Chapter 3: Dating?

Onew's Chicken Girl

Not a week later, Onew called Ji-woo on her phone since they had exchanged phone numbers at his parents’ house.

‘‘Jinki, want to order more chicken?’’ she asked as soon as she answered the phone.

‘‘No, not right now, I need to let you know about something before it comes out in the news.’’ Announced Jinki, nervously.

‘‘What is it?’’ questioned Ji-woo.

‘‘I am in a new drama, and this time I am the main lead.’’

‘‘Oh, that’s daebak! Congraulations!’’

‘‘Yeah, so, as the main lead…..’’ here he paused for a minute or two.

‘‘I……my love interest is…..’’

‘‘You won’t get jealous will you?’’

That’s when Ji-woo realized why he sounded so nervous.

‘‘Don’t worry about me. I am glad for you and I am cheering you on.’’

‘‘Thank you…also, I was thinking you could come over to the dorm and teach me how to fry my favorite fried chicken.’’

‘‘Right now?’’

‘‘Any time today is good. Whenever you are free.’’

‘‘Alright, see you at 7pm. That’s when I get off work today. My parents are closing the shop early today, because they are going somewhere tomorrow.’’

‘‘See you then.’’

 

-

At this time in the story, Kyuhyun interrupted.

‘‘You guys did not see them cooking in the kitchen? Or did it really not look like a date?’’

‘‘No, we were gone that day, Jinki hyung was resting at home, when they had this date. But, this was the point that Ji-woo noona realized that she was really dating Jinki hyung. And that was just one of many cooking dates they had.’’ Minho responded.

‘‘Did you guys know before or after it was announced on tv that Jinki was getting married?’’ Kyuhyun questioned.

‘‘Technically, before but, he announced right after he told us. No one even knew that he was going to announce it at all that day. He just was MC-ing that day and decided it was the best time to tell everyone. Although, according to Ji-woo, she had pretty much figured out he was going to announce it that day.’’

 

‘‘How? Did he leave her a weird phone call or something?’’

‘‘Yes, he called her up and made sure she knew his schedule that day. She said it was the only time he had ever done that before. So, she made sure to watch that night when he was MC-ing on The Show.’’

-

 

‘‘Shall we say goodbye now?’’

‘‘Until now this is Kpop information, live broadcast The Show.’’

‘‘I am getting married to Ha Ji-woo.’’

‘‘Let’s meet again next Tuesday. Bye.’’

 This announcement from Onew had quite a stir as no one seemed to know who Onew was referring to. Several Shawols suspected he had meant to say Ha Ji-won, which left many questions of why.

But, right after that aired there came out an exclusive interview from Onew that day because of the photo shoot he had done earlier. One of the questions asked about his ideal girl and to this he replied

‘‘I already have found my ideal girl, she is Ha Ji-woo and I am marrying her.’’

The interviewer could not of course let this one go, and asked who she was.

‘‘She is not a model or anyone who is in the public media, she is just the daughter of a chicken restaurant owner. But, I would like Shawol to know that this will not change my career or SHINee in any way. I will still be, even as a father, Onew, leader of SHINee. Thank you so much for being our fans and loving us. Everyone knows even my parents. I will let you know when the wedding is soon.’’