Audition

It Was You (Kim Taehyung / V fanfic)

Luna’s POV 

While we rode to the company, I have a million doubtful questions on my mind. What will i sing? i haven’t prepared anything, what if i screw up? why are they asking me to audition? I was only applying for a small job, not to be a star? why is all this happening so fast?

“Hey, you ok there?” he peeped. “N-no, not really, I’m so nervous, I don’t think I can do it” I confessed. “I’ve known your dad for so long, and he wouldn’t stop talking about you, about how beautiful your voice is” he said while focusing on the road. “He told you about me?” I asked. “More like bragging” he chuckled, “Judging by your dad’s taste of music and artists, you are one talented girl. Even though I haven’t heard you sing or dance, I trust his opinions” he continued. “What if he’s only saying that because.. you know.. he’s my dad” I asked again. “Well at this point, you just have to show them what you got” he smiled. 

 

Taehyung’s POV 

“Boys, I know how close you were with Jeremy, but during this audition process, I want you all to be honest and upfront” Said Bang PD-nim. “Yes” We all said in unison. We heard a knock on the door and a man came in. “Excuse me, Luna is here” he said. “Bring her in” gestured Bang PD-nim. She walked in wearing a light coat, white converse, tousled wavy hair, and a beautiful smile. A smile that was so familiar to me.. She.. she was the girl at the park. 

 

Luna’s POV 

My palms starts to sweat like crazy, there was him, Mr. Bang Si Hyuk and 7 handsome boys sitting in a row in front of me. How am I supposed to audition with all these people? THESE HANDSOME PEOPLE. Josh went to their side and a video camera, for audition purpose, i assume. “Full name?” asked Bang Si Hyuk. “Luna Collins” I tried not to stutter. “Age?” he asked again. “19 years old” I answered. “Please prepare for you performance” he said casually. I really didn’t prepare for this.. oh there’s a piano. I walked towards it and sat down. I tried to forget about everything and closed my eyes. 

 

Flashback

“Dad, I really think I can’t do the school show, I’m scared of the audience, what if they think I’m horrible” I leaned my head on his shoulder. “But you’ve practice so hard, and remember what I always say honey, thinking will not overcome fear, action will” he said softly. 

 

I can do this. I took a deep breath and start playing (I would highly suggest listening to this while picturing her audition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2tHs9zz8ms)

 

“I Know That You've Been Calling Me,

And I'm happy that we met.

Don't think that I'm not interested.

I'm just playing hard to get

 

 

So much about this crazy game they call love

That I'm trying to understand,

So could you be my best friend,

Before you call yourself my man

 

 

Why can't I love you in slow motion,

Take my time,

Take away the pressure on my mind

Really get to know you

But rewind

Wanna love you in slow motion

Why can't I?”

 

Taehyung’s POV 

I, I can’t believe it. I’m just in awe. She’s amazing. I looked to see the others react and their mouth were all on the floor (metaphorically speaking). She just seems so natural. I observed her face and she looked so focused and she sung with her feelings and a warm vibe radiated from her voice, and I felt it. No, I fell for it. 

 

Luna’s POV 

Why can't I love you in slow motion,

Take my time,

Take away the pressure on my mind

Really get to know you

But rewind

I Wanna love you in slow motion

Why can't... I

 

I finished singing, and stood up, ready to be evaluated. “That was really good Luna, your vocals are really great” said Bang Si Hyuk. “What do you think boys?” he asked the 7 guys. “The flow was really nice, and I can feel your emotion while you were singing it” said Namjoon, If I’m not mistaken. There was also the vocal teachers there. “Overall it was great, however you can still work on the the crescendo and the riffs” she explained. “Thank you” I replied. “Alright, now it’s time for the dance, show us what you got” said Bang Si Hyuk. I haven’t dance for so long to be honest, and I’m very worried for this part of the audition. I gave my phone with the music already set to Josh. I took of my light coat so It doesn’t bother me while I dance and placed it on the chair next to the piano. I gave josh a nod and the music played. 

 

I fell in love with dancing since I started walking, I never went to any type of dance class or anything.. but I just teach myself? However since my dad passed away, I stuck with singing more since I could vent my feelings more. I was so depressed and too busy that I didn’t have any time to dance anymore. Honestly, I’m just winging this part of the audition, free styling. I felt the rhythm and the beat of the music and started moving. 

 

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45m87oR7ADc  

 

Once finished, “That was.. great” Bang Si Hyuk complimented again. “Boys?” he asked again. “I can say that your choreography is not only great, but full of.. swag, yeah. It’s important while dancing” said J-hope. “It was good” said Jungkook giving a thumbs up. Then I received some comments from the dance instructor, mainly positive comments, but I was lacking in some parts too. “Ms. Collins, we’ll be reviewing your audition and we’ll tell you the results in a few days” said Mr. Bang. “Thank you for having me today” I bowed and left the room. 

 

“Hey Luna!” shouted Josh running up to me. “How did you think about the audition?” I asked. “You were better than I expected” he gave me a huge grin. “really? you think so?” I said with hope. “I’m pretty sure you’re going to be a trainee soon” He said. “Um, Josh, but.. I’m a foreigner. Won’t it affect my possibility of becoming a trainee?” I asked again. “You’re always thinking too much, it won’t affect you, I promise” he ruffled my hair. “What time is it?” I said and I glared at the clock, “shoot, I’m late for work” I shouted. I started running towards the exit. “Luna, I’ll talk to you soon!” shouted Josh. “See you later!” I shouted back 

 

Taehyung’s POV 

“Thank you boys, you may go now” said Mr. Bang. “Thank you” we bowed and exited the room. I tried looking for Luna, I searched left and right. “Yah, you’re looking for her?” said Namjoon. “Hyung, she’s the girl at the park” I told everyone. “She was? whoaa that’s such a coincidence” said Jungkook. “Pray that she’s gonna be accepted here, that way you can see her everyday” said Suga. I should pray everyday, just to get a chance to talk to her. “She was really good!” said Jimin impressed. “She has talent, that’s for sure” said Jin. “I can’t believe she is Jeremy’s daughter” said J-hope. “She’s beautiful” said Jungkook. “You’re too young for her” said Jimin. “She’s probably into someone like me” continued Jimin. “Yeah right” I scoffed. Great, now the they like her too?