Chapter 3

Seraphic Divinity [Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

The walk through the castle as the morning light came in through the glass windows was rather enjoyable. It was better than last night when it was dark and creepy, not being able to see where he was going the entire time. 

Jeonghan was so curious about everything they passed. He wanted to explore the castle on his own and not have Jisoo pull him around, but he didn't necessarily mind.

Things just looked so cool, like the things on the walls like candles and different paintings. He wanted to look at them and just spend some time to himself, alone, where he could wander around the castle without people bothering him. But it was Jisoo who was currently giving him attention, so Jeonghan would happily go with it. He would have plenty of time to explore the castle later, since apparently, that was his new home.

Jeonghan turned his head and looked forward as they entered a big room that had two large couches around a small table, there were tall windows that were covered with curtains and other assorted furniture like side tables, cabinets, mirrors, dressers, and the like. Paintings hung on the wall like in the hallway, and there was a extraordinary looking candle chandelier hanging above.

Jeonghan didn't notice the three people sitting and waiting for he and Jisoo however, until he heard slightly familiar voices. Jeonghan turned his head and looked, seeing three different faces. He knew who they were, he had seen them before when he was at the other castle.

Jeonghan stared at the main male who stood up from his seat with a smile when he saw them. Slightly scared, Jeonghan his behind Jisoo, but it wasn't effective since he was slightly taller than him. Only by an inch or so, but still.

"Ah, Jisoo! I see that you and Jeonghan have bonded already." Seungcheol said with a grin as he watched them come over, seeing that they were holding hands.

Jisoo beamed at Seungcheol and nodded before glancing back at Jeonghan, who was still trying to hide behind him.

"I think he likes me." Jisoo happily stated, giving Jeonghan's hand a gentle squeeze. "He's scared right now though."

Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan and smiled lightly.

"Maybe he's afraid of me? I was the first one he saw at the auction, so I don't blame him."

After Seungcheol spoke, the two boys on the couch couldn't contain their excitement anymore. They had been trying their hardest to stay seated and quiet, but seeing Jeonghan made them unable to control themselves.

"Hi Jeonghan!" Hansol stood from the couch and waved rapidly, grinning at Jeonghan happily.

When Hansol stood, Jihoon sighed and stood up as well, reaching out to grab Hansol's arm.

"Calm down! You don't want to scare him more." Jihoon lightly scolded before turning his head to look at Jeonghan for himself. He smiled and waved as well, happy to see him.

Jeonghan peeked out from behind Jisoo when he heard Hansol's voice. Hansol and the shorter one, Jihoon, were there with Seungcheol. Why? That was nice though that they were saying hi to him. Jeonghan smiled shyly before waving back, causing Hansol and Jihoon to both audibly gasp.

"He waved!" Hansol exclaimed as he looked at Jihoon excitedly.

Jeonghan smiled more at Hansol and Jihoon. He had to admit, they were both really sweet. Jeonghan felt Jisoo let go of his hand as he walked over to Seungcheol to talk. Not being dragged around anymore, Jeonghan was able to walk around freely. With a small smile, Jeonghan shyly walked over to Hansol and Jihoon.

"How do you like your new home?" Jihoon asked as he leaned forward excitedly, looking at Jeonghan with curiosity. "Isn't it nice?"

"Yeah man, Jisoo has one of the nicest castles around here." Hansol grinned and put his arm around Jihoon's shoulders. "It must be awesome living here."

Jeonghan nodded in response, a small smile painted on his lips as he listened to Jihoon and Hansol. It was a really nice castle, from the parts that he had seen. He still wanted to explore a bit more though.

"Have you looked around any?" Hansol asked, and Jeonghan was surprised by the question. He shook his head, watching as Hansol then trotted over to Jisoo.

"Can we show Jeonghan around?" Hansol asked, smiling brightly.

Jisoo looked at Hansol after he ran over, slightly surprised by him at first. He smiled however, nodding.

"Sure, but be careful. Jeonghan is weak right now. Just keep an eye on him."

Hansol laughed before snorting.

"I'm strong, I can take care of him." playfully, Hansol shot a smirk Jihoon's way. "That little fairy though."

Jihoon's face nearly became bright red after hearing Hansol. He growled and stomped his foot, crossing his arms in front of his chest dramatically.

"Hey, you Hansol! I know I'm short but I can kill you!" Jihoon snapped, sulking afterward.

An audible gasp sounded in the room.

"Jihoon!" it was Seungcheol. "Watch your language! Apologize to Hansol."

Jihoon frowned and glared towards Seungcheol before muttering a near silent apology under his breath, rolling his eyes.

Hansol wasn't offended by any of it, just finding the entire situation to be hilarious. He was cracking the hell up. After laughing, Hansol strolled back over to Jihoon and Jeonghan, grabbing both of their hands.

"Come on guys." Hansol said happily, starting to pull Jeonghan and Jihoon from the room.

Jeonghan followed along as quickly as he could, Hansol walking rather fast. He could see that Hansol was excited, and Jihoon was still sulking after being called little.

"Hansol, you don't know where you're going, do you?" Jihoon finally spoke up, raising an eyebrow at his friend.

Hansol looked back at Jihoon and scoffed.

"Of course I know where I'm going! Jisoo's castle is easy to navigate."

"But with you leading us, we'll get lost." Jihoon said with a loud sigh.

"What, you think I'm stupid?"

"Yes."

Jeonghan couldn't help but smile as he heard the two friends go back and forth with their arguing. It was really funny, he had to admit. They were both so strange, it intrigued him. Jeonghan found Jihoon and Hansol to be interesting.

"Do you like the castle?" Hansol asked as he turned his head to look at Jeonghan with a big, pearly white grin.

Jeonghan nodded in response.

The trip around the castle was nice, but Jeonghan had collapsed as they were about halfway down one of the hallways upstairs. Luckily, Hansol was a fast runner and managed to get Seungcheol and Jisoo before they helped carry him to his room.

"The hunters really beat him," Seungcheol said as he looked over Jeonghan.

Jeonghan watched Seungcheol warily as he examined him. He stayed still, making a face when his face was grabbed and turned to the side.

"He's pale and hot, I'm guessing he has a fever from the way he's shaking."

Shaking? Jeonghan didn't know that he was shaking. He blinked, looking from Seungcheol to Jisoo, pouting slightly.

"I think he's tired." Jisoo admitted as he looked around at everyone, giving them all a sheepish smile.

Taking the hint, Seungcheol nodded before glancing to Hansol and Jihoon.

"Hansol, Jihoon. It's time to go."

Jeonghan smiled slightly at hearing Hansol loudly groan in protest.

"Seungcheol. Why can't we stay with Jeonghan longer?" he whined.

Rolling his eyes after laughing, Seungcheol put his arm around Hansol's shoulders.

"You can see him again soon, okay?"

"Fine." Hansol pouted.

Jeonghan watched as Jihoon playfully punched Hansol's arm before the three of them turned to start leaving after Seungcheol bowed and said his goodbyes. When he saw Hansol and Jihoon wave to him, Jeonghan hesitated before waving back.

"I'm sorry I'm not taking very good care of you." Jisoo apologized quietly as he focused on a bowl that he was stirring something in.

Jeonghan didn't think that Jisoo was doing a bad job. He was pretty nice and treated him well. They just met anyway, so Jeonghan wasn't judging.

Jeonghan's eyes

Please log in to read the full chapter