Past

Locker 303

 

I stopped talking to you because I thought you would miss me. But in the end, I’m the one who is missing you more than ever.

 

17th July 2015

 

Aleyah stepped out of the shower and slipped on her Dolce & Gabbana bedroom slippers before walking over to her vanity. She sat in front of the mirror and her eyes caught sight of the small polaroid picture that was jutting out from her diary. Carefully, she pulled it out and ran her fingers over the guy’s face gently. In the picture, Chanyeol was kissing her on her cheeks and she was beaming into the camera with a blissful smile. It was her favourite picture of them and she could not bear to throw them away even though he no longer loves her.

 

Chanyeol was her first boyfriend, her first love, the person she lost her first kiss to and the first to many more. She would never forget how they first started talking at her father’s charity ball. They had seen each other a few times in formal events but they never got the chance to talk. However, when their fathers introduced them to one another that day, the boy’s goofy grin and happy virus spreaded onto her right away. On that very day, Chanyeol and her shared their first dance together. With every dance step, they walked into each other’s heart, falling in love deeply.

 

After the ball, they started dating and within a month, they became a couple officially. During their the time that they were together, Chanyeol wanted to run for the school president and she supported him entirely, helping him go around the school to ask for votes. The amount of work they had to do tire them out but with each other’s support, they fought hard and he won the elections, officially becoming the guy who won the heart of one of the 4 treasures.

 

However, after their first anniversary, things began to change and maybe that was what it hurts the most because a year ago, he had her wrapped around his finger, whispering meaningless, “I love you” and capturing her lips with his. But she found out, he was doing the exact same thing but to the new girl who got all of his attention.

 

That moment, she swore she wanted to hate him. She wanted to hate him for not fighting for her, for telling her that he didn’t love her anymore. She wanted to hate him for not giving her the chance she deserves and for telling her that her that he would work hard for them, and then not try at all.

 

She swore she wanted to hate him, but she is not this kind of person. She is just a foolish girl who loves her and probably will always love him. She didn’t hate him for leaving, she hated herself for losing him. She didn’t know if it was that hard for Chanyeol to love her or was it that easy to leave her, so she hated herself for being not good enough for him. She also hated herself for always being the one who loves more so even when he asked her to stay as friends after the breakup, she agreed.

 

Because even if Chanyeol ignores her and, does nothing, she still likes him and misses him.

 

“Aleyah?” A knock on her door pulled the girl back to reality and she quickly hid the photo in her journal. She did not want her parents to know that she was not over Chanyeol, she did not want her the relationship the parents shared with his parents to turn ugly.

 

“Come in.”

 

“Dinner’s ready sweetie.” A golden haired lady with similar features as Aleyah stood outside the door.

 

“What did you cook for dinner today Mom?” Aleyah stood up from her seat and went over to the lady to hold her hand as they walked down towards the living room together.

 

“Your favourite.” Mrs Lee pinched her daughter’s nose lovingly, having her father to be looking at them in jealousy. “What about me?”

 

“I got your favourite wine dear.” Mrs Lee placed the cup of red wine in front of her husband and they exchange a chaste, sweet kiss.

 

Breaking away from the kiss, Mr Lee smiled lovingly at his wife before looking at the food before him. A smile spread across his face immediately. Even though they hired personal chefs in their house that was in charge of their meals, his wife had always made it a point to prepare their dinner personally. And he also makes an effort to return home early everyday. “Thanks dear. You’re the best.”

 

Aleyah stared at her loving parents and that moment she realized, she did not need much and wanted very little. A kind word, sincerity, kisses, sheltering arms, a cozy bed, and to love and be loved in return. Just like her parents.

 

“Aleyah.” Mr Lee called his daughter, “I bought you something.”

 

“Congrats on your performance.”

 

Mr Lee pulled out a bouquet of sunflowers from underneath the dining table and gave it to her daughter.

 

“And where’s mine?” Mrs Lee husband as she settled down in between her daughter and husband.

 

“Roses are in the room. Wine too. We can…”

 

“Dad!” Aleyah interrupted her father before he could go any further. “I’m still here alright. Keep some things to yourself please.”

 

The Lee family laughed heartily as they shared with one another their day. From Aleyah’s performance at the founders’ day to Mr Lee’s new contract and Mrs Lee’s grocery shopping. They found joy over that short time they spent together.

 

When dinner was over, Aleyah offered to play the piano for them. Mr and Mrs Lee sat on the leather sofa behind their daughter, leaning in each other’s embrace with a proud grin on their faces.

 

“She looks so much like you dear.” Mr Lee told his wife softly as he admired her daughter’s beauty like a proud father, “Those long eyelashes and brown eyes.”

 

“She got your black hair.” Mrs Lee reminded her husband, “And your fair skin.”

 

“But her personality is exactly like me.”

 

“Yeah. Stubborn but lovable.” Mrs Lee teased.

 

“But you love me like that.”

 

“Yes, I do.”

 

“And I love our daughter too.”

 

-

 

Right when Aleyah stepped into class the next morning, she caught sight of her best friend waving at her excitedly.

 

“Aleyah Aleyah! Have you heard?” Amber held her arms excitedly.

 

“Heard about?” Aleyah asked her innocently as she placed her bag down.

 

Rolling her eyes, Amber couldn’t believe that her best friend knew nothing about the news. It was spreading like a wild fire in the school and she swore, she was probably the only person who didn’t know. “Seriously Aleyah, all you care about is piano!”

 

“But what else is there for me to care about?” She blinked her eyes at her, confused at what her best friend was trying to say.

 

Before Amber could tell her about the news, their homeroom teacher came in and the class fell into silence right away.

 

“Alright kids, as all of you know. Our sibling school Victor High is undergoing renovation. Their students would be studying at our school for the time being and each class will have one new student.”

 

“But our class is lucky to have 2.”

 

“You guys can come in now.”

 

The silent class once again was filled with low murmurs. Girls stared at the 2 figures before them with their jaws hanging, while guys eyed them closely, unhappy that there are someone who was more good looking at them.

 

“Please introduce yourselves.”

 

“Hello everyone. I’m Luhan! Nice to meet all of you!” The shorter boy bowed and waved to the class excitedly. His doe eyes scanning the class till it landed on the right side of the window.

 

“Hello everyone. I’m Sehun.” Compared to the friendly greetings that Luhan gave, the taller boy’s introduction seemed cold and indifferent.

 

“Alright then, you guys can sit anywhere you like.” Their homeroom teacher told them and the two boys walked to the seats they liked.

 

Sehun walked right to the back of the class and settled himself down on the empty seat nearest to the window. The girls in the class sigh in disappointment when they saw him staring out of the window, not paying attention to them at al. Remembering that they had 2 transfer students, they turned their heads forward again, pinning their hopes on the only one left.

 

With his eyes fixed on that certain spot, Luhan walked towards the right side of the class and planted himself behind a girl. The moment he sat down, he tapped on her shoulders excitedly.

 

“Hello. I’m Luhan. You’re Aleyah right? One of the 4 treasures?”

 

Right when the girl turned around, she couldn’t believe a guy could actually be this good looking. His twinkling doe eyes was looking right at her, and she found herself smiling back at him right away. He feels so friendly that she just couldn’t resist not making friends with him. Nodding her head, she chuckled at her adorableness.

 

“Yes, I’m Aleyah. The pianist of Victorian High.”


I'm surprised to receive so much comment for this newly started fic! Usually I would only get like 2 or 3 when for the first few chaps so thank you so much guys!

And a thing to note, Sehun and Luhan are of the same age here. More clarification of age would be done in the further chapters when the characters are out!

Some of the readers might have realized I replaced the cast. L who used to be Aleyah's ex bf had became Chanyeol. JR was replaced by Sehun. 

Enjoy!