Chapter 2

Seraphic Divinity [Hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jeonghan had fallen asleep during the trip to Jisoo's home, his body being curled up on the cold metal cage floor. He had been so stressed out about everything, from being captured and injured to then meeting a bunch of people, and then moving again just when he was starting to get used to his past surroundings.

Jeonghan was honestly so confused, he didn't know what was going on. As he slowly began waking up, he couldn't see anything, the room he was in being nearly pitch black. Jeonghan slowly sat up and reached out to grab the bar of his cage. It was so dark in the room, where was he?

Eventually, his eyes began to adjust to the darkness and he was able to make out a window and a door. Looking out the window, he could see the starry night sky and it was rather calming. He smiled and scooted closer toward the window, going as close as he could without leaving his cage. 

On nights like these, he'd be out flying. He loved flying, it was one of the ways he often relaxed. To feel the wind and breeze flowing through your hair as you flew up high enough to dance with the stars was Jeonghan's favorite thing to do.

Jeonghan's smile began to fade when he heard footsteps heading towards the room. Jeonghan moved back as he stared in the direction of the door, waiting to see who would show up. With a quiet creak, the door opened. Even while looking, Jeonghan couldn't tell who it was, since it was so dark in the room. When the lights above lit up with fire, Jeonghan had to squint as the darkness quickly left.

Jeonghan moved his arm over his eyes as he squinted, trying to get used to the light so that he could see. When it got easier to keep his eyes open, Jeonghan looked up to see the boy from earlier, the one with the beautiful eyes. Jeonghan watched as he made his way over, crouching down when he was near the cage.

"Hi, you're finally awake." the boy said, and his voice sounded so cheerful and sweet. "I know you've probably been through a lot the past couple of days, I bet you're tired."

Jeonghan averted his eyes, shyly looking down at the floor. He couldn't find the strength to look in his eyes. They were so pretty, he was afraid that he'd get lost in them and be unable to look away.

"I'm Jisoo." the boy introduced himself, slowly putting his hand through the bars of the cage.

Jeonghan looked at his hand before raising an eyebrow, his eyes moving to his face. He didn't know what Jisoo wanted by putting his hand in, so he didn't move.

Jisoo quietly laughed and moved his hand back, seeing that Jeonghan wasn't going to shake hands.

"So your name is Jeonghan?" Jisoo asked, a smile playing his lips cutely. He tilted his head to the side, and Jeonghan could feel his eyes on him.

Jeonghan hesitated for a moment before nodding. Jeonghan was his name, yes. Didn't everyone already establish that? When Jisoo moved, Jeonghan's eyes darted over to him to see what he was doing. It looked like he was opening the cage. Jeonghan scooted back, not wanting to get out. Jisoo happened to see this.

"Oh, do you not want to come out?" Jisoo asked, and Jeonghan would be lying if he didn't notice the disappointment in the tone of Jisoo's voice.

Jeonghan avoided Jisoo's gaze, looking down to play with his fingers anxiously. He could still feel Jisoo staring at him, and he was feeling a little awkward. Jeonghan glanced up to confirm that Jisoo was still staring. Yep, definitely staring.

"Isn't it uncomfortable in there?" Jisoo asked, frowning a tiny bit. "And your clothes are filthy. Don't you want to wear something clean?"

Jeonghan bit his lip and looked down at himself. His clothes were pretty dirty and gross, he had to admit. They hadn't been gross for a long time though. It was all those stupid hunter's faults, chasing him through the forest and then attacking him so violently. 

Before meeting them, his clothes had been clean and comfortable. Now, they were stained from dirt and his blood, ripped up from plants cutting him and from falling. He wasn't a very pleasant sight.

Slowly, Jeonghan looked back over at Jisoo. He was right. The cage was small and cramped, and he was really dirty. His wings hurt, but his whole body hurt if he was being honest.

"Oh? Are you wanting to come out?" Jisoo asked, his eyes big with surprise.

Jeonghan took a deep breath before slowly nodding. He was afraid to leave the cage, since it had served as his safety barrier for the entire time he had been captured, but he was definitely ready to get out.

Jeonghan could see how happy and excited he had just made Jisoo and it made him feel happy, too. He saw the big smile on Jisoo's face as he finished opening the cage door all the way. Jeonghan felt slightly scared to leave the cage however, and he had a feeling Jisoo could tell.

"Here, take my hand. I'll help you." Jisoo said as he held out his hand.

Jeonghan looked at his hand again and hesitantly reached out, taking it in his own. Jisoo had bigger hands than him, Jeonghan had noticed. His hands fit perfectly in Jisoo's as he helped him out of the cage.

When he was finally out, Jeonghan watched as Jisoo stood, his hand being offered once more to help him stand as well. Jeonghan took his hand and stood. He would've tried standing by himself at first, but his legs felt really weak from his ordeal with the hunters, all scraped up and bloody.

After standing, Jeonghan winced and hunched over slightly, alarming Jisoo.

"What's wrong?" Jisoo quickly asked as he reached out to grab Jeonghan, not wanting him to fall.

Jeonghan held onto Jisoo's arm as he slumped to the floor, in pain. Jisoo knelt down and held onto Jeonghan, scared and not sure what was hurting Jeonghan.

"I'll untie your wings, maybe that will make you feel better?" Jisoo nervously said as he moved behind Jeonghan, looking at his tied up and bloody wings.

In the cage, he hadn't been able to get a good and close up view of Jeonghan's wings, but now that he could, he was now seeing the damage that the hunters had given him. Jisoo began untying, and eventually was able to remove the rope that held his wings so tightly.

When the rope untangled from his wings, Jeonghan weakly moved them, stretching them out as far as they could stretch without making him double over in pain. With a grunt, Jeonghan folded his wings behind him, squeezing his eyes shut tightly. They were really hurting.

Jisoo didn't know what to do and even without looking at him, Jeonghan could tell that he was worried. Jeonghan was starting to feel faint, the pain overwhelming him horribly. He reached out to steady himself on the floor, blinking a few times as he became dizzy.

"No, try to stay awake." Jeonghan heard Jisoo say as he stood, moving to his front.

Jeonghan felt both of his hands being taken before he was lightly pulled up. Jeonghan stood obediently, putting an arm around Jisoo's shoulders as he leaned against him for support, too weak to stand on his own.

"Come with me." Jisoo whispered as he held onto Jeonghan, leading him from the candlelit room out into the hallway.

Jeonghan limped down the hall as he held onto Jisoo to prevent himself from falling, soft whimpers escaping his slightly parted lips. His eyes were open, but he was struggling with the strong temptation to close them. He didn't know where Jisoo was taking him, but he didn't even care at that point. If he wasn't feeling so weak, he would be a bit more stubborn with where he was taken, but Jisoo seemed nice so he was trusting him.

The walk through the castle felt like a blur as Jisoo led him into a large room with high ceilings and long curtains covering tall windows. He spaced out a bit and the next thing he noticed was softness underneath his body, Jisoo helping pick him up, setting him onto a bed. 

Jeonghan turned to lay on his stomach, face contorting with pain. He could hear the sounds of Jisoo running off before he was being touched again. It all seemed so surreal and weird, things were moving in slow motion and one moment, Jisoo was next to him and the next, he was gone. 

Jeonghan could feel his eyes fluttering to stay open, and when they fully closed, Jisoo splashed some water onto his face to snap him out of it. Jeonghan turned his head when he felt his shirt being taken off. He made a face and squirmed slightly, not knowing what Jisoo was doing. He didn't want his shirt off, he wanted to keep it on. Jeonghan whined lightly, making it awfully hard for Jisoo to take his clothes off.

"Please hold still, I'm trying to help you." Jisoo said, voice calm and worried sounding at the same time.

Jeonghan sighed heavily and stopped struggling, laying still. He felt Jisoo tugging at his shirt, unable to get it from his wings.

"I'm gonna have to cut this, alright?" Jisoo asked, and his voice went in one ear and out the other for Jeonghan, his mind swimming in and out of consciousness.

Jeonghan's vision went black for what felt like a few seconds but it must've been for a few minutes because when he opened his eyes again, he wasn't on the bed anymore. Instead, he was laying on a tile floor, completely as water ran down his body.

Jeonghan curled up, trying to hide his body as Jisoo cleaned him, starting to become aware of what was happening unlike before when he got out of the cage and passed out on the bed.

"Hey, you're awake." Jisoo gave a smile but quickly held Jeonghan down when he tried to get up. "Let me finish washing you,  okay? Just relax."

Jeonghan stared up at Jisoo with slight confusion, moving to sit on his . He looked down at himself, fully realizing that he was quite and exposed to Jisoo. His hand slowly moved to cover himself as his cheeks turned red. He instantly looked away from Jisoo, who didn't seem to notice his sudden shyness.

"Here, then around. I'll clean your wings." Jisoo said, and his voice sent shivers down Jeonghan's spine at how gentle and sweet he sounded.

Jeonghan obeyed without a second thought, turning around so his back was facing Jisoo. It felt a lot better with his back against Jisoo, he didn't feel all awkward. Well, he still felt pretty weird about the whole thing but it was lessened since he wasn't looking at Jisoo anymore.

Jeonghan tensed up when his wing was touched. He wasn't used to people touching his wings, and especially not when they were injured.

"They hurt you pretty badly, didn't they?"

Jeonghan turned his head when he heard Jisoo's voice, his long, wet hair sliding and covering his face like a veil. Unable to see Jisoo because of his hair blocking his vision, Jeonghan moved his head down, trying to focus on the water running down his skin instead of Jisoo feeling his wings.

Jeonghan looked up however, when a small bubble floated by, having caught his attention. He watched as it floated to the wall and then popped, disappearing in an instant. He had never seen a bubble before. 

Curious, Jeonghan tucked the loose strand of hair behind his ear before he glanced back, seeing bubbles all over his wings as Jisoo washed them. They were grey bubbles, probably from all the dirt and blood that had collected in his feathers. 

Jeonghan moved his head forward again and closed his eyes. It was actually kind of relaxing as Jisoo cleaned his wings. His body wasn't tense anymore, he had noticed, and Jisoo was being rather gentle with him. Jeonghan appreciated how caring Jisoo was.

As Jisoo began rinsing the soap from his wings, Jeonghan opened his eyes and looked back, seeing that his previously dirty wings were now white as snow. It had been a long time since they were that white and beautiful.

"Can you stand?" Jisoo asked as he stood up straighter, holding out his hand for Jeonghan to take. "You're all clean now. How do you feel?"

Jeonghan turned and looked up at Jisoo before reaching up to take a light grasp of his hand, pulling himself to his feet. He was a bit unsteady on his legs, but the sickness he had felt before was now gone. He wasn't sure why he got so sick, but Jeonghan was glad that it seemed to pass.

Jeonghan was surprised when he suddenly felt Jisoo drying him off with a towel, rubbing it over his arms at first before his chest. Jeonghan watched Jisoo as he continued to dry him off, wiping his stomach dry and then going a bit lower. He was surprised, Jisoo wasn't even batting an eye. Jeonghan sure felt strange having another boy drying himself off. Jeonghan's eyes followed Jisoo as he went behind him, drying his back off and other parts, before his legs were then wiped.

"All dry!" Jisoo cheered as he stood fully, hanging the towel back up before Jeonghan noticed that he was being pulled from the bathroom and back into the room with the bed.

When he was seated on the bed, Jeonghan's wings shyly began moving, wrapping around his body lightly as he hid his body from Jisoo. Jeonghan peeked out from behind his feathers, seeing Jisoo holding a few folded clothes.

"I didn't know that you were going to be an angel when I was getting things ready for you, so your clothes don't have holes for your wings, but I can cut out some holes on a few shirts." Jisoo admitted with a sheepish laugh as he turned, holding up a long black shirt.

Jeonghan could see Jisoo now laughing after he saw him hiding behind his wings.

"I'll let you get dressed." Jisoo said as he walked over to the bed. He set down the black shirt and a pair of loose fitting harem pants next to Jeonghan before smiling.

Jeonghan slowly moved his wings from around himself, looking down at the clothes that Jisoo had picked out for him. After glancing up at Jisoo, Jeonghan picked up the pants, examining them as Jisoo grabbed the shirt, turning it over and cutting out two holes for Jeonghan's wings with his knife.

Jeonghan stood and put the pants on before looking at Jisoo, seeing what he did with the shirt. The holes looked big enough for his wings.

"Raise your arms for a second." Jisoo asked, smiling.

When he saw Jisoo's smile, Jeonghan couldn't refuse. He raised his arms and closed his eyes, feeling Jisoo slip the shirt on over his upper body. It felt weird at first until Jisoo went around and fixed it so his wings came out of the holes he had cut in the shirt. Once his wings were all situated, Jeonghan felt a lot better.

"You look great!" Jisoo exclaimed, grinning. "Do you like your clothes?"

Jeonghan looked down at himself when he was asked if he liked his clothes. He smiled lightly and nodded, his eyes moving back up to Jisoo's. It was almost a bad idea to look in Jisoo's eyes because they were so sparkly and gorgeous, breathtaking, really. Jeonghan found himself beginning to gaze until he forced himself to look away.

"Are you hungry?" Jisoo asked, reaching out to brush a strand of hair out of Jeonghan's face with a smile.

Jeonghan felt his cheeks blush as his hair was moved. His eyes met Jisoo's and he shook his head, even though he was actually starving. Jeonghan took a small step back, away from Jisoo as he looked away once more.

"Do you want to go to sleep? It's late." Jisoo said as he pointed to the bed.

As soon as he pointed to the bed, Jeonghan hurried over, sitting down.

Please log in to read the full chapter