Part 1

Summer Vacation

"I can't believe it's finally over!" Your best friend, Choa cheered and threw her arms up in the air. You were walking beside her all the way down the school's main corridor that led to the main exit. "Not only that but we only have just one year until we finally graduate and get the hell out of this place!" She stated even more excited. "By the way, what are you going to do during summer? Are you going somewhere with your parents or something?"

"I don't know yet. They haven't announced something. But I don't think so. And that's good cause I will be alone at home all day long!" You said and your eyes widened at the thought of lying on the bed all day until they got home from work. That was your dream holidays and you promised to yourself to make them true this summer.

 ***

"Jae Hee, we have to tell you something." Your mother said in a serious but happy tone. You gulped scared of what she had to say. You glanced at your dad who was looking at your mother with expressionless eyes. Your mother would always be the one who would talk about the important things that happened in the family. And that made you realise that it was indeed important. 

You nodded and waited for her to continue. "You do know that the company in which me and your father are working is really strict. And I'm afraid we won't be able to get any week off work. But that doesn't mean you won't go on holidays." She said, emphasising the last sentence. Your eyes widened. Did that mean you would stay home alone?

"So me and your father decided to let you stay with your brother in Seoul for while. He has holidays from university too so he said he doesn't mind if you stay there with him for a month or so. And guess what? We already signed you up to that summer school that helps you be ready for the next school year!" She said excited and smiled widely at you as she waited for your reaction.

You, on the other hand, were disgusted. Not because you would live with your brother for more than a month, but because they signed you up to a summer school without even asking your permission. Did they really think that going to a summer school was holidays? "But mum! Summer school? Wasn't I suppose to rest this summer so I can be ready for my last school year?  This is going to be very tiring and I'll fail if I don't rest!" You said almost yelled as you still couldn't believe her words. 

Your mother was deadly serious now. Which meant that her opinion would never change even if you run away. You sighed deeply and went to your bedroom skipping lunch. You closed the door behind you and laid on your bed looking at the ceiling. Was it a nightmare or just your mum not caring about you? Maybe a nightmare would be less cruel.

***

"Are you really going to a summer school?" Choa asked through the phone after you explained everything to her. You were packing your things as your mum had informed you they would drive to Seoul the same afternoon. "Do your ever listen to me when I speak?" You asked sarcastically and sighed. "I really don't want to go. I couldn't care less about my parents or my brother or whatever, I just want to be left alone." 

"Well at least you'll go to Seoul!" Choa cheered through her phone and you were about to reply to her but you heard your mother calling you from downstairs. "Choa, I have to go I'll call you later. " You said and ended the call then went downstairs after taking your bag and everything you needed. "Hurry! We need to go." She said and frowned slightly. You put your bag in the car then went in as well still angry at your parents.

The car started moving after a while and you glued your eyes outside the window avoiding your mother's worried glances. You heard her sighing then you plugged your earphones to your phone and welcomed the music. You closed your eyes falling asleep after some seconds.

***

"Jae Hee...wake up!" You heard a male young voice calling you. You opened your eyes slowly coming across your brother. Your eyes widened to the sight of him. You hadn't seen him for months. "Jaejoong!" You cheered and hugged him then realised you were still in the car. You gazed around and your parents were nowhere to be found. "Where are they?" You asked and got out of the car realising Jaejoong was taller than the last time you saw him. 

"They just got inside. Come on." He said and dragged you locking the car behind you. You followed him to the entrance of a huge building then you both got inside. Your parents were waiting for the elevator with your bags in their hands. Suddenly,  a loud bell sounded making you jump scared and earning a small giggle from Jaejoong. The elevator was obviously here.

"Okay, we won't come with you. Jaehee, please behave yourself. We have explained everything to Jaejoong so don't try to trick him. We'll call tomorrow. Have fun and be careful." Your mother said and kissed your cheek. The next second you and Jaejoong were in the elevator with your bags. "So..." You were going to start a conversation but Jaejoong cut you off. 

"Listen. Before we get inside I want to tell you about my roommate. He's a transferred student from China so he's not speaking very good korean. But that's not the point. I don't fully trust him so I'm giving you my bed and I'll sleep on the couch. Please. Like please! Try not to look like a nerd in front of him. I don't want the whole university to know that my sister is a nerd." He said and got out of the elevator when it stopped. You sighed. Jaejoong was always like this around his friends so you were used to it. "Arasseo. I won't let you down." You said and smiled then stopped when he stopped in front of an apartment door. He unlocked it and let you in.

The apartment was pretty big for two people. Especially for university students. You noticed it was really clean for Jaejoong and that surprised you the most. Your eyes widened when you came across a wall that was just glass. It was the first you would notice when you open the door. "Wow this is huge!" You mumbled to yourself and were ready to explore the whole apartment but Jaejoong pulled your shoulder. "No. Whatever you're thinking it's a no. I'll show you my room and the bathroom and you won't get around Yibo's feet arachi?" Jaejoong said while frowning and led you to his room.

The room was pretty cool with a double bed and white sheets. It looked very comfortable. Besides that, the walls were covered with many Polaroid pictures and you recognised Jaejoong's hobby. It was a plain, cute apartment that described your brother a lot. "Okay so you can sleep here. You can put your clothes in the closet there's some space and also the bathroom is exactly next to your door. And do not enter the door at the other side of the corridor. Don't even enter it out of curiosity." He said and sighed. "I'm going to cook something for dinner. Be quiet." He said and left closing the door behind him.

You decided to put your clothes in the closet when you felt like visiting the bathroom besides he didn't tell you not to. You opened the door slowly and walked quietly to the bathroom. You opened the door silently so Jaejoong couldn't here you but thank God the kitchen was down the corridor. You pushed the door when your eyes came across a guy. He was half and he just had a towel around his waist. He was brushing his hair and you just stood there speechless. "I'm so sorry. I-I didn't know t-there was someone in here." You said and bowed. "I'm very sorry." You said again. "Please don't tell my brother, h-he will kill me." You said and got out quickly then closed the door. You stood in front of the door still shocked of what you had witnessed. 

All of a sudden,  the door opened again and the guy looked at you not expecting to see you standing there. Actually you didn't know why you were standing there yourself but that was a different story. "Hm...I'm Yibo. I'm from China. Nice to meet you Jaehee ssi." He said and bowed slightly. You gulped loudly. He could speak great korean and you didn't understand why Jaejoong told you he couldn't. "Nice to meet you too. I-I'm very sorry about earlier. I didn-" You were about to say but Yibo's smile cut you off.

"Don't worry about it. It's not a big deal anyway." He explained when Jaejoong came and saw you two standing pretty close to each other and Yibo was half . "What the hell are you doing? You just met!" He yelled. You and Yibo looked at him confused. "What are you talking about?" You asked still confused. Jaejoong calmed down and took a deep breath. "Yibo we need to talk. Jaehee food is ready. Go wait for us. " He calmly said and dragged Yibo to his room. 

"Listen. Jaehee is my sister. Don't you dare lay a finger on her and I'll rip your head off understood? "

"Jaejoong...I just met her. And what do you expect me to do?"