The Encounter and The Result

It Was You (Kim Taehyung / V fanfic)

Luna’s POV

“Thank you, please come again!” I thanked the customers. Yes, I also work a part time job as a cash register girl in a local desert/cafe shop. Thankfully the business is continuously growing and it’s becoming popular, the pay is also alright, It’s not much, but every single penny is worth it. I saw a group of people coming in, one guy came in wearing a face mask, which is somewhat peculiar. “Welcome, what would you like to order?” I asked. “The brown haired man in front of me stared at me for quite a while. “Sorry, is there a problem?” I asked. “N-no, can i just get one ice americano please?” he ordered. “Of course, that will be 5,000 won” I said. He handed me the money, “Thank you, your order will be at the end of the counter, thank you” I smiled. 

 

Taehyung’s POV 

Flashback.. 30 minutes before 

“E-excuse me, do you know Luna?” I asked the man from earlier in the audition. “Yes, why do you ask?” he asked. “U-uh, do you might happen to know where she is right now?” I asked hoping that it wouldn’t sound weird. “Hmm she said she had work somewhere in a cafe not to far away from here, I think the one near the clothing shop at the end of the street” he said cluelessly. “Oh thank you.. uh” I said figuring out his name. “The name’s Josh” he said shaking my hand. “Right, thanks Josh hyungnim” I smiled. We parted ways, as I went back to the dorms. Why am I so desperate to see her? I thought to myself. What’s keeping me so attracted to her? I opened the door and everyone was busy doing their thing. “Tae, we have a day off today, wanna do something?” asked Jimin. A day off? maybe.. “Sorry man, I have to do something” I said. “Something?” He asked suspiciously. “Uh.. detergent, we ran out of detergent right?” I quickly came up with an excuse, it wasn’t a lie though. “Oh yeah, laundry day is almost coming!” said Jin. “You better buy some later” he continued. “Alright, I’m off” I said going out. I took my mask and wear it. 

 

Luna’s POV 

- hours later -

*Sighs* I glanced at the clock and the store is almost coming to a close. Finally! it’s been a tiring day. I rubbed my shoulder due to extreme fatigue. I observed the store and there were no more customers.. except that man earlier.. with the mask. “Is he a stalker or something?” I asked myself. I went out of the counter and start to clean up the tables. 

 

Taehyung’s POV 

“Ah what am I doing? I’m supposed to talk to her, why am I not making a move?” I asked myself. “E-excuse me sir, the store is about to close” I heard a small voice next to me. It’s her. “Oh, I’ll be out in a moment” I said and she started to walk away. Wait, no don’t go. Aish what do I do? there’s no backing out now. “L-luna!” I shouted. 

 

Luna’s POV 

“L-luna!” he shouted. How does he know my name? MAYBE HE IS A STALKER. “S-sir are you a stalker?” I stuttered turning my heels facing him. I stood in my place and he didn’t say a word. “I’m going to call the police!” I threatened. “What? no! I’m far from a stalker, I’m not” he defended himself and snatched the mask off of his face. He looked familiar. “He’s from the audition, one of the judges” I thought to myself. “Taehyung-sshi?” I asked. “Yeah, it’s me” he calmed down. “Sorry, I just thought.. you may be a stalker” I looked down embarrassed. “No worries haha” he laughed awkwardly. “Y-you called me earlier?” I asked walking towards his table. “Yes” he said looking at me. “Please sit down” he gestured, and I did. “So..” I said trying to avoid the tension. “I knew you before the audition..” he blurted out. “You what?” I said with surprise. “You sang at the park right?” he asked. The park?. “Yes I do, wait, were you that guy dressed up in all white?” I asked, realising his familiar features. “Yes that was me! you noticed me?” he asked showing his rectangular smile. “Yep, but you we’re gone in a second” I smiled. “I wanted to hear more, but we had a tight schedule” He said. 

 

From that on, we chatted about almost everything, about random things, about things we had in common. I can say that i’ve grown close to him in a short time. It’s nice to have a friend, I don’t have many, all the ones I had drifted apart when my dad passed way, I wanted time alone, they gave me space.. too much space. But now there’s him. Taehyung. 

 

-Days later-

 

I became acquainted with Taehyung really well, we exchanged phone numbers, sent silly texts and pics, we’ve became really great friends. I woke up today with a text from him. 

 

Taetae: YAAAAH WAKE UP! ^^ 

 

I giggled. and replied: 

 

Moon girl: you’re so noisy -_- I’m up already

 

Taehyung called me moon girl because Luna means moon, he thought I belong in outer space.. because I’m weird. well.. we’re weird. 

 

Taetae: When are you going to get your audition results? 

Moon girl: Josh said it’s today.. wish me luck okay

Taetae: I’m already on my knees praying to God, I want my best friend here now! 

Moon girl: Aigoo this kid, why are you so weird?

Taetae: Don’t tell me I’m weird, you weirdo 

 

I got up from my bed and start my day. I took a shower and made my way to prepare some breakfast. I stopped and saw a picture of my dad and I. “Hi dad, it’s me your kiddo. I went through the audition a couple days ago, did you see it? Josh told me the result is today. Wish me luck dad, I miss you” I held the picture and set it back to it’s place. Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, it was Josh. “Yes, hello?” I answered. “You got the result back” he said seriously. “H-how is it?” I asked. “prepare you’re things.. you’re moving?” he said. “Why?” I asked. “Congratulations, you’ve been accepted to bighit entertainment!” he broke his act and got excited. “AAAAAH are you serious? I can’t believe it” I shouted. “Ah, I think you broke my ear kid” he laughed. “Thank you so much! this wouldn’t happen without you!” I thanked him. “I treat you like family, just like like I treat Jeremy, you are important to me” he confessed. “Thank you again” I said and ended the conversation. I quickly open my chat line with Tae

 

Moongirl: TAEEEEE! I GOT IN! AAAAAH, I’M PANICKINGGGG  

Taetae: WHAT YOU DID? NOW I’M PANICKING TOOO, YEAY MY BESTIE IS ACCEPTED

Moongirl: Ah, but that means I’m going to see your face more, maybe I should reconsider taking this offer..

I joked

Taetae: you’re mean. :(

Moongirl: Just kidding taetae, It’s gonna be so much fun there with you ^^