Ended

Locker 303

 

If you can love the wrong one so much, just imagine how much you can love the right one.

 

23rd August 2015

 

 

The bells on doors of the convenience store jingled and Sehun looked up from his books before looking back down at it again.

 

“Sehun-ah, you can leave now.” The convenience store’s boss told the young boy as he prepared himself to take over his shift.

 

“But it’s only 12pm.” Sehun replied. He just came to work at 10am and his shift doesn’t end till 8pm.

 

“I know. I will still pay you the 10h so just go now.” The older man patted his back encouragingly. Out of so many part-timers that he had hired, Sehun worked the most and is the most reponsible one. Not only does he keep track of the stocks for him, he would also make sure everything was spick and span. He knew that the boy was working hard to earn that few extra bucks to feed and clothe his grandmother properly while he struggled with his schoolwork and CCA. Or he would not have given him special permission to study when there are no customers.

 

“It’s not like that..” Sehun showed no signs of leaving. “I cannot take the money since I’ve not done any.”

 

The old man smiled and patted his back hardly once again “You are one honest kid, aren’t you.”

 

“But…” He looked at him seriously, “Just go.”

 

“Or I will fire you.”

 

“Nowwwww.”

 

Sehun looked at the old man with his rounded eyes and nodded his head obediently. He began packing his bag quickly and ran out of the convenience store before he could really fire him. Before the doors of the convenience store was closed, he heard his loud voice.

 

“It’s a Saturday! Go on a date young man!”

 

-

 

Aleyah stood outside the entrance of the Lotte World with 2 tickets in her hand. Her hem of her dress was crumpled from the way she was holding it so tightly. Deep in her heart, she really wanted to Sehun to appear for one last time. This was what she had told herself after the conversation she had with the boy by the fountain. He told him not to look for happiness at the same place she lost it and it made her feel stupid for holding on to Chanyeol for so long. What a terrible mistake it was to give her heart to someone who was not willing to hold it. He was right afterall but she was still learning to let the past be the past. She knows it was not healthy to hold on to something or someone that was no longer actively part of her life. Her memory can only hold so much value before it needs to be let go. It was a form of shedding her skin in an effort to allow herself to move on and not live inside her memories. It was not easy but she wanted to try so for today, she wanted to let herself be stupid for one last time then she would officially let Chanyeol go.

 

Glancing at her watch, the minute hand on her watch struck 2pm but the boy she was anticipating was still nowhere in sight. Instead, Chanyeol and Hana appeared before her.

 

“Oh you’re alone.” Chanyeol initiated the first conversation between them. “Is Sehun on the way? We can go and get the tickets first.”

 

“He is….” Aleyah looked at the boy before her. There was just something about Chanyeol that kept her coming back to him. “On his way.”

 

“Oh okay. Then shall we go in first?” Hana asked them excitedly and Aleyah nodded her head, following the couple into the theme park. Chanyeol and Hana were excited about all the rides and wanted to try all of them. Aleyah did not mind any so she just tagged along, hoping Sehun would appear soon. She sat alone behind the couple, watching them hold hands, ruffling each other’s hair and stealing kisses on each other’s cheeks. It was something that she used to do to him, but now, it no longer belong to her.

 

After the 5th ride, Chanyeol and Hana turned to Aleyah suddenly.

 

“Sehun is still not here yet?” Chanyeol asked her but she just looked away, unsure of how to reply.

 

“Why is he so late? Do you want to give him a call?” Hana added and Aleyah could not reply either. She did not have his number and there was no way she could contact him. Maybe, she should not have even allowed herself to indulge in her memories for the last time afterall.

 

Taking a deep breath, Aleyah looked up at Chanyeol. “Actually, Sehun is not…”

 

“I’m sorry, I’m late.”

 

The trio turned at the owner of the voice. Sehun bowed slightly with his usual cold expression before meeting eyes with Aleyah. He could see her eyes twinkling with gratitude, hope and surprise and he could even see his own reflection through his eyes. For the first time, there was a slight lift at the corner of his lips.
 

“Why are you so late bro? We had already finished 5 rides!” Chanyeol punched his shoulders playfully but Sehun simply just apologized again. If it wasn’t for his boss who reminded him to go on a date, he would have forgotten about the letter that Aleyah dropped in his locker. He knew for sure that he would definitely not be going so he bought some food for his grandmother before he headed home. However, on the bus ride, scenes of how Chanyeol shamed Aleyah and how she was trying hard not to cry simply bugged him. Then, he recalled the contents of her letter and he decided to help her for the last time. When he finally reached there, it was already 2.45pm. He did not see them at the entrance so he bought a ticket to search for them. After a 15 minutes of search in the huge theme park, he finally found them at the roller-coaster queue.

 

“Just nice then! We are going for the roller-coaster! It’s going to be so romantic when you got your boyfriend holding your hand! Right Yeol?” Hana chirped as they continued to queue for the ride. They were surrounded by couples who were busy holding hands, taking selca and comforting their scared partners. As compared to those loving couple, Sehun and Aleyah stood a distance apart from one another and none of them talked.

 

“Why are you guys so shy around one another. Don’t tell me.. you guys haven’t hold hands yet?” Hana turned around and noticed their awkward behaviour.

 

“Ahh.. we don’t really like skinships.” Aleyah lied and Hana believed, deciding not to bother the couple further.

 

When they sat on the roller-coaster with the seat belt fastened, Sehun noticed how tightly Aleyah was gripping on the metal railing. Her hands were also shivering. It was beyond obvious that she was scared. As they ascend up the highest point of the roller coaster slowly, the girl beside him shut her eyes tightly and bit her lower lips.

 

“Uhm.” Aleyah opened her eyes slightly at the sound coming from the boy beside her and she saw how he offered her hand to her. She looked at him with rounded eyes but the boy simply peeled off her right hand from the metal railings and put it in his. Before she could make any comments, she felt herself descending rapidly and everything was in a whirl afterwards. It was as though her soul had flown out of the roller-coaster because she could not stop trembling, and she did not remember about how Sehun and her did not like skinships; their hands were still interlinked.

 

“Shall we go for dinner then?” Hana asked the group after they had left the theme park and Chanyeol agreed. Sehun simply shrugged his shoulders and looked over to the girl who was still in daze. He shook their hands lightly and Aleyah snapped out of her daze.

 

“Ahh.. I think it’s okay. We’ll pass.” Aleyah declined politely. She had troubled Sehun enough and she did not want to trouble him further.

 

“Okay then. We should do this again someday. It’s really fun. Right?” Hana looked at Chanyeol lovingly and he pinched her nose lightly.

 

Aleyah looked at Chanyeol. She liked him first but it did not matter anymore. She still like him but that did not matter either. She knew that it was the time for her to leave, she should just walk away quietly and not make any fuss.

 

“I don’t think we should double again.” Aleyah spoke in a soft but clear voice. Everyone turned to look at the girl, including Sehun, shocked to hear that coming from her. He knew it must have taken her quite a lot of courage to do that and instinctively and unknowingly, he held her hands tighter in his. “I think it would be better for Chanyeol and I to go our own ways.”

 

“Since we have our own happiness now.”

 

With that she gave them a bow and Sehun too, bowed and they walked away, leaving the shocked couple behind. Chanyeol looked at Aleyah unbelievably for quite some time till their backview disappeared among the crowds in the city.

 

After walking for a distance, Aleyah came to a stop. He turned around to Sehun and said. “He said that we can be friends but I think he meant that we can be the kind of strangers that share silent memories and a passing smile every once in a while.”

 

“I’ve thought it through already. This would be the final and last time. I won’t be seeing him anymore.” Aleyah smiled at Sehun kindly and looked at their intertwined hands. “Thank you for your help Sehun-ssi.”

 

Before Sehun could a response, he heard his name being called and right when he turned around, he saw a familiar looking old lady, her eyes glinting with happiness.

 

“Halmoni?”


It's been so long since I wrote this fic. Pardon me if its bad but let me try to get the feelings back. I will try to speed things up a bit! 

Don't forget to appreciate our humble and honest Sehunnie!

Enjoy!