Chapter 2: Meeting the Parents

Onew's Chicken Girl

The words in italics are Ji-woo's thoughts. Sorry, this chapter took so long to come out. I was working on this chapter so long because I didn't really like the ending. Probably there will be one or two chapters left. One about her truly finding out they are dating and one about their wedding. 

----

Ji-woo was in the kitchen of her parents' chicken restaurant when she got a call on their restaurant phone. It was the time of day when there was a lag in the customers and it was becoming quite boring. "Yeboseyo." She happily called into the phone.

"Noona, this is Jinki, can come over right now?" Asked Jinki. "Sure, want me to come to SM, right? "she responded. "No, different place, the address is..." Jinki began to rattle off the address.

Ji-woo quickly wrote down the address as he said it. "Okay, I have it...How many people?" Ji-woo asked, but, Jinki had already hung up.

Lee Jinki had been a regular customer at the restraturant for some time now, and he almost ordered the same thing so, Ji-woo quickly made the kpop idol's favorite type of chicken, left the restraurant in the care of her umma, and hurried to the address bringing enough with her to feed all the members of SHINee. 

When she reached the house where the address led her, she quickly knocked on the door. The door was opened by Jinki who quickly ushered her in.

"Appa and Umma," Jinki called to the other rooms in the house. Needless to say, Ji-woo had not been expecting to meet the star's parents before she arrived. "Is she here?" Questioned Jinki's Umma coming from the kitchen. Jinki's Appa also appeared right behind her.

"Appa and Umma, this is my girlfriend Ha Ji-woo." Introduced Jinki. Ji-woo was in a state of shock by now, not only to meet Onew's parents but also have Onew claim that she was his girlfriend his parents. She thought she must be dreaming, or there really were people who really followed Korean Dramas and got pretend girlfriends.

In that case, she really wished to be told before it was announced or she was introduced, after all, how was she suppose to answer the important questions if she did not even know beforehand.

How long have they been dating? How did it happen?  What do they even do on these dates?  All of these things past through her mind in a moment, but, she managed to keep all these things in her mind.

His Umma Looked over Ji-woo. Ji-woo quickly bowed to each of the parents. "How old are you?" Asked Jinki's Umma. "I am a late 87 liner." "How long have you guys being dating?" Asked Jinki's Ahbuhji.

"Since June 30, exactly 31 days."  answered Jinki.That's the second day we met, the day he found out I worked at my parents chicken restaurant.What's that?" His umma asked looking at the containers of chicken, Ji-woo held in her hands.

Ji-woo smiled and answered nervously,"Chicken, I made them at my parents restaurant and brought them for Jinki and you guys, I didn't know what you would like so I brought Jinki's favorite." To this, both parents grinned and turned to each other and smiled. Jinki's dad turned back toward Ji-woo,"can you stay for dinner?" He asked.

"I'll have to tell my parents." Ji-woo replied. After dinner which consisted of Korean style Stir fried Udon Noodles and the chicken Ji-woo brought over. Ji-woo and Jinki's umma were talking and looking at baby pictures of Jinki, and Jinki and his Appa were playing Dabuk and both of them seemed pretty good at it.


When it reached 10pm, Ji-woo supposed that she should go home. Jinki would have offered to drive or walk her home, but she did not wish to leave to leave her motorcycle for the restaurant there, so, Jinki decided to just walk her out to her motorcycle. Ji-woo hugged and bowed to Jinki's parents and Jinki followed her to her motorcycle. 

Ji-woo expected for Jinki to apologize to her or at least, thank her for pretending to be his girlfriend in front of his parents. Maybe he would even suggest writing a contract or something of that sort.

She waited therefore for a few moments before getting on her motorcycle. But, Jinki made no motion of attempt to do so, except for the fact that he did not call her by a cute nickname or something or try to kiss her, he seemed to act like they were really dating and this was expected and normal.

Jinki frowned after a few minutes had passed and Ji-woo was staring at him, without getting on her motorcycle. "I would like you to stay, but, didn't you said you have to go?" Jinki asked confused. Does he really believe we are dating? Thought Ji-woo in state of much confusion. Ji-woo tried to shake this thought from her mind as she got on the motorcycle. Jinki waved to her as she drove off. 

--------
It was about a week later, and Ji-woo still did not know if Onew thought they were dating or not.

It was kinda confusing. I mean, she thought if they were really dating there would an obvious, right? There was nothing anyone could really refer to as date ever happening, unless that person referred to the once a week or possible twice a week order of chicken from Ji-woo's family restraurant.

She came to deliver each time and most times it was just an order for Onew, although on occasion Onew ordered chicken for all of SHINee and Ji-woo got to see the other members. But, this was not unusual, Ji-woo had seen them before she met Onew's parents. 

But, Ji-woo was determined to find out if they were dating, although she had no wish to ask Onew about it. She figured it would be bad either way.

If they were dating Onew would get upset that  she didn't know they were and if they weren't, well, she didn't want to think about the consequences of that. Onew would probably never speak to her again, she would seem like a really disillusion Shawol. Of course, she was a Shawol but, she liked to think she wasn't the delusion kind. 

Now, how would she go about finding out if she was dating Onew or not without being obvious was the next question. Asking Onew's parents or members of SHINee was straight out of the question, it would have similar result to asking Onew straight out.

 

----

Dabuk is a board game in Korea. You can see it being played in some dramas by the parents. Note: I made Ji-woo a Noona because that is what Onew said his ideal girl was.