Chapter 2: Minghao's been kidnapped? (1/3)

Bookstore Wars

"Who's that?" Hansol asked pointing to an attractive cat-eyed boy standing in front of the bookstore across the street.

He, Wonwoo, and Soonyoung we're heading to the Shining Diamond Bookstore after school to start their shift. Yesterday after the introductions they watched Seungcheol shout at Chan for reading comics on top of the bookshelves and then decided to wander around the store not really getting any work done their first day.

They were gathered in front of the bookstore about to go in when Hansol noticed the guy across the street.

"What's he doing?" Hansol stared at the guy, he was just standing in front of the store waving and smiling to customers.

"Well from here it looks like he's wearing a nametag so he's probably an employee there." Soonyoung observed putting up a hand to shield the sun out of his eyes.

"They probably put him in front to attract girls to come to their bookstore." Wonwoo said "Why is there even another bookstore close to ours anyway?"

"Ohohoho, that is a good marketing strategy. They probably think they can get more customers than us." Hansol mused while striking his chin thoughtfully "But we have a secret weapon that can attract girls AND boys." He turned around and stared at his friends with a gleam in his eye.

"What is it?" Soonyoung and Wonwoo asked at the same time. 

"Junghan!" Hansol said with a mischievous smile "I bet he can get twice the amount of customers to us then that boy across the street. Don't you admit he's attractive?" 

Soonyoung gave a smile nodding while Wonwoo just sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Whatever Hansol, let's just go inside." Wonwoo said and opened the door.

When the three of them stepped inside they met with an anxious looking Junghan who ran up to them.

"Hey Soonyoung, did Minghao come to your dance class this morning?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Umm.. Ah... I don't think so, it would be weird of him to miss a class though." 

"Crap. Then it must be true." Junghan said and ran off quickly in another direction.

The three boys stared at each other confused.

"What was that about...?" Wonwoo raised an eyebrow and looked at his friends.

"I don't know, man. I don't know." Hansol said adjusting his name tag that he got from Seungcheol yesterday.

"Let's just go, I'm supposed to be helping at the cafe today and-" Soonyoung was about to finish his sentence when he was cut off by the overhead loudspeaker.

"All Shining Diamond Employees report to my office immediately! ASAP!" Seungcheol's voice boomed throughout the store.

"Well it looks like we're going there now." Wonwoo said and the three friends headed to the back of the bookstore.

"Hello new employees!" Chan said with a smile as they walked into the office. 

Seungcheol sat his desk while Seokmin and Chan sat in the chairs in front of the desk. Junghan was standing right beside them.

"MINGHAO'S BEEN KIDNAPPED!" Seungcheol shouted at them and banged his fist on the desk "How could they? I thought this childish war was over?!" He continued looking around at all the employees. 

Wonwoo, Hansol, and Soonyoung just stood there with their mouths gaped.

"K-Kidnapped?" Soonyoung stuttered with wide eyes.

"Why? How? What happened?" Hansol asked curiously.

"Wait, what? Minghao got kidnapped?" Wonwoo furrowed his eyebrows in disbelief at what he heard.

Junghan put his hand on Seungcheol's shoulder.

"Seungcheol, I think you should calm down and explain to the new employees what has happened." He smiled down at Seungcheol.

"Alright." Seungcheol said leaning back in his chair "But it's quite a long story."

Turns out the guy that owned the bookstore across the street was named Lee Jihoon and had been Seungchoel's rival ever since high school.

"It started in 10th grade, when we both liked the same girl..." He said remembering the time "He may look short and cute but his personality is completely the opposite."

They had bickered and fought with each other throughout high school over the girl, each trying to impress her and gain her heart. 

In the end, the girl decided to choose another boy. 

"Jihoon blamed it was my fault and swore that he would have revenge on me up untill this day. I swear he's crazy! Who follows someone for so long just to get back at some stupid fight from several years ago?!" Seungcheol then turned to the side and fished into his bag for something.

"Jihoon ended up opening the bookstore across the street, the Seventeen Bookstore. He's done everything to try to steal our customers and put us out of business. Usually it was just pretty harmless stuff, but he's gone too far with kidnapping Minghao." Junghan explained while Seungcheol was still finishing throughout his bag.

"Got it!" Seungcheol said pulling up a voicemail on his phone "Listen to this." 

He pressed the play button.

"Hello Seungchoel, it's Jihoon." A voice said over the phone.

"We have-" A crash was heard and it sounded like someone had grabbed the phone and was running.

"H-Hello? Hello? Oh, my name's Seungkwan. Sorry about your friend Jihoons been watching too many action movies lately and somehow thought it was a good idea to kidnap your friend." A new man on the phone said in between breaths. Then there was a sound of the door shutting and the man had stopped running.

"I do apologize again, I'm really sorry! I'll try to get him back to you guys as soon as- Wait! Jihoon don't break the supply closet door! We had to repai-" A loud crash was heard and there was some more shuffling on the phone.

"If you want your precious employee back then come as soon as possible." Jihoons voice was heard on the phone again and then the voicemail stopped.

The room was silent.

"W-Well that was scary..." Wonwoo said shaking a little.

"Why don't you just call the police?" Hansol asked.

"Because.." Seungcheol said rising out of his seat "This is a deceleration of WAR!" He slammed his fist on the desk "And we will fight back!"

"Yeah!" Chan shouted pumping his fist in the air.

The three newcomers just stared around in disbelief.

Junghan leaned down towards them.

"I really do apologize about his behavior but he's our boss so I don't really know what to do." He whispered.

Seokmin just smiled at them awkwardly.

"And for this war I have set you up into pairs, the new employees will pair up with the regular employees." Seungcheol said pulling out a sheet of paper and read off of it.

"Seokmin I'll team you up with Soonyoung, Junghan with Wonwoo, and Hansol with Chan. I've already got all the weapons in the storage closet."

"Weapons?" Wonwoo was about ready to run out of here.

"Now everyone stick with your partners and meet in front of the store in 30 minutes. Remember, this is war!" Seungcheol said to them all as Seokmin and Chan stood out of their seats.

"C'mon let's go!" Chan said excitedly as he grabbed Hansol's wrist and dashed out of the office.

Seokmin smiled at Soonyoung who gave an awkward smile back.

"Ready to go?" Junghan asked Wonwoo who was still trying to comprehend the whole situation.

"I-I guess..." Wonwoo muttered asking himself what the absolute happened.

_______________________________________

Thank you for reading another chapter of my story! :)

From now on it will be written with character POV's

also I promise it's still a comedy ahaha

This is the first half of the second chapter since I'm worried it'll be too long.

Please tell me if the chapters are too long ;u;

Subscribe if you want to and I like comments very much :D

adflghkl I have so many cute ideas for the ships but I have to get over this first part first.

Again, thank you for reading!