4, New Beginnings

Four, You

The wind blew her black locks back as she rose her bike to school. Following behind Eunyoung was her younger kid brother, Youngjae. His sister was biking way too fast for him to keep up, so he gave up.

"Yah hurry up, we're going to be late," she rushed after noticing her brother's decreasing speed on his sky blue cruiser. It was her old bike, and his only method of transportation until he saved up enough money to buy another.

Youngjae groaned at his sister's nagging. She had been like this all morning and he was getting sick of it. Her bike was new -- kinda, their dad bought it second hand from the neighborhood drunk -- but it was still better than his rust trap of a bike. 

"We're only late because you insisted on making a morning delivery for dad!" He reminded her. As they were almost out the door this morning, Eunyoung picked up a call for an early delivery of their tailored clothes and being the good person she was, she just had to run it so her dad would have an extra twenty minutes of sleep.  

"Oh shut it and bike faster Youngjae," she spit back. She couldn't come up with a response. They were late because of her. But at least it was for good reason. Her dad came home from work late last night, why should he have to wake up early too?

"Aish," he groaned again as he it up and put the peddle to the metal. 

Fifteen minutes and a gallon worth of Youngjae's sweat later, the two siblings finally passed through the golden gates of Empire High, the school they would be attending for the next for year. To their surprise, they weren't late; in fact, they were actually five minutes early.

Although she didn't express it, Eunyoung felt like a peasant walking through a castle. She didn't belong here, but yet here she was, standing in front of a school many dream of but only few attend. 

"Well what are you waiting for? Go in," it was now Youngjae's time to nag. Eunyoung rolled her eyes. 

"I'm waiting for Nana. She said she wanted to meet up. Stay here and wait for her with me," she instructed. 

"Nana goes here? Huh, I didn't think school was her forte. How does she have time for school along with murdering cute forest animals?" Youngjae spewed with sarcasm, earning him another eye roll from Eunyoung. 

"Ha ha real funny. You only ever met her twice, don't judge a book by it's cover, didn't dad teach you that?" 

"Oh her cover's pretty. She's hot. It's the fact that I opened the book that I judge her. Girl's rougher than your legs when you don't shave, Noona," 

"YAH!" 

"OW!" Youngjae winced after his shoulder came in contact with Eunyoung's rock hard fist. 

"You deserved it." She stuck her tongue out at her brother. "You don't see me talking bad of your friends."

"Oh please just yesterday you made fun of Bambam's accent-" 

"Shh, I see Nana." She said, pushig Youngjae to the side.

Approaching them was Eunyoung's oldest and closest friend, Im Naeun, or Nana as most called her. She was what you would call, a inverse loaf of bread. Soft, pretty, and feminine on the outside, but a rock hard badass on the inside. 

The two had been friends since their early years, since their moms were close college friends. Eunyoung was the only person who wasn't scared of Nana, and Nana was the abrasive side to Eunyoung. Together, their mix of fire and ice made for the perfect friendship. While Eunyoung was the guarded North Pole, Nana was the outspoken South Pole. 

Even though they attended -- used to attend different schools -- or lived in different places, the two still kept closeAnd now that Eunyoung was official a student at Empire High, Nana finally had someone she could actually stand 

"Eunyoung, you're here," Nana greeted, coming up beside Eunyoung. She reached her hand over, giving Youngjae's hair a ruffle. "You too squirt. Hey did you get taller?" Nana asked, making Youngjae scrunched his face. It was an underlying understanding that one's best friend and one's brother are suppose to despise each other. 

"Aish you're only three years older than me, who you calling squirt?" The freshman retorted. 

"Nice seeing you again too squirt," she ruffled his head once again, right after he'd just fixed it. "Now scram, unless you want to follow us as I show your sister around school," she said, grabbing Youngjae by the shoulder and turning him in the direction of the entry doors.

"Don't have to tell me twice," Youngjae replied with both hands up, as he began to walk away from his sister and Nana. Once he disappeared into the building, Nana turned to face Eunyoung.

"When you said you were going to be transferring to this school, I didn't know that squirt was tagging along. How did you guys afford it?" She said matter of factly, knowing that it would be no offense to Eunyoung.   

"It's a long story," Eunyoung said with a sigh. "First, help me find the front office so I can pick up my schedule. I'm not even indoors yet and I can already tell this school's a maze." She beckoned. 

Nana nodded, smoothing out a stray piece of wind-blown hair a top Eunyoung's head as best friends do. She still held curiosity to her question, but she wasn't one to hassle people for answers since she knew how much it annoyed her when people did it to her. 

She waited for Eunyoung to chain up the bikes to the metal rack and then the two friends headed into the building. Eunyoung pulled on the straps of her backpack, bracing herself for the stares she knew she would received being "the new girl." 

\\\

And damn was she right about the stares. For her first three classes of the day, all Eunyoung saw when she looked up was another pair of eyes glaring at her questionably. Whether it be a girl with a noticeable nose job or a boy wearing douchebag shades indoors, they probably weren't used to seeing scholarship kids like her. 

Empire High rarely handed out scholarships and even when they did, those students rarely lasted. This was how it managed to maintain it's exclusiveness. 

Students here -- excluding herself and her little brother -- had a bank account or a trust fund backing them up. They were kids born with opportunities and privileges lined up for them, something that Eunyoung's family wasn't blessed with.  

This very blessing is why Eunyoung appreciated Nana as a friend. She was born with opportunities, with a supermodel mother and a surgeon father, yes -- but she never took any of it for granted. She often denied most of the privileges handed to her on a silver platter and chose to work for them instead. 

Even though her parents would gladly put money into an account for her, Nana would rather work and put her own money into an account. One of these jobs included working part time at the Porridge Palace along side Eunyoung. 

The two enjoyed working there, it was fun working together and the tips paid well. 

Lunch rolled around, and Eunyoung found herself sitting alone at a table, keeping her eyes open for her brother and Nana. On her food tray was a simple home packed lunch, since hell would have to freeze over before she paid ten dollars for one school lunch. She got weird stares when she pulled out her home made (and delicious) kimbap rolls, but she couldn't care less. She was the one eating it, not them. 

"Hey you made your signature kimbap rolls yum," Nana's voice said from behind her. She lifted a foot over the bench to sit beside Eunyoung on the wooden table. She snatched half a roll and stuffed it into , not minding the loud whispers of students around them. She couldn't hear them completely, but she was sure it went something along the lines of: 

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe she's friends with the scholarship girl."

"I can't believe the has friends."

Or,

"Loser Dee and Loser Dum are besties. Awes."  

After all, that's what she's been hearing all day. It took a lot of self control for her not to get up and punched the whispering girls in their bad nose jobs, but she managed to restrain herself. One more fight and she would be kicked out of school, which meant her parents would have to donate another wing to the school for her to be cleared. She wanted to save them the hassle and cash.

"So how's Empire High treating you?" 

"The teachers are nice, the students... not so much." 

"That's this school for you. They keep the campus super pretty, nice and cleaned up to make up for the fact that their students are the devil's orange juice themselves." Nana noted. 

"You're a student."

"I never said I wasn't the devil's orange juice. You're just able to put up with my Vitamin C poison, Euneun." She joked, patting Eunyoung's head, the two of them chuckling. 

Their chuckled died down when the atmosphere of the cafeteria went from a loud rumble to a dull whisper. It was like they were anticipating something -- which even though Eunyoung didn't know -- they were. Walking side by side by side by side through the glass double doors were the kings of Empire High, the guys girls wanted and boys wanted to be, the top of the top: F4.

Four boys with the world in their palms and diamonds adorning their fingers. Just to prove their superiorness and friendship, they even had matching Audi Lotus sports cars that trademarked the title F4.

On the far right, dressed in a leather jacket and sleek Givenchy sneakers was Choi Seungcheol, the un-proclaimed bad . His smug face screamed 'punch me and spend a week in the hospital for it.' Around school, everyone refers to him as S.coups, since the last time someone called him Seungcheol, they spent a week in the hospital.

"Wow Nana, when you look at him, it must be like looking in a mirror."

"As bad as I am, it doesn't even draw close to how bad he is. Word on the street is that his father runs a gang ring underground. But then again, words are just words until they become a caption."

"Oh wow. What does his mom do?"

"Oh she's a filthy rich accountant."

"Account and Mafia leader, what a power couple." 

"That's what I'm saying." 

Next to S.Coups was Chwe Hansol,  or Vernon Chwe english-wise. He was known as the hot hybrid of the four, with an American mother and Korean father -- both dirt rich. With long hair and a charming smile, he never failed to steal girls heart. 

This added to the fact that he was the biggest play boy of the four. He went through more girls a week than a women's bathroom at gas station. 

"And him?" Eunyoung asked. 

"That's Hanso- Vernon. Hansol- Vernon. I don't know what to call him really, from what I can tell, he changes his name preference every week. Kinda like how he changes his preference of girls."

"So he's a player?"

"Yeah, if you're stupid enough to get caught in his game."

"Would you play a few rounds with him?"

"Oh please Eunyoung. We both know he's far from my type."

"Interesting. Who's the douchebag looking guy next to him?" 

She was pointing at the un-named leader of the group: Lee Seokmin. Appearance wise he was perfect, with sunken in cheekbones, tall frame, and eye-melting smile, but personality wise -- well, girls didn't care about his personality. As long as they could fawn over his face, his personality didn't matter.

"He's the icing on their expensive douchebag cake. You probably know his family -- in fact, everyone knows their family. Empire Industries ring a bell?" 

"Wait- he owns this school?" She asked, going into deeper thought. This meant that his father was the one that granted admission to the school. 

"No his dad owns the school. He, acts like he owns the school." Nana corrected. "In retrospect though, the way these girls kneel at his feet, he might as well own it."

"Is this word on the street?"

"No, I was lab partners with him sophomore year. Guy's a flaming . The guy next to him though, he's the only one of them I can actually stand," Nana gestured to the last one of the four. When Eunyoung turned to look, she realized that he needed no introduction. She knew him.  

His jet black hair, soft brown eyes, and genuine smile, she couldn't forget him even if she tried.

"That's-" Nana started. 

"Kim Minggyu." Eunyoung finished.

"You know him?"

Eunyoung nodded, eyes still on the guy dressed in white. 

And to her surprise, Minggyu's eyes caught sight of her. "Eunyoung?"

Minggyu's voice disrupted their signature strut through the cafeteria, making the other three break their sharp gaze to stare at who Minggyu's attention was on.

"Choi Eunyoung?" Minggyu said again, shocked to see the girl again. 

Eunyoung wasn't sure what to say as she watched him come close to the table. But as he came, his friends followed, which made Nana's face turn sour. The last thing the rebel wanted was a confrontation with the wicked witches of the upper-west side. 

As he followed in pursuit behind Seokmin, a small grin appeared on Vernon's face when he spotted the girl sitting next to Minggyu's object of interest. It was the same girl he saw, shop lifting at the department store. Interesting, he thought.

"Choi Eunyoung? What are you doing here? The last time I saw you, you were still working at the Chicken Restaurant in Gyeonggi-do." He said astonished as he reached his arms out to hug her over the lunch table.

Eunyoung giggled sheepishly, giving him a quick hug. Yeah, that was the last time she saw him. Before he left their hometown without saying a word. Seeing him now, dressed in luxury brands, she could only conclude that his father's hotel business hit it big after their move to Seoul. 

"Yeah haha, we actually moved a couple months after you guys."

"Wow, small world." Minggyu mused. "Oh- uh meet my friends," he said, finally realizing three guy who stood behind him. "This is Seokmin, Vernon, and S.Coups."

To say that the other three were as warm as Minggyu would be a lie. S.Coups offered up a smug grin/wave, Vernon continued to ponder at Nana, and Seokmin looked completely uninterested in the introduction.  

"This is Choi Eunyoung, my friend from back home."

Eunyoung waved and smiled although it was obvious that the other didn't really care. Well, S.coups smiled and Vernon showed acknowledgement, but the last one seemed bored out of his mind. He let out a yawn, eyes skimming past Eunyoung.

"Come on Minggyu, the lounge is waiting for us," Seokmin nagged.

"Lounge?" Eunyoung questioned under her breath, Nana coming to the rescue.

"It's their own personal lounge outside of school. They, and only them, have permission to leave campus and 'chill' there." She filled her. 

"Ohh."

How... unnecessary

Seokin crossed his arms, eyes beady and impatient towards Minggyu. 

"Minggyu..."

"Oh alright. I have to go, but um, I'll see you later? We should be meet up," 

Oh we really should not.

"Here's my number, call me," he said, taking the privilege of grabbing Eunyoung's phone of the table and entering his number in for her. He set it as 'Peter Pan,' hoping she'd remember their inside joke. Once he was done, he set the phone back down and rejoined with the others. 

"Bye bye," S.Coups said, turning on his heels. Vernon said bye to the both of them, but his eyes stayed on Nana even after Minggyu spun his body in the opposite direction. And to no one's surprise, Seokmin left without a single word, or even eye contact. 

As F4 left the building -- why they came in just to leave in first place still confused Eunyoung -- the noise level returned to normal. It boggled her mind that everyone hear was scared to talk in their presence. It boggled her mind even more to see that Kim Minggyu was one of them.

"So spill it, how do you know the snow bunny?" Nana requested, poking fun at Minggyu's mainly white wardrobe. Even his car matched his clothes. 

"Like he said, we lived in the same hometown."

"Please, I lived in the same hometown as Morgan Freeman and I don't see him making eyes at me like that," she pointed out, referring to her birth place, Los Angeles, California. She was born there, but moved when she was young. 

"He was not making eyes at me." 

"Oh please darling, he was definitely making eyes at me."

"If you want to talk about eyes, let's talk about the ones Vernon was sending you. Yeah, don't think I didn't notice the way he stared you down." 

"He stares every girl down Eunyoung. The key is to not make eye contact," Nana retorted. 

"Oh no darling, he was definitely making eyes for you. And only you." She smartly threw her best friend's words back at her.  

"Stop projecting and spill the beans. Come on Euneun, lunch is over in ten minutes and I believe you have a story for me." 

"Alright fine, fine. I don't know what romance novel plot line you're expecting but, if you must know, we met during the fifth grade, when I first moved."

"And....?"

"We were in the same class and there was a school play coming up. My teacher assigned me as Wendy, and guess who was appointed Peter Pan?"

"Minggyu?" 

"Ding ding ding we have a winner. I was still new to the school so he took the courtesy of showing me around. We practiced after school everyday,"

"Ooooh how intimate."

"Nans, we were ten!" 

"So, intimacy starts young." Nana pointed out. 

"Anyways, we weren't all that close until the night of the play. It was halfway through the first scene when the stage where Wendy, a.k.a, me, was suppose to stand on, broke due to faulty construction."

"Oh ouch," Nana commentated.

"Ouch is right." Eunyoung added, "next thing I know my body's going through the prop stage and I'm about to hit the cold, hard, auditorium stage until..."

\\\

"I caught her in my arms just in time," Minggyu told S.Coups and Vernon the same story of the incident, since they were curious. "That's how I know her. After that we became really close, but then my dad struck hotel gold and we had to move. I never told her about it which is why I was so shocked to see her in our cafeteria." 

He explained, leaned back in the comfort of the red leather couch. 

"Aw, so you were kind of like her night in shining green tights and pointy shoes!" Vernon joked, with his hands pressed against his cheeks. Minggyu extended his left, kicking him in the side. 

S.Coups chuckled at Vernon's pain and then got up from the leather arm chair and over to the fish tank, grabbing the food to feed the fish. Their lounge had everything you could imagine, and more. TVs, drinks, foosball/pool table, etc. If one of them were ever in a fight with their parents, they'd take shelter here. Or a room at one of Minggyu's hotels. Both were dripping in luxury.

"Why are you two so curious about her anyways?" It was Minggyu's turn to pester than with questions. Ever since they left the cafeteria, the two of them had been bothering him about it.

"Because, you made 'the look.' You know what we're talking about," S.Coups said, done feeding the fish and walking over to the fridge to grab a drink.

"Look? What look?" 

"The same look Vernon was giving the hot chick sitting next to Eunyoung."

"Wait I was not giving her a look!" It was Vernon's turn to be baffled and unaware. 

"Oh my bad," S.Coups threw an hand in the arm, "you weren't giving her a look. You were staring at her down." 

"I was not staring her down!"

"Oh but you were," S.Coups said, Minggyu even joining in. 

"Apparently around school -- when I do attend -- they call that girl the Second Me. I don't see it," S.Coups shared, taking a seat next to Minggyu on the couch. 

"No wonder." Vernon said to himself. That explained the shop lifting, she must do it out of fun, since there's no way you can attend Empire and still have to shop lift. Just impossible. Also, S.Coups used to shoplift for pure entertainment.

"So are you going to meet up with her? I bet Vern here would love to tag along and make it a double date." S.Coups joked again, earning him a punch from both Vernon and Minggyu. 

"Tag along where?" Seokmin said, having finally come out of the bathroom. He dried his hands, throwing his towel away and then taking a seat next to Vernon. "You two have a double date?" He asked, only hearing a portion of S.Coups sentence. 

"Not yet. They haven't even asked," said S.Coups.

"Did anyone ever tell you that for a thug, you talk way too much," Minggyu asked, S.Coups shrugging his shoulders. 

"Many. But they didn't live long enough to tell me again, so beware Kim Minggyu," S.Coups said playfully. "And you, how long does it take you to piss? You were in there four like thirty minutes bro," he looked to Seokmin.

"My dad's advisor called me. Apparently I have a meeting to attend this weekend," he answered, emotionless. He wanted nothing more than to ditch it and go to the club, but Mr. Seo's voice sounded like he meant business. And if he missed another meeting, his father threatened to take him out of the will. 

"This is why I love my dad, he stays out of sight and mom's always on the go." S.Coups chimed in.

"That's because most of the time, he's in hiding, Coups." Vernon pointed out.

"Either way, I get the house to myself don't I? Makes room for the ladies~" He grimaced. 

With that, Minggyu got up from the couch. "Speaking of ladies, I promised my mom that I'd pick my sister up from school." He picked up the keys to his Audi off the pool table. "Gotta go, see you later." He said, leaving the lounge. 

"He seems more chipper than usual today." Said Seokmin, taking a sip out of S.Coup's coke can. 

"It's because of that girl he saw at lunch. Apparently they had a magical past together." 

"Magical? How so?"

"He was Peter Pan in a school play and she was Wendy." 

Seokmin rolled his eyes. "Magical? Sounds pathetic to me."

"Everything sounds pathetic to you." Vernon stated. 

"It's not my fault everyone around me is boring," Seokmin said, not seeing fault in his way of thinking. 

"Speaking of being bored, let's go back to school. I have bought essays to turn in," Seokmin said, pulling out a stack of written essays that he had purchased from the school's nerd-herd. 

"You go first, me and Coups will follow after," said Vernon.

"Alright." The leader fetched his keys and headed out for his car. Left alone, Vernon looked at S.Coups. 

"What?"

"That girl that people say looks like you. How much exactly have you heard about her?

S.Coups raised a curious brow at him. 


10 subs just for the foreword? y'all are the best, love ya. this fanfic consist of two main oc characters, so you can choose to put your self in the place of one or the other.If you've seen boys over flowers, it's pretty easy to dechiper whcih character corresponds with which seventeen member. if you have any questions, feel free to ask!!

- love lots, kai