oo9

Swear To Me

Beware Readers: You may get bored reading some of this.

You have been warned :)

 

Chapter 9:

 

 

 

The next day.

 

 

 

Narrator's POV

 

 

 

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Lay were put to work at SeYi's house and to hide all of Sehun's belongings and any pictures of him. By the end of the day, SeYi was to be discharged from the hospital. Suho took care of some things at work before rushing back to the hospital.

 

 

 

One of the nurses came into her space of the room to check on her shoulder cast.

 

"It looks like it's healing quickly. You may be able to remove the cast after a week. Just make sure to revisit us." The nurse explained with a friendly smile. "When are you being checked out of the hospital?"

 

"Tonight. I'll be out of here."

 

"By any chance, is your boyfriend helping you check out?" the nurse politely asked.

 

SeYi had to think for little and reprocess that Suho was her boyfriend now. "Yes... How did you know he was my boyfriend?" SeYi asked, wondering how she got the news so quickly.

 

The nurse grinned at continued to fix her cast. "My fiance is actually a medic that drives around in ambulances, showing up at accidents and disasters. He remembered your accident well because of your boyfriend."

 

"Why is that?"

 

"He was in the ambulance that carried you and your boyfriend. He seemed to have showed up heroically at the scene, sprinting through traffic, passing the police, and getting into the ambulance with you. He told the medics and police that he was your boyfriend and he eventually got access into the scene."

 

"He told everybody that he was my boyfriend? At the accident?"

 

The nurse nodded. "My fiance described how much he was concerned about you and your son. He told me that you two looked perfect together."

 

Hearing those words made me smile unconsciously. Eventually, the nurse left the room, leaving SeYi wondering why Suho called himself her partner even during the accident.

 

~

 

Changmin had to be held in the hospital for a few more days to run more CT scans and to make sire that nothing bad was happening that doctors weren't aware of. Doctor Kim MinSeok approached SeYi an hour after running more tests on her son.

 

"Mister Oh Changmin has a case of Selective Amnesia. That is when his mind can remember memories he has only chosen to remember. The memories and people he must've forgotten must be those he wishes to remember the least, or that he just hasn't seen them recently before the accident."

 

"That makes more sense now." SeYi thought out loud.

 

"Make sure not to make him think too much or stress him out at all. That will be unhealthy for his brain and results may become dangerous."

 

"I understand, doc. Thank you for your help."

 

"It was my pleasure." Kim MinSeok smiled, "Call me if there's anything else you're curious about."

 

~

 

Suho arrived at SeYi's room the time he was about ready to check her out from the hospital. He gave her some fresh clothes to change into instead of her clothes that she wore in the accident. Once she was changed, Suho waited for her outside of the lady's room.

 

"Done?" he asked.

 

She nodded, "Where did you get these clothes? Did you drop by my house first?"

 

"No. You have spare clothes at my house."

 

SeYi stopped her tracks. "I do? Since when??"

 

"Those nights when there was a rat infestation in your dorm while we were in college."

 

SeYi took some time to remember that time in her life. "Oh~ you're right. The rat infestation."

 

"You had to stayed over in my dorm for a few days since you didn't want to disturb Sehun at his dorm."

 

SeYi felt a punch hit her chest as she heard Sehun's name. She tried her best not to tear up, so she looked away from Suho, hoping he wouldn't notice anything wrong. Unfortunately, he did notice. He changed the topic.

 

"So when do you want me to move in?" he asked her.

 

SeYi looked back at him, trying to reset the mood. "Move in?"

 

"Yes. As Changmin's dad, wouldn't he question why his father isn't living with him?"

 

"You're right. We can just move into your-"

 

"No. That's too much work for you two and Changmin wouldn't be able to recognize his surroundings. I'll just move into your household."

 

"Alright."

 

The two walked over to Suho's car and hopped in, getting ready to drive home. As they were on the road, a conversation sprung into life.

 

"Suho..." SeYi called out.

 

"Yes?"

 

"During the accident, there was something that you said to the medics and officers. I was wondering why you said it."

 

Suho glanced at her. "What did I say?"

 

"That you were my boyfriend."

 

Suho smirked. "Are you affected?"

 

"N- no~ I was just wondering." SeYi embarrassingly denied.

 

Suho just grinned. "Because no one would let me watch over you without having a close enough relationship with you... I can't say that I'm your brother, since I would need papers to prove that later on. I can't say that I'm your husband because I would need papers for that too."

 

SeYi slouched in her seat. "Oh."

 

"What were you expecting?"

 

"Nothing."

 

"Don't lie to me. I read you like a book."

 

"I'm not lying."

 

"Don't deny it."

 

"Kim Suho!"

 

"SeYiiiiii~"

 

"Shut up!!!!"

 

Suho smirked throughout the entire ride home.

 

~

 

Home.

 

SeYi arrived back to her house, noticing that everything was tidy and clean. Also noticing that there was no trace of Sehun anywhere. No wedding picture, no family portraits, none of his clothes in their closet.

 

 

 

 

 

There were only a few more minor things that reminded her of Sehun. Those, she was planning on throwing out as well. There were actually more than just a few objects that reminded her of her late husband. To her, it seemed like every inch of the house screamed his name and wanted her to live remembering him. Of course, she would never forget him completely, but all she needed was to live on without mourning over him anymore.

 

Suho let her go inside the house first as he decided to call up his office to inform Yixing about his longer future absences.

 

SeYi didn't waste another moment looking at the little objects that she wanted to trash so badly. She picked up an old box from her closet and stuffed more of Sehun's things inside. The scarf and shoes he bought her, his stock managing books from the bookshelf, his coffee mugs, and more. She stuffed them all in the box in which she held with her non-injured arm. She carried all of them outside and placed them beside the dumpster before returning back home. Suho noticed her walking in.

 

"SeYi-ah... what did you do outside?" He asked after he hung up his call to Yixing.

 

She shook her head. "Just getting rid of more of Sehun's belongings."

 

Suho approached her and led her to the sofa. "You shouldn't be moving for another week. You need to keep that shoulder and arm immobilized." He reminded her.

 

"Suho, I've been stuck in a hospital bed for days."

 

"I didn't say that you couldn't walk around. Just don't work on anything that involves your arms."

 

"Then how am I-"

 

"I'll do everything. Trust me. I can cook food for you, wash clothes for you, fold them for you, clean, fix, name it. I'll do it. Alright?"

 

SeYi sighed heavily as she decided to give in.

 

Suho grinned and plunked himself down beside her, wrapping his arms gently around her shoulders and rested his head on her in exhaustion. "Changmin's birthday is in a week." he mentioned.

 

SeYi nodded. "I know."

 

"What are we going to do for his birthday?"

 

"It's coincidentally on the day he finally gets released from the hospital. So we'll probably go somewhere after he gets discharged."

 

"You don't want to throw him a party like how you always do?"

 

She shook her head. "If i invite people here, they're going to ask about Sehun and I'm not ready to explain the story repetitively without breaking down again."

 

"Then all the guys should just join us on his birthday. We'll all go somewhere to have fun. What about the amusement park?"

 

"It's too expensive, plus I don't think the guys would want to pay for themselves. Tickets to get inside cost more than a simple pair of shoes for s gift."

 

"Then maybe we should all go shopping. We'll let Changmin choose what he wants."

 

SeYi thought for a moment but then agreed.

 

"Alright."

 

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

One week later.

 

 

 

 

 

The week flew by fast. Suho voluntarily made himself and the 4 guys more work by moving himself into SeYi's house. He sold his house quicker than what's mostly possible while doing his usual work as an attorney. Every day, Suho would work and work and work and work alongside taking care of what he believes, a vulnerable girlfriend. SeYi became annoyed that he was overworking himself, but he did it to himself. He would cook meals for her every morning, afternoon, and night, and also made sure that she wasn't working on anything. How irritated SeYi was. SeYi and him visited the hospital everyday to greet Changmin until this day, his birthday. Changmin was to be discharged today and before that, SeYi had her last check-up on her shoulder.

 

 

 

"I'm so happy right now." SeYi cheered as they strutted over to the entrance of the hospital.

 

"When is anyone ever happy when they're entering a hospital?" Suho chuckled.

 

SeYi smiled. "It's Changmin's birthday and today, I can finally take my cast off. That way you'll let me do what i want with my arms."

 

"Now, now. Don't get ahead of yourself, SeYi. I agreed to let you work a little bit around the house since you've oddly begged me to give you work. But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop being protective over your health. If anything, I'm going to watch over you more, since soon you're going to be aloud to move and that scares me even more.

 

SeYi rolled her eyes.

 

"Now how am I going to make sure that you're not going to move around too much? Especially when we're not home. You''ll be wandering around like a lone child in a 3 story shopping mall."

 

"Relax, Suho."

 

"I'm serious, SeYi... I'm gonna need to make sure you're safe and sound as I'm watching over you or I'm going to bonkers again."

 

"I'm not a child, Suho. You can do that for Changmin."

 

"I need to make sure that I'm always with you so that no one comes to kidnap you or something. Because if that ever happens, i swear-" His blabber interrupted.

 

"Then to assure you that those kind of things won't happen, I'll do this."

 

SeYi took her arm from her side and neatly intertwined her fingers along with his. After a week of being together as a couple, this was the first time she's ever initiated skin ship. Suho looked up to her in surprise.

 

SeYi smirked. "Calm down, Suho. This is only the beginning."

 

 

 

The two walked hand in hand to her doctor's examination room, both smiling, both hearts racing.

 

 

 

 

 

15 minutes later.

 

 

 

The doctor removed her cast gently and examined her injuries. Suho was there beside her  and waited for the results. The doctor, Doctor Han, Lu (Lu Han), smiled as he looked up from his clipboard.

 

"You're all healed. You can moved your arm and shoulder however you want now." the doctor grinned.

 

SeYi and Suho beamed in happiness.

 

"I'll just go submit the test results to the front desk, you two may leave or just rest here for a bit longer. I'll be back in a few minutes, you can leave by then if you wish."

 

"We'll wait until you get back." SeYi decided.

 

Doctor Han nodded and headed for the door until SeYi made him pause. "Uhh... this is an unusual favor to ask but is it okay if I can borrow your stethoscope? (The heart beat listener)"

 

The doctor smirked and nodded, removing the tool from around his neck and handing it to SeYi, who more than gladly took it. "I've actually been asked that a lot." Doctor Han explained, "You'll be surprised.

 

Suho smiled back at him. "We'll give it back when you arrive again."

 

He nodded and headed out, closing the door behind him.

 

 

 

'"Why did you ask that?" Suho asked his girlfriend, who was now playing with the special tool.

 

She put the buds to her ears and held the circle thingy up in front of Suho. "I've always wanted to try this..."

 

Suddenly, SeYi placed the circle thingy on Suho's chest, hearing the sound of his heart beating rapidly.

 

She giggled, "I see you're nervous?"

 

Suho shook his head, denying his anxiety. "That's not how you do it." He held his hand out and SeYi gave him a chance to try the stethoscope out.

 

He wore it on his ears swiftly and quickly leaned towards SeYi, now causing her to be on guard.

 

"Wh- what are you doing???" She asked, questioning his movements as he moved closer and closer to her.

 

"I'm doing it correctly." Suho leaned in even more, now having SeYi only inches away from his chest.

 

SeYi stared at his chest in awe, not believing how close she was to him. He placed the circle thingy on her back, listening to her rapid heartbeat. She was so close that she could smell his cologne that which she couldn't notice before. She snapped out of her thoughts as he leaned farther away from her to sit in his original spot. She gulped, not knowing what just happened.

 

"I see that you were nervous too." He chuckled.

 

SeYi turned tomato red and covered her cheeks to transfer the heat from her face unto her palms.

 

"Here." Suho gave the tool back to her and grinned. "I think my heartbeat is normal now. Why don't you check?"

 

SeYi agreed and listened to his heartbeat again, placing the circle thingy on his chest once more. Oddly, she didn't hear his heartbeat. So she moved the sensor around more.

 

"Hmm... That's weird. I don't hear anything." She told him.

 

"Did you break it?" Suho took the sensor into his fingers and put it in front of his lips, talking into it. "Testing, testing. Ah- ah. Do you hear me?"

 

SeYi nodded.

 

Suho smiled unusually. "Then should I tell you a secret?" He whispered again to the heartbeat sensor.

 

SeYi waited for him to speak again. Listening carefully through the stethoscope for what he wanted to say.

 

"Are you ready?" He whispered through the tool again.

 

She nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hello, my beautiful fairies~

The first half of this chapter was probably the most boring crap you've ever read in your life. I'm so sorry.

My writing is so bland and boring. Someone should just throw a rock at me since that's probably what my stories are like. Boring and uninteresting like a rock.

This chapter and more chapters after this will continue to display a fluffy and happy genre, which many of you have been waiting for. But the ansgt will never disappear and will eventually peek out at variuous times within the fluffy moments of the story. So please stay tuned and keep reading!

I've actually made a huge suspenseful and storyline for this story and I was hoping to catch a big audience with it. So please expect from me!!! Don't give up on me, please! :)

 

PLEASE comment and let me know how the story is doing. Tell me whether you are enjoying the story or not so I can make some more time to improve on my writing! Then again, thank you all so much for reading! I love every single one of you. Please be safe and healthy. Stay lovely and see you again soon ^-^ Saranghaeyo <3