Community

Sanctuary of the Cursed

While Youngjae wasn't sure if he could trust his new family, he didn't really have a choice. Here he was enrolling in high school when he  was already done with school a while ago. He was told that one; he needed to be introduced as a younger age so years from now his face won't be so questionable, two;he needed join the town as a community member sooner or later. While he would've preferred to just stay in the mansion without going to town, "everyone needed to play their part."

"I'm happy I get a new hyung from home at school," Zelo said excited as they finished Youngjae's paperwork at the school office.

"Normally most people would dred that," Youngjae said deadpan.

"Don't worry hyung, school will be fun."

In the hallway, Youngjae got a lot of attention as the new student. He was used to being low key as a hunter that all this attention slightly very pissed him off.

"What are they are staring at? Is a new student something to gawk at?!" He muttered under his breath.

"oh... Youngjae-hyung. You probably don't know but, vampires has pheromones to attract humans..so.."

"Oh... Great."

Youngjae's eyes were then caught by someone walking in the hallway.

"Hey, how old is Daehyun?"

"He's 17 and a senior like you."

a senior huh? And if I end up in his class how will that turn out for me. Youngjae rolled his eyes. 

"And how old are you?"

"I'm 15."

Youngjae looked at Zelo in disbelief. How was that possible? Aside from his height,he did look young. But was he a pure blood?

"I thought vampires stop aging?"

"Oh yeah, you don't know. Therevampires can expand their population. One is to have pure bloods bite a human and have that human close enough to death. The second is for a vampire and human to have children together. I am the second category. Vampires can mate but the probability of conceiving is 70% less whether they are pure blooded or not. Vampires, conceived or turned, only stop aging once they have ."

"..."

"So whenever you want to stop aging go sleep with someone, because even if you keep aging, I doubt you want to live forever with an elderly face. As for me, I'm going to wait till I grow up a bit more."

You're already tall, can you grow any taller?

Youngjae felt he like he was learning so much about vampires. He thought he was an expert on them as a hunter, but he realized that he didn't know a lot at all. The Society was also uninformed of all this info.

"Well, here's your class. I'll see you later," Zelo left to go to his own.

Youngjae peaked into the classroom and saw what he didn't want to but expected. There Daehyun was at the window seat. 

Youngjae reluctantly went in and sat at the farthest seat away from Daehyun he could. 

Everyone was also looking at him with sparkly eyes, yet didn't talk to him. What. Was it shyness? Or does vampire make them smitten but docile?

"The teacher's here!" A classmate said as the students rushed into their seats.

As the teacher walked in, Youngjae's heart dropped. It was Himchan.

Youngjae couldn't help but feel like his initial instincts were right. Nothing is worse than having people from home go to the same school.