제4장

그녀는 괴물이야 (She’s a Monster!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud music was blasting through a large speaker connected to a computer in what was an expansive bedroom. There was enough space for ten or twenty, but only three girls occupied the area – two of which were Seulgi and Seungwan – dancing their dorky asses off like there was no tomorrow.

 

It was another hyper Friday evening and they were over at Seulgi’s older cousin’s abode, which was, hands down, their favorite hangout. There were no rules and they could stay up all night and do whatever they wanted without getting nagged at by pesky adults. Seungwan got along very well with Seulgi’s cousin and her girlfriend, and the four of them frequently headed out on Saturday for various activities.

 

“THIS IS SUPER, SUPER FUN, YOU GUYS! OH MY GOD!” Seulgi screamed over the blaring music as she jumped up and down, pulling her own version of Willow Smith by whipping her hair back and forth crazily.

 

“WHOOHOO! PARTY, PEOPLE! LET’S BRING THIS PLACE DOWN!” Seungwan joined in the scream fest, arms and legs flying in every direction possible.

 

It was embarrassing to watch.

 

A few minutes later, the sliding door was pulled open smoothly and in stepped a woman with a tray of drinks. Flinching at the insanity going on, she hurried towards the computer and silenced the room with the touch of a spacebar.

 

Everybody froze in midair and the humiliation kicked in. They had hair all over the place and their faces were sweaty and pinkish from all the prior excitement. Seulgi was the first to say something, “Aww, Sica-unnie, did you have to?”

 

“Yeah, we were having so much fun, baby,” the other woman with long dark curls panted, brushing some loose strands out of her face.

 

“You know our neighbors, Fany-ah. Especially that old Choi couple,” the woman named Jessica cautioned as she set the tray down gently. “If they call the cops one more time we’re so getting kicked out.”

 

“You worry too much for your own good,” Tiffany waved her girlfriend of five years off with a hand. “But I guess we could use a break. Who wants some booze?”

 

“WHOOHOO! ME! ME! SEULGI WANTS SOME BOOZE, PRETTY PLEASE!”

 

“Me, too!” Seungwan raised her hand enthusiastically.

 

Jessica chuckled and shook her head, “You kids look high enough as it is. Anyway, I got you some cranberry--”

 

“Vodka! Vodka! Vodka!” Seulgi and Seungwan chanted in unison, clapping their hands to the words.

 

“Juice,” Jessica finished and picked up two red plastic cups from the tray. “Come get it.”

 

Too thirsty to argue, the two barely legal rascals each grabbed a cup and flushed the ice-cold drink down their throats as the older ones sipped at their alcohol.

 

“So,” Tiffany took another cup just because she could, and found a comfy spot on the carpet. “Come, sit. How’s school going for you girls?”

 

“Superb!”

 

“y.”

 

Both girls said in harmony, and Tiffany gave a throaty chuckle, “Oh, Sseul. Your parents are worried sick, you know that? Every time they get a chance, they remind me that I should talk to you more often. What’s up with you?”

 

“Bad blood between her and this super hot girl called Bae Joohyun,” Seungwan answered on her best friend’s behalf.

 

“Shut up, Seungwan!”

 

“Whoa, that sounds interesting,” Jessica settled beside her girlfriend, knees drawn to her chest in anticipation. “Is it because you like her?”

 

The reckless statement made Seulgi choke on her drink, “Eww, no! No way in hell! She’s so irritating and extremely cocky. I’m mentally stabbing her to death half the time and the other half is spent questioning what I did wrong in my previous life to deserve meeting somebody like her.”

 

Tiffany took another drink from her cup, lips twitching slightly at the bittersweet taste, “You’re exaggerating.”

 

“No, I’m not! Just the other day at detention, she was pretending to be concerned about me and stuff,” Seulgi shuddered at the remembrance of Bae Joohyun invading her privacy.  “She’s faker than silicone s. And creepy as hell.”

 

“I wish she would notice me,” Seungwan heaved an envious sigh as she randomly traced circles on the furry carpet.

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes, “Then quit being a wuss. Try getting into some trouble and going for detention. If that’s what you really want.”

 

“My parents would go crazy. You know I can’t risk that.”

 

“Whoa, wait,” Jessica interrupted. “Does Seungwan have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter