at me showing his gums.

Jimin noticed his friend and I smiling at each other and decided to break the connection by coughing. His friend and I turned towards him, but then I immediately faced another direction. “Yeah sure. I was supposed to go out later, but I guess the person’s too busy.” I know he said that on purpose to make me feel guilty. Why does he want to hang out with me anyways?

I noticed that his friend wasn’t wearing any uniform in particular. Civilian clothes were all he was wearing. He probably went to this school before, but graduated.

Then I started to realize that Jimin is not that scary type of gangster. He’s that type of gangster to make people fall head over heels over him. Tch, not me. Well, I did just call him cute earlier… But that’s not the point. I thought gangsters were supposed to be scary and all, but Jimin is different. His friend too…

“You know what I heard?” His friend asked as he sat on top of Jimin’s desk. I took out my other ear bud and as I put it back in my bag, something suddenly shocked me. “Hyung is adding another member to our group. I think his name is Jeon Jungkook.” My eyes widened as I sat upright on my seat. Jimin and his friend both looked at me as if I was weird.

They both turned away. “Why is he adding another member?” Jimin asked.

My heart started beating fast in anger. Just hearing that name ticked the heck out of me. It seemed that Jungkook and Jimin are going to be friends then. I guess it’s best to stay away from Jimin.

“I don’t know. All Jin hyung said was that we’re meeting him later at his house.” His friend announced.

“Not to be rude hyung, but why are you here?” Jimin asked as he squinted his eyes.

His friend chuckled, “I got bored at home and I kind of miss this place.”

“Hyung, you graduated two years ago.” Jimin implied trying to push his friend off the table. So his friend was an alumnus of this school…

Then the bell rang very loudly than before. I didn’t understand how I didn’t notice that my whole class was here and everyone was staring at Jimin and his handsome friend. The other students were gossiping about who the sudden creature was. But stopped once they saw our teacher walk in. She was smiling as she entered, but her smile faded as she laid eyes on Jimin’s friend who didn’t move from his spot at all.

“Well, well, well. Did someone finally decide to actually learn in high school?” Ms. Song smirked at the young boy.

“Oh Ms. Song, you sure know how to make my heart swoon.” He flirted with the teacher. I don’t know why, but I felt disgusted at what he just said.

Ms. Song chuckled sarcastically and yelled, “Mr. Min Yoongi, I order you to get out of this school or else I will call security!” She pointed towards the door and breathed heavily. Wow, Ms. Song can sure hold grudges. I’m guessing she had him as a student and it didn’t quite go well. Probably the only things that didn’t go well were his attitude and grades. Yoongi, or whatever I heard, raised his hands in surrender and walked out of the classroom. “Park Jimin, stop bringing your graduated friends into this school or else I will have to send you to the Dean’s office.”

Jimin sighed and crossed his arms, “Yes, Ms. Song.”

“Alright, now let’s finally start class.” My teacher announced once she placed her books upon the podium. I never understood how teachers dealt with rowdy students like Yoongi and Jimin.

The first of half of the second day of school went by pretty fast and it was like everyone wanted to just grab their hair and run outside from how boring our lessons have been. I could honestly say the same. From time to time I would steal glances at Jimin because who wouldn’t? I will probably move seats and sit away from this popular gangster so might as well make the most of it. But there was one incident where I caught Jimin staring at me. I would be lying if I said I didn’t blush because my face turned very red as a tomato. Hopefully he didn’t see it, but with me sitting next to him, I bet he did.

“Class dismissed!” I didn’t even realized the bell rang because I was too busy trying to control my red face. I placed my bag onto my desk and took out the lunch my mom prepared for me.

“Are you sure you are not free later?” He asked me as he took out his lunch.

Man, was this boy going to stop or no? Even if this was the second time he asked me, it felt like he’s been asking me forever. “Like I said earlier, I’m not free later.”

“Okay then~” Jimin sang in the tone that said you’re-going-to-miss-out. I barely knew the kid and yet he’s forcing me to hang out with him.

“Hyung! Let’s go eat! I’m super hungry!” A student peaked his head between the doorway and the door. My attention turned towards his friend and his eye smile was super cute! I realized my eyes were wandering so thanks to my best friend, Hwang Haneul, she snapped in front of my face to bring me back to Earth.

“Earth to Sumin! Hello?” Haneul called.

“Apples!” I yelled as a response.

“Apples? Ugh, whatever. Let’s go to our spot.” Haneul shrugged off my random getaway and pulled me out of my seat cause my other arm to hit Jimin’s head.

I clicked my tongue, “Sorry Jimin-ah!” When I said that, I felt like I was very close to Jimin. Like we were friends – very close friends. He acted like my arm never hurt or hit him at all which was weird because my arm hurt from his stone hard head.

Haneul dragged me to our spot in the bleachers of the huge field our school uses for almost everything. We got more silence over there because no one was willing to take the extra walk and sit there. But some of the boys were willing to take the extra run around the field as they played soccer, baseball, and/or track.

Today was a different day between Haneul and I during lunch. Usually we would be laughing very loud and talking nonstop, but we had our silent gaps in between. It was as if we had nothing to talk about and it scared me.

“Why the silent atmosphere?” Haneul asked before taking a bite off her tuna sandwich. To be honest her mom makes the best tuna sandwiches ever.

“I was waiting for you to say something.” I implied as the truth because it really was the truth. I was hoping that her reply back wouldn’t be, “I was waiting for you to say something first.”

I spoke too soon, “I was waiting for you to say something first.” We stared at each other for a second or two then started laughing. I loved these kinds of moments with my best friend. Too bad that she was not assigned to my class this year. If only she studied the night before the test last school year, she would’ve been in my class. Oh well, there’s nothing I can do about it now.

“You guys look like crazy lunatics.” A male voice popped in. Our heads turned to the male and it was the guy with the cute eye smile telling Jimin that he was super hungry.

“What are you doing here, Taehyung?” Haneul asked as the boy took a seat very close, and I mean very close, to Haneul on the other side. Is there… something going on… between these two? My Sherlock Holmes came out to observe their movements.

“I got bored and my friend wanted to be alone.” He said. Taehyung looked over Haneul and pointed his head towards me, “Aren’t you going to introduce me to your lovely lunatic friend?”

Haneul scoffed, “This is Seo Sumin. She’s in class A.”

Taehyung leaned the palms of his hands on the bleacher before bowing to me. I bowed back to him kind of awkward of the situation. It was awkward because they seemed… very close to each other. Haneul never talked about Taehyung before and nor have I ever noticed this boy around. “Ah!” He snapped his fingers. “You were that girl sitting next to my friend, Park Jimin, right?”

I caught a glimpse of Haneul when her eyes widened, “You sit next to Park Jimin?” She took a small bite off her sandwich prior to mumbling to herself, “I didn’t notice him earlier… Or did I?” The girl shook her head to shrug off the thought.

“How is like to sit next to a cold guy like him?” Taehyung asked. He wrapped his arm around Haneul’s shoulders and boy did her face turn into a tomato. There is something going on between these two huh? Or is he taking my best friend away from me…?

“It’s only the second day of school; we barely talk at all actually.” I commented, rolling my eyes.

“Really? He is a talkative person when he’s around people he’s very comfortable with.” Taehyung mentioned.

“I barely know the kid. Of course he’s not going to say anything to me. But he did say something earlier. Or more like… asked me.” I wasn’t sure if I should go through the incident thorough because I don’t want to embarrass Jimin – in front of his friend – that I rejected him.

“Hm?” Haneul’s head titled. “What did he ask you?” She took another bite of her sandwich which hit me that I’m not half done with my sandwich.

“He was asking me if I was free later.” I told with caution.

“So…” Taehyung started, “my boy asked you on a date?” Taehyung was smirking as if, if I were to say yes, he would tease Jimin about it. I wasn’t too sure if that was a good or bad thing.

“I don’t know and I don’t care. Jimin is the least of my business. I don’t know him and he doesn’t know me. So no need to make a big deal about it. Plus, I’m not even sure if he was asking me on a date. I mean maybe he needed to tell me something, then part ways.” I realized that I sounded like I was getting mad at what Taehyung asked.

Taehyung chuckled, “I’m sorry if I offended you, but it was just a joke.”

I blinked, “Oh I knew that! I was just joking too!” I nervously laughed and ate my sandwich in worry.

The rest of lunch were mostly just Haneul and Taehyung talking about the people in their class. They must be seat partners or knew each other from before to have been this comfortable with each other. I felt left out that I finished my sandwich really fast; therefore, I had nothing better to do than to watch the guys play their games and run around.

Thankfully the bell rang and I left Haneul and Taehyung at their place. I would’ve been third wheeling if I stayed. I took my time to walk back to class because the passing period was a good ten minutes. I decided to take the long way, but that wasn’t the best decision to have made at that time.

As I walked down a busy hallway, I got pulled off to the side causing me to squeal because I got scared for a moment. Everyone’s gaze turned to me and the person who pulled me. My back hit the wall and I was met face-to-face with… Jimin. Everyone was staring and I felt embarrassed. I didn’t know what was going on at the moment. Everything was too fast for me to take in. Next thing I knew, he leaned his left arm on top of me on the wall and lifted my chin up with his right index finger and thumb. I could hear everyone gossiping about what was going on. He stared at me as if he was trying to tell me something, but I couldn’t exactly point out what.

Jimin finally spoke up, “You and I are going on a date later, after school.”

My eyes widened, ‘Date?’

 

 

 

 


author's note:

I'm deeply sorry I haven't updated in half a year. Sheez, every time I update - any story - the first thing I do is apologize lol. I honestly had to take a tiny break from AFF to find my motivation to write stories again and I finally found my motivation. One word: college LOL. Anyways, I tried my best to make this chapter long and I hope you all liked it. I know hella shiz happened in this chapter, but oh wells. I have other stories to update so each story will have a turn. Unfortunately this story is second to last on my list... I think, but I'll try to update this as soon as possible. I really like the plot of this story so maybe I can cheat and do this one before the others. Okay, I won't take too much of your time! Please leave you thoughts in the comments and don't forget to smile :D

thanks for reading~saburiina