Chapter 1: Danielle Hwang

Chased by Idols
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Danielle Hwang

 

“Five, six, seven and end.” The dance trainer ended with a final clap and dismissed the trainees. The room grew silent with only the pants and the silent groans of the occupants. With a huff, Danielle stood up straight and walked towards the corner of the room. She quenched her thirst and was halfway emptying her water bottle when Jimin called the girl’s name.

 

“Danielle.” At her name, the aforementioned girl turned around and met face to face with the company president.

 

Ah , Danielle thought. She wasn’t her best today. Maybe she came to scold her?

 

Danielle quickly bowed down, “Ah President Jimin, it’s good to see you.”

 

She smiled and ruffled Danielle’s hair, “What did I tell you about calling me?”

 

“To call you Jimin unnie,” Danielle softly replied.

 

Jimin took a liking of Danielle when the younger girl entered the company. Danielle is like a little sister to her. Danielle was new and confused when she entered the company and knew little Korean to help her off and Jimin noticed the girl was having a hard time adjusting so she took Danielle under her wing.

 

“That’s right kiddo. So you should start calling me that now.”

 

“But Jimin unnie, you’re still my senior. I can’t just go around and call you unnie while you’re the company president and my senior.” Danielle retorted.

 

Jimin gave it a thought. “Alright, we’ll have to compromise on that,” she ruffled the younger girl’s hair again. “By the way, good work.” With a thumbs up, Jimin left Danielle alone to talk to the other trainees.

 

Danielle was in the middle of packing of her things when she felt someone embrace her. She tensed at the contact and was ready to push off the assailant when a voice rang out and made her relax.

 

“Hyejeong, release the poor child.” Choa paced towards the pair and smiled at the startled girl.

 

Hyejeong pouted. “I miss Elle. She wasn’t in my scheduled training.”

 

Choa rolled her eyes. “She was ready to pounce on you if it weren’t for me.”

 

Danielle’s face heats up. She was so ready to shove Hyejeong to the ground for startling her and she could’ve done it if it weren’t Choa interrupting.

 

“Sorry for startling you, Elle. I won’t do it again.”

 

“It’s okay Hyejeong sunbaenim.” Danielle felt apologetic for almost shoving her senior to the ground, “Sorry for almost pushing you off.”

 

Hyejeong laughed, “It was my fault anyway so no need for that. And what did I tell you about calling me sunbaenim?”

 

Ah, this again. Danielle thought.

 

“But you’re still my seniors!”

 

Hyejeong placed her hands on her hips, “Yes, we're your seniors so do what you’re told.” She gave Danielle a cheeky grin.

 

“Just do what you’re told, Elle. You can’t win with us.” Choa amusingly chided in.

 

With a sigh, Danielle nodded.

 

Ever since Jimin took Danielle under her wing, automatically she was under AOA’s wing. The members assisted her adjusting to the place and helped her improve her Korean. They made living in Korea bearable for Danielle.

 

Danielle went out of the practice room to get something in her locker. On the way, she bumped into Seolhyun and Mina.

 

“Oh Elle, done practicing?” Seolhyun greeted her with a smile.

 

Danielle waved, “Yep, I was just gonna head to my locker and change.”

 

“Alright,” Mina began.

Please log in to read the full chapter