Final

Summer Vacation

"What favor?"

"Give me a week. Just seven days. Stay here for a week and I'll be the happiest person."

"Why?"

"Cause I love you too."

Yibo's eyes widened to those simple words of yours. He finally felt like all those endless efforts were eventually paid off. However, he wasn't as happy as you expected him to be. That made you start worrying if he wasn't able to do this favor. Well not because he didn't want to. But because it wasn't his choice. You knew how hard it was to be in a group that consisted of three Chinese members and two Koreans. You knew he had to travel a lot. Plus, he finally graduated from high school which it was easier for him to go from one country to the other. That was one of the reasons why he never confessed to you properly. He wasn't sure how to maintain a long distance relationship. Especially with someone who didn't even live to his own hometown. 

Yibo though, didn't see it that way anymore. Now that you had finally admitted that you loved him as well, he knew that this relationship was not that impossible. But he wasn't sure if he wanted to test this. Maybe staying for a week would make him understand if you loved him as much as he loved you. But there was also a huge possibility that you would get tired of not seeing him for a month or maybe more. That was why he was afraid of testing it.

 ***

You walked down the corridor of the summer school with many books in your hands and Hyeyeon beside you. Today was the last day in school and you could all now leave. You were super happy you didn't have to study anymore meaning you could spend more hours with Yibo. Though that was also meant that your holidays were coming to an end. You only had one week before you went back home. 

"FINALLY! I thought I would die if I spent a day more in that place!" Hyeyeon cheered and sighed heavily. "What are we going to do with those books anyway?" She asked and looked at the heavy books she was holding. 

"I don't know. Get rid of them?" You suggested and the next thing you knew you were throwing away all those books in a trash bin. You stretched your arms from holding those heavy things and noticed Jaejoong approaching you. "Hey girls." 

Hyeyeon jumped surprised and hugged him. You grinned at how cute they looked together. "Jaehee, what are you going to do now? Do you want me to drive you back to the apartment?" He asked hoping you would say no so you could leave them alone. You realised that immediately and shook your head. You were busy anyway. "I have something to do and it's not far from here." You said honestly and after some good byes you started walking.

Yibo and the other members of UNIQ had dance practise and you thought of going there. You plugged your earphones in your phone and let the music in your ears. As you were walking you noticed a small shop selling kimbap. Maybe buying some for them would be nice since they would be starving by now. You entered the shop and bowed at the ahjumma behind the counter. After paying you got out and continued walking.  

You didn't exactly know where the practise room was and since you wanted to surprise Yibo you decided to call Seungyeon. 

"Hey." Seungyeon said through the phone.

"Hi Seungyeon-ah. I'm sorry for bothering you while practising, but I was wondering if you could tell me the address to your practice room? I was thinking of bringing food right now. And please don't tell Yibo."

"Food? Of course. I'm going to send you the address by text, arachi? (Okay?)"

"Arasseo. (Okay) Thank you, see you later." You said and hung up. After a couple of seconds he sent you the address. You loaded the address to your phone's maps and it showed you how to get there. As you realised it was a 10 minutes walk so it wasn't such a problem.

You got there in no time and you were about to open the glass door when a man with a suit stopped you. "I'm sorry but I'm afraid you don't have access to this building." He told you with an expressionless tone. You frowned slightly and sighed. "I'm afraid I do." You stated with the same tone as his. You could see his frown behind his sunglasses but that didn't stop you. You had access to this building! You knew it!

"I'm sorry but I can't let you pass that door without a proof that you have access to." He simply stated and waited for you to leave but you wouldn't move. "I do have a proof. Just call Seungyeon or Yibo! I'm their friend and they do know I would be coming." You replied almost yelled completely annoyed you were stuck with this guy. "What's your name miss?" He asked with the same tone. You started believing he was actually a robot. 

"Jaehee." You rolled your eyes and tapped your food on the ground. "Please wait a moment." He said and took the phone which was on the wall. He pressed a number then waited. "There's a girl here with the name Jaehee...oh I see." He ended the call and put the phone back on it's place. "Please come in." He said and opened the glass door for you.  You bowed as a thank you and you were about to go inside but you stopped. "Where do I go?" You asked quietly and blinked. 

"Second floor." He replied and closed the door behind you. You grinned and took the elevator to second floor. You were finally there. Loud music could be heard from the corridor to the practise room. You followed the noise and came across another glass door. You could see the five of them dancing passionately in front of many mirrors. They looked tired and hungry. Well that's why you were there for. You would go in but you didn't really want to disturb them so you waited till they finished.

That didn't take long as the music suddenly stopped and everyone laid on the floor breathing heavily. You smiled and opened the door then walked all the way to the benches behind them. You could see Yibo noticing you from the mirror and you grinned but acted it like you hadn't noticed him. He stood up and approached you quietly earning some glances from the other members. "Hey." He smiled widely at you and he was about to hug you but you stopped him with your hand. "You're sweaty." You stated and you gave him the bag with the food. His eyes widened to the sight of it then stared at you. "Thank you so much, Jaehee-ah!" Said Yibo happily and hugged you despite your disgust of him being all sweaty.

You wanted to pull away but he was stronger than you. "Enough, enough." You whispered as you saw the other members approaching. He pulled away and opened the bag then took a kimbap. "Hi Jaehee-ah." Seungyeon waved at you and smiled. You smiled back at him and offered him a kimbap. "Yah aren't you going to introduce us?" Another guy said. He was pretty attractive you could tell. You bowed slightly and smiled. "Annyeong haseyo. Jaehee imnida. (Hello. I'm Jaehee.)" The three of them bowed as well and started telling their names. It was Sungjoo, Wenhan and Yixuan. They were older than you and that made you feel awkward. You offered them food as well which they gladly took.

Everybody was satisfied so that made you happy. "So Jaehee ssi, what's your relationship with Yibo and Seungyeon?" Sungjoo asked while eating and you could see Yibo's glare when he heard 'relationship' and 'Seungyeon' in the same sentence. "She's my girlfriend." Yibo stated while having food in his mouth. He kept eating while everybody was staring at him. "Really?" Wenhan asked shocked. "How long have you been together?"

"For like a day?" You said while staring at Yibo. You felt horrible. Why did he have to say it like that? Seungyeon noticed and cleared his throat. "Well we all met her this summer. You see she came in Seoul to attend that summer school my sister went too, you know,  and she stayed with her brother which happened to be Yibo's roommate." He explained the whole situation to avoid the awkwardness. You thanked him with a nod and looked at your phone. "Oh I think it's time to go. My brother will be worried." You lied and stood up.

"Are you sure you don't want to wait for me and drive you back home? It won't take long." Yibo asked and stood up. You shook your head and grinned at everyone. "It was nice meeting you today." You said and started walking to the exit, Yibo following behind you. You opened the glass door and Yibo held your wrist before you went to the elevator. "Jaehee-ah, did I do anything wrong? This is...new to me and if I made you feel uncomfortable I would like to know." He honestly said and you smiled. 

You were a little annoyed he had to say to everyone you were his girlfriend that way, but his honesty made you feel better. Actually you didn't even remember why you were annoyed on the first place. "You did nothing wrong." You said and smiled and were ready to go when he stopped you. This time placing his lips on yours. It sent chills down your spine and you pulled away after some seconds embarrassed of someone might have seen you.

***

You were alone at home and completely bored. Neither Jaejoong or Yibo was here yet and you wondered what would happen if you did wait at the practise room until they finished. You were lying on the couch waiting for the sound of one of their keys to open that door but that didn't seem to happen any time soon. You decided to call Choa since you hadn't talked to her for what seemed like ages and you wanted to catch up with her news.

"Hey! Jaehee! It's been a long time! Why didn't you call me earlier?"

"I was sort of busy, you know with school and stuff. Today was the last day there so I'm all available from now on."

"That's nice to hear! So when are you coming back? I've been completely alone the month you were missing!"

"It's already been a month? Wow I feel like I came here yesterday or something. I don't want to sound mean but I don't really want to come back, Choa."

"Why is that? I thought you hated the idea of going to that summer school."

"That's true. I still hate the idea to be honest, but it's so nice here in Seoul. I've made so many good friends. Well they're not so many, but i feel like I'm a part of that city now. I wish you could come for a visit one day. Though I'm leaving next week. I don't want to go back. I actually hate the idea of going to school again in September."

"Yah! Don't be like this! It's still July! We have one month till we go back to school!"

"Yeah, but it's not the same..." You whispered and a couple of tears rolled down your chin. Why were you crying? "Choa, I need to go. I'll call again soon. Bye." You said and quickly hung up. You started crying more even though you had no idea why. You just wanted to let everything out so you could just stop crying.

You had only left one week till you went back home and you hated that thought. You didn't want to go back to school. You didn't want to go back home. Because you knew you would stay all day alone since your parents would be working. You had no one back there. Only Choa of course but she would go on holidays and she would leave far away for a while. And if you stayed here, things would be bad again. Yibo and Seungyeon would go to China for some promotions, Hyeyeon would go to Busan to live with her cousin for a month and Jaejoong would start going to university and he would be gone all day. Either way you would be all alone.

You decided to stop crying. There was no reason for you to be feeling so selfish. Just because everybody had plans that you weren't involved in, that didn't mean you couldn't be happy on your own. One of the things your grandmother had told you before she passed away was; Don't always count on others, you never truly know if you're one of the people they are counting on.

You nodded to yourself and stood up. You went to the bathroom and cleaned your face. Then after taking all the stuff you needed such as your phone, money and keys. You left and locked the door behind you. You didn't know where you were going but you wanted to spend sometime on your own so you could get used to being alone. Besides that's how you were living since you were a kid. You parents never had time for you and your brother didn't always pay attention to you either. 

You walked down the street of Seoul. It was really crowded and that made you feel even more invisible. Nobody would ask why were you alone. Cause nobody cared and you were happy because of that. You entered a cafeteria which you never visited before. There weren't many people there so that's why you entered. You sat on a table next to the window and stared outside. Many people walking around minding their own business. There was a time when you would wonder what all those people could be thinking. But that made you feel empty and sometimes depressed so you stopped thinking about it. 

"May I have your order?" A voice asked and you turned your head and nodded. There was a young man and looked rather simply but kind of attractive too. Though he looked older than you. Around 25 or maybe older. 

"I'll get a...coffecino with caramel." You stated as you looked at the menu. The man nodded and wrote it down on his notebook then looked at you. "Are you waiting for someone?" 

You shook your head. "No. Not really." You quietly answered. He nodded again then thanked you with a bow. After that he walked away. You stared outside again with a blank mind. After a while you checked your screen for any messages or missed calls. Nothing. You sighed and looked at the time. 19:36 pm.  Wow. How long have you been lying on the couch? What Yibo meant by 'it won't take long'? You thought and frowned slightly.

"Here is your order." The guy said and placed your coffee in front of you. "And would you mind if I asked your name?" He asked and waited for your reply. "It's Jaehee. Song Jaehee." You replied and waited for him to leave but he didn't move at all. "I'm Soohyun. Kim Soohyun." He said and smiled. (If you don't know him, he's an actor. Search for him so you can have his face in your mind.) You nodded and smiled back at him. 

"And how old are you Jaehee ssi?" He asked in a cute way and stared at you. "I'm 17." You simply said and saw his smile fading away slowly. "R-Really? You look...older." Soohyun said and scratched the back of his neck. "I'm 27..." He replied embarrassed. "I'm sorry for bothering. Please enjoy your coffee." He said and quickly walked away. You held your laughter. He was just a nerd. He was openly flirting with you until he found your age. 

"What are you doing here?" A familiar voice asked and you raised your head only to see Yibo standing in front of you. "Nothing specific." You replied quietly. Yibo sat opposite to you. You noticed he looked sad and regretful though you didn't know why. "Are you okay?" You asked and offered him your coffee. He took of sip and gave it back to you. "I'm sorry I was late. I didn't want to leave you alone after practise. But our manager-nim suggested to treat us food." 

"No need to apologise." You replied honestly and smiled. Yibo sighed relieved and smiled back at you. "What about you? Why are you sitting here alone?" He asked but the guy who took your order earlier,  Kim Soohyun,  approached you again. "Are you going to order something sir?" He asked Yibo.

"No thanks. We're good." Yibo replied but Soohyun didn't leave then turned to you. "I thought you weren't waiting for someone."

You looked at him confused and blinked. "Well I didn't know he was coming either." You replied still confused. Soohyun rolled his eyes and walked away. Both you and Yibo were staring at him as he went behind the counter. 

"Who is this guy?" He asked and you noticed his jealous tone. "Honestly I have no idea. Let's leave." You said and stood up. You left some money on the table. You waved at Soohyun from afar and he nodded as a good bye. The next moment you were walking down the street while holding Yibo's hand.

"You know, there's only been a week, right?" Yibo asked and stared at you. You were looking on the ground. You nodded and bit your lip. You didn't really want to remember that.

"Do you think we're going to make it even from this distance?" You asked almost whispered. 

"Honestly? I think we're going to be okay." Yibo said and stopped walking then held your shoulders. "Can you do it?"

You bit your lip and smiled. "I'll try." You said and some tears escaped your eyes. Yibo wiped them off with his thumb and hugged you tightly. 

"We're going to be okay. I promise."

THE END (?)

***

A/N: okay so as you realised I at happy endings. Still working on them. Anyway, what do you guys think? And yes you're right, that's not a complete 'end' because I was thinking of making a sequel but a chaptered one. Like 'Summer Vacation II' please tell me your opinion about it below! I love you guys and thank you so much for supporting this story  ♡ see you soon, Fox

(Not my gif)