Life Turned Upside Down

Sanctuary of the Cursed

Everyday was mostly the same. Sleep during the day to hunt during the night. After a hunt, prep for the next day before sleeping. It was a dangerous job that required skill, hard work, and a bit of luck. The Society, an organization dedicated to getting rid of the supernatural that threaten human kind, was a wide spread. The location Youngjae was sent to is heavily vampire infested.

Among the other hunters sent, were Youngjae's childhood friends. The trio balanced each other out. Youngjae was intelligent. Jr cared for their health and safety. JB decided the calls and was the best fighter.

"Just the usual death call waiting for us," JB said sternly.

"Even so, if The Society needs us here, it's to  take this territory from the bloodsuckers," Youngjae responded. 

"We saw them even as we entered. Doesn't The Society expect to much this time. A team of 10 to take on this while city?" Jr was uncomfortable with the situation.

"They'll send back up soon. As the front line, we just need to scout and fight the first battles to tilt things in our favor," Youngjae responded.

That's how it was suppose turn out.

One of the other scout was tailed to where the hunter rested. There wasn't suppose to be an ambush on the hunters. 5 of the hunter weren't suppose to die. Youngjae wasn't suppose to become a vampire.

-----

He held his bitten neck after slashing the vampire off him. The vampire was wounded but managed to escape. Yougjae was wide eyed and scan the area. JB was still fighting but ... Jr saw him get bitten.

Its fine though. As long as it's not a pure loos that bit him. They continued to fight killing off two or three of the vampires that invaded. JB then called the retreat. 

"Are you okay, Youngjae?" Jr asked while they were running through the dark forest. 

"Yeah, I'll be fine," Youngjae said hoping the other hunters didn't hear. JB heard but didn't say anything.

Youngjae's options ran through his mind. While he didn't want to betray JB and Jr, he knew he couldn't return to headquarters. He wasn't 100% sure that want a pure blood that bit him. It also meant The Society would be unsure as well. They would lock him up, and if he did turn, he'd be over. He wasn't sure enough to risk it even if he might not turn. He was loyal to The Society, all three of them were. But given how much he's done for The Society, he felt he should at least be given the chance to live so when he found the chance to run from his allies, he took it.

Who knew the darkness and night would become his friend. He was scared witless. What would happen to him, what he would become. He felt guilt, running from his friends, being bitten. He had regrets, not realizing sooner, not being prepared for the ambush. He was also sweating hard. It's not easy to run after losing a lot of blood. He kept running anyways. He wanted to live. His adrenalin was rushing.

He ran all night until he was in the next town over. A 12 mile run. He felt like he would end up dieing of blood lost and exhaustion. The sun was rising as he dragged his feet. From a distance he saw mansion. Was this death or salvation. Either way, he really will die if doesn't get any help. He headed towards it, feeling strangely more cranky as he got closer.

Through the trees he saw that themansion was ungated.when he finally got to the open area he saw someone sitting on a stump with their backs turned towards him.

"hey..." Youngjae urged out. 

The boy turned around swiftly alarmed.

"I-I mean no harm. I just need help," Youngjae tried to calm him

The boy stared at him a while.

"You're...a vampire?"