Home

Sanctuary of the Cursed

Youngjae woke up in an unknown room. The last thing he remembered was passing out. Right now he was starving as hell and needed blood so bad. 

"Here," he heard a voice. It was Zelo who was standing in the doorway with a bag of blood.

Youngjae flung from the bed and drank it right on the floor.

After he finished the bag, he realized his behavior was like an animal.

"I... I'm sorry I.."

"it's okay," Zelo reassured him. "It's your first time feeding. That's human blood that we snuck out of a hospital near by. Some of our people work there. Human blood is served at home once a week, while animal blood the rest of the days. We can feed on humans outside of home so long as the human leaves unharmed and our existence remain secret. I'll teach you how to later."

"thanks," Youngjae said as he the blood off his face.

Zelo help him up and showed him around the mansion while going over the rules. They started with the busiest area, the dining room.

"Here is the home of vampires, werewolves, witches and other nonhuman species that wish to live without fighting or killing. You are the newest family member we've had in over five years. The rules are simple. Secrecy is a given. We all live in the community in the town as doctors, students, workers, and so forth. The humans there don't know of our true identities. That's because we're all unitied in trying to live peacefully with humans. 

Not killing humans is a given. Vampires controll their drinking and werewolves control their strength.

The only other rule that is strict is to listen to the heads."

Zelo pointed toward a man , "that is the werewolf alpha, J-Hyuk. He is also Yongguk's uncle."

'The buff shirtless people. Figures. Youngjae then saw Yongguk look in his direction. Youngjae turned around and noted, not to mention intimidating.

"that," he pointed to a different person, "is the head of the witches. Her name is Zhongshan.    Her son my best friend, the boy over there."

He looks a bit dazed out, Youngjae thought to himself.

Zelo then stoped and turned towards Youngjae. He put his hands on Youngjae's shoulders and said, "As for the vampire head, you've already met him. Himchan."

Youngjae gulped. The vampire that had him by the throat.

"All the vampire follow the orders of all the heads, but the person who decides the specific rules and punishment of vampires if him."

They then headed upstairs. Youngjae could feel the trail of eyes behind him. While it may have been unintentional on Zelo's part, the tour of the house doubled up as his introduction to its tenants.

"This is meeting room where the heads and other adults talk. We can use this room whenever it's free."

They then passed by the library. Inside, Youngjae saw him reading a book by a window on the library's higher level.

"And him?" Youngjae said.

Zelo turned around and looked in the direction Youngjae was looking in.

"That's Daehyun, the only human living here. His orders are absolute. Even the heads obey him."

"And drinking his blood means death." Himchan said.

Youngjae's heart leaped out of his body. He appeared out of nowhere, almost as if he was watching him, guarding Daehyun from him. Himchan was looking at him with cold emotionless eyes as if he weren't even a person. He was scary.

"Himchan-hyung," Zelo said.

"Did you already inform him that?" Himchan asked coldly.

"No, but-"

"Do your job properly if you want him to keep living. I don't make exceptions even to those who are new to the rules."

"Yes hyung..."

As they left the library, Youngjae saw that Daehyun wasn't looking in his book anymore but was looking in their direction. His face was as expressionless as before.

They then returned Youngjae's room. 

"Sorry, Himchan's just being extra careful," Zelo apologized.

"I guess I'm not the only one that has to adapt to some changes," Youngjae said as he unconsciously rubbed his throat. "if it's alright, can I have sometime to think by myself."

"Alright! If you need anything, I'll be in the room right across from yours," Zelo said as he left.

Youngjae sat down overwhelmed by everything.

He then went over everything he's learned. 

A secret society of supernaturals that The Society has no clue about. But how? This town was within The Society's protection. 

And they lived with the humans as if they were no different? Youngjae had a hard time believing it was true.

And one human lives in this monster filled place.

Youngjae guess it would be best to stay away from Daehyun with Himchan always by his side.

Was Zelo also sent to watch him? Youngjae was feeling paranoid.

"Ha," Youngjae scoffed to himself. It was understandable he rationalized. "After all, I am a monster too."