제6장

그녀는 괴물이야 (She’s a Monster!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If Joohyun had to pick one teacher she disliked the most, it would most probably be Mr. Yong. On top of being occasionally violent towards his students, this crazy dictator of a man would push them to their limits every gym class, making them run long distances and whatnot.

 

All that was more than enough to substantiate the girl’s resentment towards physical exercise.

 

Seulgi, on the other hand, loved gym class.

 

The feeling of adrenaline pumping through her veins invigorated her and made her feel alive. Yet, the greatest feeling of all was being able to win Bae Joohyun in this aspect. The girl was so weak and slow, even her own grandmother would be embarrassed. As such, there was an abundance of opportunities to , and Seulgi enjoyed it very, very much.

 

That morning, the girls were doing some stretching exercises to get properly warmed up before another presumably tiring run. On account of the lizard incident several weeks ago that almost cost Seulgi a good friend, jokes and insults were literally streaming out of nonstop like a heavily leaking faucet.

 

As she spread her legs flexibly to execute a perfect split, she noticed Joohyun struggling with a simple lunge stretch. To her amusement, the girl almost toppled over in the process. Weakling.

 

“Having trouble, Grandma Bae?”

 

“Very funny,” the girl mumbled, pinning her with a cold glare before walking away to find a quieter corner.

 

“Don’t you ever get tired of being so sadistic, Sseul?” Seungwan simply had to comment after witnessing everything.

 

“Oh? You’re choosing to defend her now instead of laughing along with me? I think you might need to reevaluate some of your life choices, Wannie,” the girl got to her feet to do some quick jumping jacks.

 

“Just give her a break for one day, will you? I don’t think it would hurt to be friendly for once.”

 

“Yah, you’re starting to sound like Fany-unnie. And one of her is plenty to go around so please stop.”

 

A shrill whistle sounded several times and the Mr. Yong’s annoying voice soon boomed, “I WANT ALL OF YOUR ASSES OVER AT THE STARTING LINE IN FIVE SECONDS! NOW, MOVE!”

 

The students jumped up immediately, racing towards the destination with all their might like bees drawn to honey. They all knew full well that the penalty was extra laps after school and ain’t nobody got time for that.

 

Seulgi made a point of assembling next to Joohyun just so she could irritate her some more. Giving the girl’s ponytail a few firm tugs, she began, “Have you ever considered installing wheels into your feet so you could go a little faster?”

 

“You know Mrs. Jung wouldn’t hesitate to send you home if I told her how ridiculously short your shorts are,” Joohyun countered, not even sparing the girl a glance.

 

“I can’t say I understand what it’s like to be of midget height but I’d really appreciate if you stopped checking my smooth and y legs out, thank you.”

 

“I will when your skin stops thickening. At this rate, I’m almost sure we’ll have a rhinoceros on campus by the end of the day.”

 

The short quibble was cut off by yet another sound of Mr. Yong’s ear-piercing whistle. “YOU WILL BE DOING FIVE LAPS AROUND THE SCHOOL TODAY! IF YOU DON’T MAKE IT BACK BY THE END OF THE LESSON, YOU’LL HAVE TO SPEND LUNCH WITH ME. AM I CLEAR?!”

 

Joohyun pursed her lips in agitation, wondering why he needed to scream all the time.

 

“IN THREE… TWO… ONE… GO, GO, GO! MOVE YOUR LAZY ASSES! COME ON!”

 

At the command, the girls sprinted off with the same goal in mind – to avoid having to sit in the office for an entire hour with what was one of the most obnoxious teachers in the school.

 

Seulgi jogged off in bouncy steps, muttering as she whizzed past Joohyun, “See you later, slowcoach!”

 

Some minutes later, as the girl was barely finishing her first lap, Seulgi passed her again, sticking her tongue out childishly, “Happy lunching with weirdo Yong later!”

 

Joohyun could only watch in vain as Seulgi took off again, the top student in her secretly envying the girl’s seemingly endless legs. She had to admit that Seulgi’s stride length was pretty impressive. Her immense flexibility probably had something to do with it.

 

Bae Joohyun did not have many regrets, but quitting ballet classes when she was younger had officially become one of them.

 

By the third lap, she had slowed to a walk, her top drenched in perspiration. She had attempted to get the momentum back by jogging slowly time and again but her efforts mostly fell f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter