제3장

그녀는 괴물이야 (She’s a Monster!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was perched on the toilet seat, crouching slightly, arms wrapped around her abdomen, a painful expression upon her face.

 

“Damn, it hurts… it must’ve been the milk I had for breakfast,” she groaned to herself, feeling beads of perspiration form on her forehead as the aching in her tummy started becoming more unbearable.

 

As she was trying hard to get rid of whatever it was inside her system that was making her feel immensely sick, she heard a pair of feet trot into the washroom. Oddly enough, they came to a complete stop right outside her cubicle, and the owner soon knocked on the door a couple of times.

 

She ignored whoever it was, hoping they would go away. But mere seconds later, two more knocks came, a little harder and seemingly more irritable this time.

 

“Kang Seulgi? Are you in there?”

 

What in the world?

 

It was her.

 

That monster.

 

“What the hell do you want, Bae Joohyun? How do you even know I’m here?” She could only grunt painstakingly since it felt like her intestines were contorting.

 

A scoff preceded the reply, “Don’t act like I haven’t caught you hiding in here texting so you can escape boring lessons. It’s been well over forty minutes and you’ve already missed more than half the class. I think that’s enough.”

 

“I’m not a baby! Hell, even my own mother doesn’t follow me all the way to the bathroom. Will you just go away and let me finish whatever I’m doing in peace? Oh my gosh… uh…” Seulgi hugged her stomach even tighter as another sharp pain hit her.

 

“Yah, Kang Seulgi. You’d better not be doing what I think you’re doing.”

 

“This is the last time I’m going to tell you nicely: leave me alone,” Seulgi grumbled, jaw clenched tightly. She was so not in the mood for bickering.

 

“We have strict rules against such behavior. You’re not supposed to be touching--”

 

“I’m having a freaking stomachache, okay?! I swear I’ll freaking slit your throat when I’m done if you continue bugging me!” The urge to use that very vulgar four-letter word was real, but the girl did not want to deal with the repercussions.

 

“Fine.”

 

Seulgi soon heard footsteps fading away. “Thank god.”

 

An agonizing ten minutes or so later, a visibly weakened, pale-faced Seulgi stumbled out of the washroom, hands still gripping the sides of her waist.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“Holy freaking hell!” The girl almost lost her balance when a wild Bae Joohyun appeared out of nowhere. “Why are you still here?!”

 

“Your welfare is my affair,” Joohyun replied.

 

“What?”

 

“My slogan when I was running for president of the student council. Were you not listening to my speech?” The girl paused for an answer but none came and she received only a few uninterested blinks in response. “Anyway, I gave my word that I would do my utmost best to assist the teachers in taking good care of the student body,” the girl rattled.

 

“So stalking fellow students and harassing them are part of that promise? That’s disturbing,” Seulgi commented and started to walk away.

 

Joohyun tagged along quickly, “Even though I don’t like you one bit, I wouldn’t want to see you die.”

 

“Pfft,” the girl scoffed. “Spare me the false concern. I don’t need your stupid help, you psycho. I’d pick death any day. Get out of my way.”

 

With that, she increased her pace, taking long, brisk strides until she reached the classroom, and exhaling a relieved sigh when she was finally back in her seat. Joohyun showed up a little later and headed for her seat quietly.

 

Seulgi had not done so much as take out her textbook when Seungwan leaned towards her and whispered, “What took you both so long?”

 

“Why don’t you ask her yourself? I was minding my own business. She was busy poking her big, ugly nose into my private affairs,” Seulgi whispered back carefully, not wanting Mr. Lee to catch her talking again.

 

Seungwan’s jaw slackened a little, “Private affairs? In school, Sseul? Wow… I would never have enough balls to do something like that.”

 

“Congratulations, you’re as erted as she is. Now you two can run along, be best friends, and leave me the hell alone,” Seulgi intentionally shifted her chair further away from her friend, pulled out a book from her bag, and slammed it onto the desk.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter