Chapter 6

The Set Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey guys! If you didn't get to read my note on the foreword, then I'll repeat it here to avoid confusion. I just moved the date of Tao's departure to LA from May to February. So in this story, he went to Cali in Feb. Again, thanks for the subs and hope you like this chapter :)

It was late in the afternoon when Tao and Baekhyun were finally alone. The members were out; some went shopping while some went to the arcade. Suho knew that Baekhyun and Tao needed time to talk, they asked him to stay but he just said that no one would take care of the kids. Both were seated on the couch, the television was , but neither was paying attention to it.

“So Taozi… what did you want to tell me?”

“How about you go first, hyung?” Baekhyun looked at him and nodded. He said the same things he told the other four. How it was supposed to be a secret, how he couldn’t tell it to anyone, that including Kris, and how Chanyeol didn’t love him anymore. Baekhyun saw an unreadable expression on the panda’s face, once he was finished. After what seemed like hours but were only minutes, Tao reacted.

“Wow, both of you are so stupid”

“I knew you would get ma- Wait. What?!” Baekhyun was surprised. Out of everyone he intended to tell this to, he was positive that Tao would react strongly.

“I said you and Chanyeol hyung are stupid and clueless”

“Wha-” Baekhyun tried to answer back, but Tao cut him off “Hyung, did you hear yourself just now?” The questioning look Baekhyun gave Tao was an enough answer for him “Guess not” Tao muttered and continued “From your story, all I heard was ‘me’ or ‘I’. I know you got hurt and still are, but have you ever stopped and wondered how Chanyeol hyung must have felt? I know for a fact that getting cheated on hurts so ing much. To you it wasn’t, but to him it sure as hell must’ve looked like it.”

Bakhyun was hurt, not because he was sad, but because his dongsaeng was right. Tao saw Baekhyun’s expression and thought that maybe what he said was too harsh, but he knew that someone had to knock some sense into his hyung even if it would hurt him in the process.

“T-Taozi… I-I…” Baekhyun looked at Tao with a frown “I didn’t know someone cheated on you”

“What the- Hyung. I said some really wise and the only thing you say is that?”

“No, of course not. Let me finish will you?” Tao raised an eyebrow from the sudden sassiness of Baekhyun and nodded “So yes, you’re right. I may have been a bit selfish- Yah! Don’t look at me like that …okay okay fine. I know I’ve been selfish and I guess just because I knew what was going on, I played the role of the victim. I was so used to him being the first one to apologize that when I was put into a situation where in no way he would say sorry, I didn’t know what to do and just wallowed myself in self-pity.” Tao almost knocked the living daylights out of Baekhyun when he enveloped the older in a bear hug.

“I have one question though, why did you stop talking to Chanyeol hyung?” Why did I? Baekhyun asked himself. “I-I don’t really know. Maybe I was scared that he would reject me so I didn’t even try.” Baekhyun eyed Tao who was in deep thought and suddenly said

“Bingo”

“Huh? Tao what do you mean by ‘bingo’?”

“I hit the nail on the head, didn’t I?” It wasn’t a question; Tao was more of speaking or reassuring himself, rather than Baekhyun.

“I don’t understand you” Baekhyun muttered

“Hyung, what was the reason why you got so sad and mad at Chanyeol hyung?”

“Well it’s because he didn’t let me explain, he didn’t fight for me, and he gave up. In short, he didn’t try.” Tao gave Baekhyun a have-you-figured-it-out-yet look and waited for him to continue and then it clicked

“Oh. Ohhhh.”

“Oh indeed, now do you realize how stupid both of you are?” Baekhyun couldn’t help but nod because , he thought, this idiot panda was right. Baekhyun put both of his hands on Tao’s shoulders and said “Remind me to never doubt you ever again, oh wise panda”

“Thanks, I'm flattered. So, what’re you gonna do now?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter