Five

Lee Seunghoon's First Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

As usual, Yeonhee was once again went out of her class, last. Her professor had just asked her to do something again. She is obviously her professor's favorite.

Arriving outside her department building, Yeonhee furrowed her brows in confusion. She glanced at her watch and it says 4:00pm, at a time like this there won't be any students around, only a few, but to her surprise, many are still walking around the campus, especially girls.

They were giggling and happily walking towards the school theater.

 

"Did I miss something?" She asked herself. Shrugging it off, Yeonhee continue on her way, the event clearly wasn't from her department. If it was, she should have known.

 

 

Suddenly, she felt a cold breeze hit her face

 

"Great, " she muttered with sarcasm. It was getting darker and cloudy, indicating that a rain will about to arrive.

Ignoring the strike of thunder, Yeonhee still continue along her way out, hugging her pink bag under her blazer. On the spur of the moment, the rain started pouring which made her run to the nearest shelter inside the campus.

 

Yeonhee cursed under her breath. "Stupid rain, " she said as she arrived at the shelter.

 

Sitting on the bench provided, she waited for the rain to stop.

 

 

*****

 

 

With all his might, Seunghoon ran as fast as he could towards the shelter, he just saw a while ago.

He saw her.

It was her.

It was Yeonhee under the shelter.

Seunghoon heart started beating fast at the thought of her, he doesn't know what got into him, but he definitely won't be letting go of this moment to see her again.

 

 

He arrived a few meters away from the shelter beside the campus gate.

 

There was a girl underneath the shelter, she wasn't alone though. She's with a guy.

Seunghoon felt his heart tighten.

But quickly loosened when the girl turned around. It's not Yeonhee. Luckily, it's not her.

 

Seunghoon shut his eyes for his stupidity as he could feel the rain drenching his whole body even more.

 

He let out a low groan in frustration, So this is how it feels huh?

 

  A while ago, as their van entered the campus. He saw a girl under the shelter beside the campus gate and thought it was Yeonhee.

 

He will finally see her again, he assumed.

But, it's not her. Luckily though, it's not her.

 

  False hope.

 

 

  The signs he felt and saw awhile ago are all false hope.

 

The rain. The shelter. The time. The cold air. Their music. Everything around that reminded him of her.

The others were right, when they said that all he gave to Yeonhee was nothing but false hope. 

 

Taehyun was definitely right when he called him a jerk.

 

And, Jinwoo was right, First love never dies.

 

And Kim Yeonhee is his first love.

 

*****

 

  Humming a song, Yeonhee suddenly heard footsteps coming her way, she looked up and saw a guy running towards the school theater

 

She blinked at him when the guy halted in the middle of the street and ran towards the shelter. She looked away instantly.

 

Yeonhee bit her lips. Don't look. Don't look, she said to herself as she stops herself from glancing at the guy that is sitting a few meters away from her.

 

She was so curious as to god knows why.

 

She then heard the guy groaned. She looked at him. The guy had his hands covering his face.

 

Unlike her, the guy is drenched.

 

  Feeling her heart softened, Yeonhee took out some tissue from her pink bag. She hesitantly scooted closer.  

 

"H-here" she awkwardly said. The guy didn't move. Yeonhee prodded him by the arm. He finally looked up.

 

Yeonhee eyes widen in shock.

 

 

 

 

  Bewildered from what he just saw. Seunghoon stared back at her in disbelief.

 

He knew this time that it's really her.

 

It was Kim Yeonhee.

 

 

The girl that had run towards his school despite of the heavy rain. The beautiful girl who confessed her feelings to him. The first girl that gave him a chocolate. The girl that he had promised to come back.

 

The girl he gave false hope.

The girl he had fallen in love.

The girl he considered as he's first love. 

 

Yeonhee quickly pulled back her hand to her and turned her head.

 

No one dares to talk.

 

As both of them kept their silence, letting everything sink in.

 

Out of all many days and time, why do we have to meet again at time like this? They asked.

Everything reminds them the first time they met. 

 

    "You still haven't changed" Seunghoon blurted out, successfully getting her attention. Yeonhee turned her attention to him, her cheeks instantly turned pink.

 

 

A smile crept on Seunghoon's lips.

 

"You're still beautiful, " he complimented.

"You're..still handsome" Yeonhee replied, giving back a smile.

"How, how have you been?" Seunghoon hesitantly asked.

 

Yeonhee bit her lips. "You see—," She looked at him.

 

 

"I've missed you" Seunghoon suddenly confessed. "So much, " he added. "I mean no," he suddenly denied, making Yeonhee confused.

 

  "I've been missing you since the day I left. I'm sorry if I broke my promise. I'm sorry if I made you wait for me. I'm sorry if all I gave to you was false hope. But believe me, I really like you. I like you so much back then and even now. I don't know what got into me, but one day, I just realized that, I'm scared at the thought of not being with you. I know its been 5 years since I left, but believe me. I do, I really do, I like
Please log in to read the full chapter