Part 4

Summer Vacation

You woke up to the annoying sound of the door bell. You opened your eyes slowly, realising you had fallen asleep on the couch. You looked at your legs only to see another pair at each side of your hips. You sat up quickly and saw Yibo sleeping while hugging you. He looked really handsome when he was sleeping and you noticed his shirt that was lifted a bit exposing a part of his stomach. You gulped loudly and blushed but the bell brought you back to reality. You stood up carefully moving his arms from your waist. You were about to open the door when you saw all those food on the coffee table. You put everything to the kitchen then run to the door.

"What took you so long?" Jaejoong asked when he entered in after taking off his shoes. You bit your lip and closed the door. 

"What about you? I thought that this was your house, don't you have a pair of keys?" You asked sarcastically. He clicked his tongue. "I had left them here." Said Jaejoong and went to the living room only to come across a sleeping Yibo. You were actually relieved he had left his keys here. You couldn't even imagine his reaction when he saw you two sleeping together. "Why is he here?" He mumbled to himself and you acted like you didn't hear him and followed him to the kitchen. 

You sat on the table and he started making some coffee. "What about last night?" You asked as you were aware of him sleeping to his friend's house.  The coffee machine started making its own noises and you glanced at the couch to see if Yibo woke up. Fortunately, he was still sleeping and you sighed relieved. "I don't want to talk about this." Jaejoong replied and poured coffee in the two white mugs. The smell of coffee gave off, filling the room with the feeling that it was morning and that everyone had to wake up. 

"Why is that?" You asked even more curious. Jaejoong sat opposite to you and gave you your mug. You nodded  as a thank you a took a sip carefully so you wouldn't burn your tongue. "Sojin was there..." He replied quietly almost whispered and took a sip as well. Your eyes widened and you put your mug down. "Sojin? Why. I thought you two had broken up months ago." 

"Two months. What I didn't know was that my friend had invited a lot of people and not just me." He said and you could notice the sadness in his tone. He looked down on his mug while his hands had circled it, feeling its warmness. "But why did he invite Sojin when he knew she's your ex?" You asked simply trying to make him feel better by talking about it. Since he hadn't seen you or your parents for almost a year, you had noticed that by the moment you started living with him that he was keeping everything inside. He had no one to talk to.

"He didn't invite Sojin. Another friend of ours was invited and he brought her with him saying, he wanted to introduce us his new girlfriend." Jaejoong explained bitterly. You made a noise of understanding and stood up to give him a comforting hug. "I don't think you deserve her, Oppa. I'm sure you'll find someone better, someone who will love you and who will always be there for you. Just don't be sad about this. Move on." You said and pulled away then smiled at him. Your brother nodded and smiled at you. "Thank you, Jaehee-ah. You always know how to make me feel better." 

You nodded then an idea came to you. "Oppa, I think I know someone who will be interested in you." You said happily and waited for his reaction. Jaejoong looked at you and raised an eyebrow. "Go on." 

 ***

You were in your room -well Jaejoong's room - searching for nice clothes to wear. Hyeyeon had suggested to go to one those big parties where it would be full of people drinking and not caring about others. It was one of her old friend's parties and even though you hated the idea of going, you wanted to introduce Jaejoong to Hyeyeon. No, not because she liked Yibo and you wanted to help her get off of him. But because you thought that they would look good together since they were both single. 

You found clothes to wear and put then on the bed, doing make up first would be easier. Suddenly, the door opened and Yibo walked in then closed it behind him. "What are you doing here?!" You whispered to him and tried to push him. Jaejoong was in the bathroom and he would come to find his clothes sooner or later. "I came to see you." He simply said not moving an inch from where his was. You bit your lip in embarrassed but kept pushing his chest. "Please leave. Jaejoong will be here sooner or later." 

"If you keep pushing me we'll lose time." He said and got your hands off of him softy. "Losing time doing what?" You asked confused and he pinned you on the closet. He held your wrists at each side of your head then came close to your face. So close you couldn't help yourself but hold your breath. His lips was right in front of yours and he was about to come even closer (if that is even humanly possible.) But stopped and pulled away quickly. You blinked a couple of times and frowned confused when Jaejoong opened the door. 

Your eyes widened and you let a sigh of relief, glad that Yibo heard Jaejoong coming while you understood nothing. Jaejoong walked in and saw the both of far away from each other staring at him.

"What? Why are you staring at me?" 

***

Jaejoong and you were now in his car driving to the party. Hyeyeon had said you would meet her there. "....and if she asks you to see your abs, don't hesitate to show her." You gave him the last minute advice, trying to hold back your laughter.  "She will ask me that?" Jaejoong asked seriously. You started laughing at his sudden reaction. "I don't know. But it's pretty possible."

You reached the party that was nothing else than a huge house with a pool on the front yard. It was full of people with loud music and you wondered how the hell would you find Hyeyeon in this crowd. You tried calling her but she wouldn't pick it up. You decided to enter the house when you got a text from her.

Meet me at the back yard  :)

You sighed and walked to the back yard with Jaejoong beside you. There weren't many people there just some couples making out and stuff. You saw Hyeyeon sitting on a bench and she waved when she noticed you. The both of you approached her and she jumped up happily then hugged you. "Hyeyeon, this is my brother,  Jaejoong. Jaejoong this is Hyeyeon." You introduced her to him and after some greetings and awkwardness you decided to make them feel comfortable. "Why don't you go to take some drinks ha? Bring me some too. I'll be waiting here." You said and pushed them. They nodded and went inside the huge house. 

You sighed and sat on the bench Hyeyeon was sitting earlier. You didn't like being alone but that suddenly changed when you saw Seungyeon approaching you then sitting next to you. "I didn't know you were here too." You said while looking at the grass.

 Seungyeon stared at you. You didn't dare to look at him. He looked sad, no. Disappointed. "Seungyeon, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." You apologised still looking on the ground. You knew what this was all about. You knew that he felt sad because he liked you and you used to like him too. You both knew that. But this had changed like days ago. It's not like you found no interest in him anymore. It's just that there was someone else who made you feel like you were his. Even though you weren't dating. Actually, you didn't even know what sort of relationship you and Yibo had. It was so confusing. 

Seungyeon smiled widely but sadly. You still thought that his smile was one of the prettiest things you've ever seen. "There's no reason for you to apologise. It's totally normal. Besides, it was my fault. If I had confessed to you earlier nothing like that would happen." He replied and gazed around. You bit your lip. No matter how simple his words were, you still felt like everything it was your fault. ""Now tell me something,  Jaehee-ah, do you like him?" He was now staring at you again. 

"I...don't know. This is was I think, but I didn't do anything to prove myself wrong. I mean...I'm really confused lately." You replied honestly and put your head in between your hands. "I'm sorry for this." He said and you turned to look at him confused. "For wh-" You were about to say but he locked his lips with yours cutting you off. Your eyes widened and you pulled away quickly. "Why did y-"

"I think you do know now." Seungyeon smiled and stood up. "Go to him, Jaehee-ah." He said and after he put his hands in his pockets he walked away. You touched your lips. You could still feel his lips on yours. But he was right. You knew now. If he hadn't kissed you, you would have never realised that you liked Yibo. And only him and unfortunately, you couldn't thank Seungyeon properly. 

 You stood up immediately and started running back home. You had no car and the house was 20 minutes away! For some reason, you wanted to go as fast as you could! You couldn't wait till you officially confess to him and hug him and spend the rest of summer with him. With all those thoughts you didn't realise how fast you reached the apartment. You took the elevator earning some time to calm down since you could barely breathe. 

When you got out you saw two suitcases waiting outside of the apartment. Your eyes widened confused. Why were those things there? You opened the door with shaking hands and searched Yibo with your eyes while taking off your shoes. "Yibo?" You called loudly and went to the living room and kitchen. He wasn't there. You walked down the corridor to his room and knocked on the door. "Yibo?" You waited for a response and you opened the door when you heard him telling you to come in.

You saw Yibo reaching for the higher shelves of his desk then putting some books in a suitcase he had opened.  "Hey. Why are you here? I didn't expect you to come back so early." He stated and avoided your gaze.

"What is that? Are you throwing away those books?" You asked even you knew he wasn't just throwing his books. His room was half empty. He put the books down and approached you but you stepped back scared. "I'm sorry, Jaehee-ah i-"

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving? Weren't you going to say good bye? Would you leave me just like that?" You bombarded him with questions and tried to hold back the tears which were begging to escape your eyes sooner or later. 

"I can't handle good byes. Besides, I'll be back in a week or so. It's just that something came up." 

"Liar. You wouldn't pack everything you own if you returned in a week or so. And no matter how hard good byes may be you must try your best and face them. Otherwise they hurt more."

"I couldn't live with the thought of me leaving you."

"So you decided to run away. Forget I ever existed, right?"

"Jaehee, I love you. You know that right?"

"If you love me then do me a favor."

"What favor?"

"Give me a week. Just seven days. Stay here for a week and I'll be the happiest person."

"Why?"

"Cause I love you too."