Chapter One

He Loves Me, She Loves Me Not - HIATUS

Yoon Hee’s POV

“Oppa?” I poked the boy who sat next to me, “Oppa?” I called again.

He groaned, attempting to whack the probing hand away from him, and continued to sleep lazily on the couch.

“Hmph. Fine.” I pouted and stood up with my things. Just before I could walk away a warm hand grasped against my skin, sending tingly sensation up and down my arm. I turned my head to find him slightly awake.

“Don’t leave, I’ll get up...” He said and gave me a smirk. Suddenly, the hand that held my wrist pulled me toward it, causing me to fall pathetically onto the owner of the hand. “…after I get a morning kiss.”

“Yah! Stop being so full of yourself Kim Jonghyun!” I slapped his chest as I covered my red, red face. I tried to pull myself off of him, but instead I felt broad arms wrapping themselves tightly around my waist.

“Just one? On the cheek?”

“Ani.”

“Please?”

“Ani.”

Pretty please?”

“Aniyo!”

“Pretty pretty please?”

I turned my head, clearly frustrated with the annoying boy that lied beneath me.

“Yah, Kim Jonghy--” Before I could finish a hand s itself on my head and pushed it down. Our faces were so close that I could feel his warm, moist breath linger onto my lip. I stared deep into his eyes, as he stared into mines. I quickly averted my gaze, clearly embarrassed.

“O-oppa t-this i-is…W-we s-sh-should--” I felt a shaking sensation beneath me. I noticed that the hand that added pressure onto my head had released itself and the boy under me began to laugh hysterically.

“You should’ve seen the look on your face Yoonie!” Jonghyun laughed. After his laugh attack, he gently pushed me back on my feet and got up. He stretched his arms and ruffled his brownish golden locks.

 “Wait for me and then we’ll go”. He walked past me, ruffling my hair a bit before he made his way into the bathroom.

At that moment, my heart felt as if it were going to explode out of my chest. I breathed, in and out, in and out, trying to settle my rapidly beating heart.

What. The. Hell.

I could still feel blood rush into my cheeks

I cant believe he…Oppa, he…he‘s such a tease!

I let out a deep sigh and straightened out my clothes.

You see, I’ve been madly in love with Jonghyun oppa ever since I laid eyes on him in the first grade. Our families were quite close despite our opposite social statuses. Jonghyun oppa was born into the prestigious Kim Corporation, while I was the child of a noodle shop owner. As children, we were always together. We played together, we ate together, we slept together, and heck, we even bathed with each other till we were 9! However, no matter what I do to try to show him my affections, he never seems to take it seriously. He always assumes that I was just being his loving “dongsaeng”.

And besides, oppa already had a girlfriend.

I was already at the door by the time Jonghyun finished getting ready. He wore a plain white t-shirt with dark denim skinny jeans. He had his plaided black and red jacket tied loosely around his waist while his sunglasses sat neatly on his red NY cap. He grabbed a piece of toast that I left for him on the kitchen table.

“Lets go?” He asked, walking out the door with his car keys.

I stood there, contemplating on whether or not I should confess to Jonghyun until I heard impatient honking from outside.

“Hurry up Yoon Hee! Or else we’ll be late!” Jonghyun called from the driver’s seat.

I shook my head hoping to get all thoughts of confessing out of my head.

“Neh!” I shouted and quickly made my way to the car.

--------------------------------------------------

After Jonghyun parked his car in the student parking lot, I pushed the car door open and immediately ran to my first class.

“Ahh, I can’t believe I’m late!”

Quickly turning a corner, I felt myself bumping into a thick, hard wall and falling onto my . I rubbed my bottom as a large pair of hand was held before me.

“Are you okay?” a melodious voice called out to me.

I looked up to see that it was Lee Jin Ki, Seoul High Schools, second richest and smartest senior. Amazingly, Jonghyun oppa came in first. Did I mention that he was also Jonghyun’s group mate and very close friend?

“Neh,” I replied as I took the hand that pulled me up in one quick motion.

“How about you Jinki-ssi, are you okay?” He gave a chirpy smile before giving me a fake, pained expression.

“It hurts for me to keep asking, but how many times have I told you to call me Onew, and oppa nonetheless?” He held a fist to his heart as he pretended that my formal address towards him had actually hurt.

The bell rang, indicating that I was indeed late for first period. I rolled my eyes and smiled at his immaturity, as I walked passed him without uttering another word.

Onew’s POV

“Yah!” I shouted at the figure that just left me hanging in the hallway. I sighed, seeing that she actually left me there without as much as a second glance. I turned around, heading towards my own classroom.

When I got there, I quickly apologized for being late and took my seat next to Jonghyun. Jonghyun, being the total player that he is, hadn’t even noticed that I came in as he was too busy flirting with a brunette a couple seats down. Although Jonghyun already had a girlfriend, he wouldn’t pass down the opportunity to flirt with a pretty girl.

I set my backpack on the side and cracked open my book to make it seem like I was paying attention. Instead, I thought about my meeting with Yoon Hee this morning. About how small and frail her body felt against mine when she crashed into me; how she smelled of apples and cinnamon; how beautiful she looked even though she wore a simple tee and jeans, and her eyes, how I mesmerizing and inviting her dark brown chocolate eyes were. Yoon Hee was the love of my life, she just didn’t know it yet. The first time I met Yoon Hee was at dance practice.

FLASHBACK

Jonghyun was late as usual, and we, me and our other group mates, were waiting for our main vocalist to arrive. No call, no text, no nothing. It had already been an hour since dance practice was supposed to start and  I was already getting fed up with his tardiness. I stood up from the chair that I was sitting on and rushed to the door in an attempt to go look for him. Just as I pushed the door, a loud thud could be heard from behind. I quickly opened the door to see what I could have hit.

On the floor, a girl crouched down rubbing her forehead trying to ease the pain that had just struck her. In an instant, I went down to her level trying to examine the damaged I could’ve caused her.

 “ I am so so so sorry!” I apologized, reopening the studio door to ask the others inside to get us some ice.

“ No, its my fault for standing in front of the door like that.” She responded. I couldn’t see her face very clearly due to hair, but I knew it in her voice that that must’ve been very painful.

“Ani, it’s all my fault. If I hadn’t pushed that door so hard you---” I stopped mid sentence when she looked up to stare at me. Immediately, I began to feel my breathing hitch and my heart start to beat fast. She was the most beautiful creature that I ever laid eyes on. She had milky white skin, high cheek bones, soft pink lips, a cute nose, and eyes that I just drowned in. I tried to say something, but my voice was caught at the back of my throat.

Suddenly, heavy breathing could be heard from behind her. I looked up to see an out-of-breath dinosaur.

“Yah, Kim Yoon Hee! How dare you ditch me like that!”

“It’s not my fault your so slow, dino-head. Are all dinosaurs that slow when it comes to running?” She laughed as she got up. It seemed like she had forgotten about their little accident not too long ago.

“You…you…YAH! You come here right now!”

Yoon Hee, according to Jonghyun, stood up immediately and began to run away from the predator.

Here comes another crazy dinosaur rampage.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

I sighed as I glanced at Jonghyun, who was now fast asleep behind his statistics book. His drool ran from his open mouth and dripped onto the back of his hand that he used as a pillow. I smirked and shook my head slightly. It made me wonder how this boy ever made it this far in math, and with good grades nonetheless!

I yawned and realized that I too, felt rather tired. I lifted my book and placed it front of me, hiding myself from my teacher and the rest of the world. I sunk down until my head was rested on my arms, not long before sleep and darkness engulfed me. In that one hour, I dreamt of nothing but Yoon Hee.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys! So yeah, heres the first chapter of "He Loves Me, She Loves Me Not". Sorry if it was boring as heck, but I wanted to post up a chapter today before I start study for my midterm tomorrow. I even started chapter 2, but I'm not sure when I'll be posting it up. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed it and if you didnt, I'll apologize again.

 

Have a good day you guys! :)