Chapter 2: Bookshelves and Singing Contests (3/3)

Bookstore Wars

A loud crash was heard from the front of the store.

"What was that?" The tallest man in the room said holding what looked like a small water gun in each hand.

"I think that was our ING FRONT DOOR! Do you know how expensive that is?!" Seungkwan screamed and pointed to a small figure in an oversized black office chair.

"You!"

"Me?" Jihoon said giving an exaggerated gasp "What did I do?"

"You had to kidnap the poor ing kid! Where in the world did you think that was a good idea?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH LEGAL TROUBLE WE CAN BE IN?!?!" Seungkwan's face was starting to turn red because of his screaming.

"Seungkwan." Jisoo placed a hand on the angry boy's shoulder "Chill."

Seungkwan decided he had enough with his stupid coworkers and boss, "I'm going to quit my job once this whole thing is over..." He said through gritted teeth.

"Alright, we're wasting time. Split up through the whole store and scare 'em off." Jihoon said determinedly.

"Got it boss!" Mingyu exclaimed excitedly.

"Yup." Jisoo added.

"Now let's get this party started!" Jihoon said excitedly pulling out a water gun.

Seungkwan let out a sob.

-------------------------------------------------------

Junghan waves his hand, motioning for Wonwoo to follow him.

"Follow me!" He says in a half-whisper, half-shout.

Wonwoo follows him holding his Super Soaker. Junghan liked the new employees, they gave him the feeling that he should mother over them.

"Ooh! The children's section!" He heard a voice behind him say.

He turned around to see Wonwoo dash into an area of the librairy filled with decorative plush toys and My Little Pony posters.

Junghan followed him in and sighed.

Well it's better to have him safe here than be in danger with me.

"Wonwoo." He said approching the grown man who was sitting in a chair way too small for him reading what looked like a Pokemon comic book.

"Yeah?" 

"Stay here and if you see any suspicious people scream as loud as you can." 

Wonwoo looked up at Junghan and raised an eyebrow, "Do you think I can't handle myself?"  

"Ah- nevermind. Just call me if you need help." Junghan said with a smile and walked out of the children's section.

The long haired boy paced around and into the rows of books. He stopped and stared down a certain row. The 'manga' section.

Should I? Or should I not? I mean it's not like anyone's watching me and they're probably not going to come to the conclusion that I was a big weaboo in high school... I'll just take a quick look. Yeah Junghan, just a quick look.

Junghan scanned the titles of the manga with his head tilted sideways. Once he found the book he was looking for he reached out and grabbed the latest volume. It was one of his old favorites, Tokyo Mew Mew.

Minutes passed and he was so immersed in the battle between the Mew Mew girls and a monster, that he didn't notice the footsteps nor the shadow sneaking up behind him.

 "Gotcha!" A voice shouted and someone grabbed Junghan from behind. He let out a shriek and the stranger covered his mouth, "Shut up!".

The Tokyo Mew Mew manga dropped on the floor with a thud. 

"Tokyo Mew Mew... Really?" The other boy gave a judging stare, "One Peice is way better." 

Junghan scoffed and pulled the guys hand off his mouth, "If we're talking about manga that has been dragged on for far too long I'd prefer Prince of Tennis or Bleach. One Peice is overrated."

"Naruto is overrated." 

"I agree." Junghan said with a nod.

"Hey, we both think Naruto is overrated. Let's be friends." The stranger held out a hand to Junghan. Junghan recognized him as the guy that usually stood infront of the bookstore to attract lady customers and the like. To be honest Junghan thought he wasn't bad looking, but not as good looking as Seungcheol or as cute as Minghao.

"Okay, I'm Junghan." 

"Jisoo." 

Junghan shook the others hand, thinking that this situation was unusual but why not make a new friend from the bookstore he was raiding.

"Syke." Jisoo let go of the others hand and squirted Junghan in the face with a red substance.

Junghan scrunched up his face as he felt the liquid slide down his face, he could taste some that got into his mouth.

Ketchup.

Spitting some ketchup on the floor, Junghan aimed his water gun directly at Jisoo's face, "Oh! It's on!"

Jisoo smirked and picked up the fallen manga on the floor, "Squirt me and Tokyo Mew Mew gets it."

Junghan hesitated for a moment then gave his best intimidating face, "You want to play dirty? Then I'll play dirty!" He turned to the shelf where all the One Peice manga was lined up on.

"No. No!" Jisoo shouted while Junghan shoved the volumes off the shelf and soaked them in water. Junghan laughed mischeviously. 

"You're going to die today you motherfreaking piece of poop!" Jisoo growled.

"Motherfreaking piece of poop?! Are you too much of a pu-" Before Junghan could finish his sentence Jisoo had squirted more ketchup into his mouth which caused the longer haired boy to gag and fall to the floor coughing. 

Jisoo shoved him on the ground and climbed over his straddling his sides, "Die today b-b-b..." He had his ketchup gun aimed directly at Junghan but was struggling to get his last word out, "b-b-"

"?" 

"Yeah! That word. Thanks." Jisoo said and squirted more ketchup into the others face.

This ketchup tastes like . At least it's not mustard. That would be ty-

"Thanks for the suggestion." Jisoo then proceeded to pull out another fun filled with a yellow liquid.

", did I say my thoughts out loud." Junghan mumbled, "I'm so ing stupid..."

"And we've got to cleanse that dirty mouth of yours Yoon Junghan.." 

Right when Jisoo was about to squirt the horrible mustard into Junghan's mouth and Junghan was about to accept his death. A strong stream of water hit Jisoo. A bunch of water dripped down and got on Junghan too, but that wasn't that important.

"Yeah!" Wonwoo shouted and ran over to push Jisoo off of Junghan. 

"Wait, how do you know my name?" Junghan asked sitting up.

"Beca- Ahahaha, nevermind!" Jisoo said rubbing the back of his neck, "Oh no. Two against one. This is bad for me ahaha. I gotta go, bye!" Jisoo then dashed off to who knows where.

"What was that about?" Junghan confusingly said.

"Well that wasn't suspicious at all..." Wonwoo commented.

"Thanks for helping me bro." Junghan patted Wonwoo on the shoulder with a smile. 

"You're welcome. I thought I heard someone scream so I came over here." 

Junghan blushed a little a gave a small laugh.

"Anyway, what were you doing in the manga section?" Wonwoo asked seeing the fallen manga all around.

"Uhm... Nothing! Nothing at all." Junghan said grabbing Wonwoo's wrist and leading him out of the section, "Let's go look for the others."

-------------------------------------------------------

"What if in an alternate universe we were famous idols that danced and sung to make our fans happy?" Soonyoung asked his partner whom he was walking down the aisles of books with.

"That would be cool!" Seokmin said, "but what if one day I was a famous singer! Or maybe you were a famous dancer!"

"A famous dancer? Why would you think that?" Soonyoung asked with an uneasy chuckle. He was sure only Wonwoo and Hansol knew about his popularity with dancing.

"Hmm, I don't know. You just seem like the type that would be good." 

"Yeah..." 

They both continued to walk down the row with their soap-filled water guns. Soonyoung was usually considered as the most talkative but truthfully that was around his friends or groups of people. It was kind of awkward with only the two of them. Seokmin suddenly stopped causing Soonyoung to hit his back.

"Is everything alright?" The shorter peeked over Seokmin's shoulder and got a whiff of his scent.

Seokmin smells like maple leaves! And sugar, and chocolate, and freshly baked cookies, and a little like my grandmother... But he smells really good!

"Yeah everything's alright it's just that-" Seokmin stopped talking and listened around for a moment, "It's just that I thought I heard footsteps." He said in a whisper.

They stood there in silence. Seokmin listening for any sudden movements and Soonyoung not so sneakily sniffing his shirt from behind.

Cookies... Yeah he smells like cookies... But he also smells like cake. He smells like a whole goddamn bakery to be honest! Soonyoung thought burying his face in Seokmin's back.

"Soonyoung... What are you doing?" Seokmin asked and the shorter realized that he was just caught sniffing his back and it must've looked weird as .

"Uhm... Ah... I- I have an itch in my nose!" Soonyoung exclaimed.

I'm such a ing genius. He's not going to believe that at all.

"Oh, but why didn't you use your hands?"

"Because I'm holding my water gun with them." Soonyoung said and lifted up his water gun to show.

"Oh. Okay!" Seokmin flashed his trademark big smile and then continued to walk forward, "I think we're safe for now." 

"Ahaha... That's good." Soonyoung said with a chuckle back and continued to follow the other.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Alright... Now we wait." Chan told Hansol with the bucket of water balloons stationed in front of him.

The two were waiting for someone or something to pass by. Well, that's what Chan had told him. Only 5 seconds had passed and Hansol was getting impatient already.

"Do we have to wait untill someone passes by?" Hansol whined.

"I'm not carrying this heavy bin of water balloons anymore! And I'm tired." Chan said and crossed his arms.

"Ugh." Hansol groaned, "You should've brought a tote bag like me."

"Tote bags are for girls."

Hansol opened his bag, "Just put the rest of the water balloons in here." 

"How do I know you're not going to throw them at me?"

"We're a team. Remember?"

Chan hesitated for a moment before dumping the water balloons in Hansol's tote bag, "But I'm still too tired to walk." 

"You know what, you're really bothersome." Hansol grumbled and stood up, "Get on my back." 

"What?"

"Get on my back."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Like get on your back-"

"Yes I told you to get on my back, not my . Just get on my ing back!"

"Okay. Okay." Chan said and hopped on Hansol's back rather awkwardly. 

Hansol positioned the smaller and tried balancing him, he was way heavier than he expected. He stomped a couple steps forward with a grunt each step.

"I'm too heavy right?"

"Shut up." Hansol said too prideful to say that he was wrong and tried carrying Chan on his back for a few more steps before falling to the floor with a loud thud.

-------------------------------------------------------

"I think I heard someone!" Seokmin called out and shifted into a crouching position on the floor against the bookshelf. Soonyoung followed his actions starting to feel a little nervous.

"Hello?! Is anyone there?" An unfamiliar voice called out, "I'm not going to harm you! Im absolutely sorry! We will return your friend I promise!" The guy shouted out more and rounded the corner to where the duo were sitting.

The guy had brown hair and chubby looking cheeks. Soonyoung and Seokmin stood up decided that this guy seemed harmless untill Seokmin made eye contact with the stranger and froze up.

"Lee Seokmin?!"

"Boo Seungkwan?!" They both shouted in usion. Soonyoung was confused but from what the situation seemed like, the two had recognized each other.

"Do you guys know each other?" Soonyoung asked out of curiosity.

"Yes! He's my number one rival in theatre class!" Seokmin explained lifting up his water gun, "This dude still has a grudge over the time I took the main part in a musical during senior year!"

"But I wanted to be sleeping beauty! It was my last ing play for goodness sake, I would've been perfect!" 

Seokmin paused for a second.

"More like Sleeping Booty." 

"Because I have a nice booty? Thanks. And I like the added name pun."

"Eyy, I make great puns don't I?" 

"Nah, I think the Lee Jinki kid in our class made better ones."

"Oh. Wow thanks. I was a better sleeping beauty then you anyway."

"Why the hell were you guys sleeping beauty?" Soonyoung asked cutting in the conversation, "Why not the prince instead?"

"It was an all boys school." Seungkwan explained.

"Ohhh..." Soonyoung replied with a nod of understanding.

They stood there in silence for a minute before the three realized what they were supposed to be doing.

"Anyway, eat my soap!" Seokmin shouted aiming the water gun at Seungkwan's head. Soonyoung rushed to the other side of Seungkwan and held up his gun, trapping the male.

"Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah." Seungkwan said waving his two hands, "This isn't fair! I don't have a weapon of my own." He turned to Seokmin with a glint in his eye, "Shall we settle this like we did during musical theatre?" 

Seokmin nodded and motioned for Soonyoung to put down his water gun. "Yes, I wouldn't mind that because I know I will win." He said crossing his arms. Soonyoung just stared at the two in confusion.

"In your dreams!" Seungkwan said and stood next to Seokmin. He pointed to Soonyoung, "You judge." 

"Uhh... What?"

"We're going to have a singing contest." Seokmin explained.

"Oh, um... Okay." Soonyoung said shrugging his shoulders, he was a pretty good singer himself so he could judge these two. He wasn't sure what the winner got or what the purpose of this was overall but Soonyoung assumed it would be better than squirting anyone in the eye with liquid bubble soap. A part of him still really wanted to do that though.

------------------------------------------------------

"Hey I'm pretty sure I heard someone singing 'Hello' by NUEST." Hansol commented bouncing a water balloon in his hand. The bookstore was pretty big, Chan and him haven't ran into anybody yet so they decided to sit down against one of the shelves near the front desk. Their water guns lay beside them while Chan layed down on the floor with his head on Hansol's lap. It was really uncomfortable for him but he decided to deal with it because the younger was very stubborn and persistent. 

"And whoever's singing has a really good voice." The brown haired boy added leaning his head against the shelf.

"Hmm..." Chan mumbled with his eyes closed and shifted the position of his head a little.

Hansol hit the back of the youngers head, "Don't fall asleep yet!"

"Eurgh." Chan grumbled and smacked Hansol's hand back, "Don't do that!" 

"Well don't fall asleep. We're on a very important mission."

"Very important mission? Yeah right. The petty arguments that they always have get resolved somehow..." Chan sat up and shifted next to Hansol, "Anyway, you listen to Kpop?"

"Yeah, I do. But mainly rap though." Hansol said and scooted away from Chan deciding that the younger was too much in his personal space.

Chan noticed this and scooted closer to Hansol, "Cool! I listen to rap too." He scooted even closer when he noticed Hansol was scooting away even more. "And Micheal Jackson who rocks, nobody can tell me otherwise." Chan added under his breath. 

"What?" Hansol asked scooting further away.

"Nevermind. I didn't say anything. What's your favorite rap song?" Chan scooted closer to Hansol.

"Uhm, it's... It's..." Hansol scooted further away. 

"It's what?" Chan scooted even closer to Hansol. Hansol was getting irritated with this kid, why was he not respecting his personal space! He should've never thought that he could be his friend.

"It's- It's..." Hansol scooted to the side one last time and Chan followed, "It's stop being so ing annoying! Why the hell do you keep moving closer to me?!" Hansol burst out.

Chan's eyes widened for a second then he smirked, "Why not? Are you going to pop a for me being too close in your personal space?" He teasingly said.

"Hell no!" Hansol exclaimed quick to deny , "The gay one is Soonyoung!" He shifted away from Chan a little more before pausing. He had just outed his friend. Hansol smacked one of his hands over his own mouth and widened his eyes. Crap. Now this little demon is going to tell everyone and use it to blackmail and get his friends fired. Oh . He was such a ing idiot. Maybe once they got fired Soonyoung was going to try to make Hansol go to one of his dancing classes again. Oh hell no, he couldn't even get over the embarrassment that he had the last time he tried.

Noticing that Hansol seemed to be having a mental argument with himself Chan placed a hand on Hansol's shoulder. "It's alright. I won't tell anyone." The younger said with a smile.

"Really?" Hansol said taking his hand off of his mouth. "Well, please don't. I can't afford to go to dancing class again."

"Dancing class?"

"Long story." 

"Oh, okay." Chan said and took his hand off Hansol's shoulder. Hansol stood up and lifted up the tote bag of water balloons. 

Chan reached out his hands, "Help me up." He asked the elder. 

Hansol stared at Chan, contemplating whether to help the younger or not. Suddenly he felt something cold and wet shoot into his ear. He yelped and dropped the bag of water balloons on the ground causing them to scatter all over the floor.

"The water balloons!" Chan shouted and scrambled around trying to pick up the water balloons.

"What the hell was that?!" Hansol's said and felt his ear. Someone had a water gun and shot into his ear. There was an enemy around. Hansol spun around looking for the culprit untill he saw a shadow hiding behind the front desk. 

"Over there!" Hansol shouted pointing to the shadow at the desk. The shadow moved and an extremely tall man stood up holding a water gun pistol in each of his hands and a smirk.

"Hello there!" The tall man said with a smile and started running towards them shooting streams of water.

"Attack!" Chan screamed and the two younger boys started picking up and aiming the scattered water balloons at the tall stranger. A few hit the tall guys face and caused him to stop and slow down for a moment while Chan and Hansol shared a high-five. 

But then the intimidating tall man started running screaming at them, causing Hansol and Chan to run screaming too. They were chased around the front of the store for a few minutes until Hansol crashed into one of the bookshelves. 

"Hansol!" Chan shouted and pushed Hansol out of the way before the bookshelf toppled over and crashed down on the Micheal Jackson loving boy himself. 

"Chan!" Hansol screamed and ran over to try and lift the bookshelf off him. He grunted trying his hardest but unfortunately he wasn't strong enough. ! He should've gone to the gym with Wonwoo during the summer. 

"Yo, is he alright?" The tall stranger appeared right beside him and helped lift the bookshelf succesfully off Chan, "Sorry 'bout that." 

"I hope so..." Hansol said and ran over to Chan. "Chan are you alright?!" He asked shaking the younger boy.

Chan's eyes were closed and he didn't move.

Hansol started to feel something wet form near the corners of his eyes. No, they weren't tears. Defiantly not. Hansol gritted his teeth.

"CHAN WAKE THE UP I ASKED YOU A ING QUESTION!" Hansol shouted and smacked the younger in the face repeatedly.

"That's one weird friendship..." The tall guy murmured staring at the duo from the side.

"We're not friends!" Hansol said to the taller.

"Really?" A voice murmured.

Hansol looked down at Chan. The boy stared up at Hansol with wide eyes. He was thankful that he was alive but the expression that he was wearing looked like he was hurt at what he heard.

"Uhm... Ah..." Hansol stuttered unconsciously tightening his grip around Chan.

"Well this is awkward." The tall guy with the two water guns commented.

Hansol didn't say anything and just hugged Chan very tight against him. Chan didn't seem to make any protesting movements but Hansol couldn't tell if it was because he was hurt or not. He just squeezed the boy tighter.

"Aww... How sweet." Hansol heard the taller boy also comment on the side. He wished that he could shut the up.

A few seconds passed before the bells of the front door(or what was left of it) rang and Minghao walked in with another Chinese-looking boy who Hansol assumed was Junhui. The two of them were handcuffed together with a pink fluffy black-polka dotted handcuff.

"Hey Mingyu, thanks for the handcuff. Not embarrassing at all." Junhui said with a wave to the taller boy.

"You're welcome. How did the bonding time go?" The taller boy who Hansol concluded was Mingyu, said with a smirk.

"Pfft. We only got coffee." Junhui said with a slight blush and hit Mingyu playfully on the shoulder dragging Minghao forward with him.

"Chan? Hansol? What are you guys doing here?" Minghao asked noticing the two younger employees.

"Minghao?! You're alright?" Chan asked and Hansol just stared with his mouth open.

"I thought you were kidnapped!" Hansol shouted pointing at Minghao.

"Ah, yes... About that..." 

-------------------------------------------------------

Raina.

It all started with Raina. 

Raina was a pretty girl.

It was 10th grade, and he couldn't help but fall in love with her. There was always an obstacle in the way though. An obstacle who he thought was his friend. An obstacle that would always lock himself in the music classroom after school to compose songs. An obstacle that would never share his strawberry ice cream.

Lee Jihoon.

Seungcheol was surprised when the shorter boy declared that he loved Raina too and would fight for her. Back then, the stupid Seungcheol thought that she was the one for him and always got into stupid fights with Jihoon. 

If he could go back in time and change one thing, he would've never fallen in love with Raina.

Because of her, Jihoon had ended up following Seungcheol wherever he went. Even to the point where he opened a bookstore to rival Seungcheols own. Opening a bookstore where children could come and play and where elders could come and relax to grab a book and read was Seungcheols dream. But was that Lee Jihoons dream? Seungcheol was sure it wasn't. But the little demon could do about anything since his parents had a lot of money.

Anyway, Seungcheol wasn't sure how he was supposed to feel about Jihoon. But he had gone too far kidnapping one of his precious employees!

Kicking the backdoor open, Seungcheol barged into Lee Jihoon's office dressed up in army gear and water guns. He looked stupid but he could care less.

"Hello, I see that you've come!" Jihoon said with a mischevious smile from his desk. 

"Where's Minghao?" Seungcheol growled.

"Hmm... Who's Minghao?" 

"My employee. My friend."

"Sorry." Jihoon shrugged his shoulders, "Don't know any Minghao." 

Seungcheol grabbed Jihoon by the shirt collar and lifted a water gun to his head, "Tell me where Minghao is."

"Or what? You'll shoot me with water?" Jihoon smirked.

Seungcheol let go of Jihoon with a frustrated grunt. He slammed his water gun on the floor and ran a hand through his messy hair. 

"Lee Jihoon." 

"Yeah?" 

Seungcheol made eye contact with Jihoon and sighed, "Why are you doing this?" He asked seriously, "Why?"

"Well... It's because..." Jihoon was silent for a moment, "I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" 

"I-" Jihoon was cut off by a text message tone. Seungcheol recognized that as his phone and saw that Chan had texted him.

"One second." Seungcheol said reading the message.

From: Dancing Baby Dinosaur 

Hey managerr! You're my manager right? The boss and the manager of the store are the same thing I'm sure. Anyway we found Minghao!!!! :D he was out with his friend Junhui who had convinced his boss Jihoon that he shouldn't keep Minghao inside the whole day so they're handcuffed together! I'll send you a pic. Well they're not handcuffed anymore bc Mingyu(he's a tall scary guy but he seems kind of nice) unlocked their handcuff because he felt bad for chasing me and causing me to be crushed by a bookshelf DID YOU KNEO I WAS CRUSHED BY A BOOKSHELF?! I saved Hansol like a superhero! I pushed him out of the way like WOOOSHHH But in return he said I wasn't his friend... I'll just have to be more persistent! I texted Junghan and Seokmin to meet in the front of the store since we've found Minghao now. Meet us there pleasee!!! Also pls raise my salary thanks

-Attatched Image.jpg

Seungcheol chuckled reading the message, took a look at the photo chuckling even more, and put his phone back in the pocket. Chan barely did any work around the store there was no way he was raising his salary. Jihoon stared at Seungcheol patiently.

"We've found Minghao. I'm going to the front of the store." Seungcheol said forgetting about what Jihoon was going to say to him.

"B-But."

"Bye." Seungcheol walked out with a wave.

------------------------------------------------------

Jihoon stared at the brown office door which Seungcheol walked out of.

He couldn't deal with it anymore.

Every since 10th grade he has been hiding who he really was, trying to get that boys attention and to get him to finally notice him. He did notice him. But not in a nice way.

If Jihoon could go back in time and change one thing, he would've never fallen in love with Choi Seungcheol.

He could tell that he was annoying and stressing out Seungcheol. But what could he do, after a few years it became more of a habit. He felt numb everytime near him and decided to just continue what he was good at doing, obsessing and being mad at Seungcheol over a girl whom he never even liked. Great job young Jihoon, that was the best way to make your crush notice you.

Jihoon didn't even get to tell him, he even kidnapped a poor ing kid just to try and talk to him seriously. He banged his head against his desk table, he wanted to be a singer, a song composer. How did he end up running a bookstore?

Jihoon felt tears fall down his face. It was frustrating.

"I love you..." He whimpered out alone.

_______________________________________

I have returned from the war.

Actually there was no war. 

This is was just a very long chapter to write and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't boring at any parts at all.

I hope my writing style is improving and that you're enjoying my story!

I apologize to those who waited, I never expected more than 100 people would read my story and it makes me really happy :)

There will be one more bonus chapter after this then on to Chapter 3! 

I have also updated the forward to add more ships and more information.

If you read authors notes you're great and I hope you never read any bad fanfics ever in your life. 

I appreciate upvotes and subscribers, but what i'd really like you to do is comment!

Please comment about any favorite ships, opinions about the characters, or anything that you want! I want to make sure that you're enjoying my story.

Thank you very much for reading! And I promise to update more frequently :)