o10

Swear To Me

 

Chapter 10:

 

 

 

Narrator's POV

 

 

 

"I love you" Suho finally whispered through the heartbeat sensor of the stethoscope, which SeYi could hear clearly through the ear buds.

 

She could feel her heartbeat race faster and faster each second and all she could do was stare straight into his eyes, which stared into hers meaningfully as well.

 

Suho put the heartbeat sensor down and grinned slightly, "I'm sorry... Am I going too fast?" He asked in embarrassment.

 

SeYi then snapped back to her senses and stuttered out, "N- no... no... not at all." Unconsciously, she smiled at him and turned the other way to hide her face which burned in a shade of red.

 

Both of them couldn't help but smile sheepishly until the doctor came back in, making them return his stethoscope back.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

20 minutes later.

 

 

 

Changmin's Hospital Room.

 

 

 

After finishing Changmin's paperwork at the front desk, SeYi and Suho walked back to Changmin's hospital room hand in hand, attracting attention almost immediately from the 4 grown-up goofballs who waited inside.

 

"Waaahhhh~" Baekhyun's jaw dropped in awe.

 

"Kyaaaa~!!!" Kai cheered childishly in aegyo.

 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo smiled widely and giggled a little bit inside.

 

"You two may be cute, but I bet my sweetie Dara and I are cuter." Chanyeol remarked.

 

"Tch." Suho scoffed. "In your dreams. Baekhyun and Taeyeon are doing better than you two and they're not even dating yet."

 

"Well that's because Baekhyun's playboy!!!" Chanyeol fought back childishly.

 

"Tch." Baekhyun then budded in, "At least I don't curl up in a ball and look stupid in front of the girl I like. You could barely even ask Dara out!"

 

"Shut up!" Chanyeol pouted in defeat while everybody else in the room chuckled.

 

 

 

SeYi let go of Suho's hand to approach Changmin, who was sitting on the edge of the hospital bed.

 

"Happy Birthday, honey." She hugged him tightly and he did the same to his mom.

 

"It's my birthday today?" He asked, excited.

 

SeYi nodded. "You're too young to remember your birthday right now, so I'll keep track until you're old enough remember today's date."

 

"What are we doing today, mommy?"

 

"You're Unc- I mean... your daddy and I are taking you shopping along with the rest of your uncles. You get to buy 6 toys today, alright? Any toy of your choice!"

 

"Why 6 toys, mommy?"

 

"Because you have 4 uncles, 1 daddy, and 1 mommy to get a present from."

 

"Waahh~ That's a lot!" Changmin cheered in joy.

 

"Are you excited? Should we go now?" His mother asked him.

 

He nodded happily and took her hand, exiting the room, followed by the 5 ducklings behind them.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

30 minutes later.

 

 

 

Changmin, SeYi, and Suho rode together in Suho's car. Kyungsoo and Kai rode in another while Baekhyun and Chanyeol rode together in another.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All 7 of them met up at the entrance of the large structure after dealing with parking. Once they were all together, they happily strutted inside.

 

 

 

45 minutes passed by and SeYi, Suho, along with Chanyeol had already paid for their presents to Changmin after being picked out.

 

"Where do you want to go next, buddy?" Baekhyun asked him, knowing that it would be his turn to pay for something.

 

Changmin looked around and soon spotted a carousel in the middle on the plaza. He lit up and pointed at it. "I want to go on that!" he cheered.

 

They group of grown-ups followed except for SeYi. "Actually, I need to use the ladies' room and plus, I get dizzy on rides that twirl in circles. You guys go ahead and I'll meet you there."

 

The guys nodded except for Suho. "You guys go." he told the little boy and Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Kai. "I'll SeYi."

 

Kyungsoo chuckled. "As expected."

 

The 5 left to wait in the line for the carousel while Suho and SeYi turned the other way to find the restrooms.

 

Once they found one, Suho waited outside until SeYi finished her business. Then soon, they switched places. SeYi waited outside until Suho finished his business. As SeYi waited, her eyes wandered off to the windows of the mall stores. Noticing a pretty and simple pink dress that flowed down to the knees and sleeves that covered only to the shoulders. It was simple, yet so admirable. The store was right next to the restrooms so Suho wouldn't mind if she visited the window, right?

 

SeYi approached the window and admired everything about the piece of fabric except for the price. It was almost $40 and only for that simple dress. Her heart dropped. She didn't have that kind of money and she would never force anybody to buy it for her. The hospital bills were expensive enough.

 

Right when she was about to leave the clear glass of the shop, a hand quickly knitted itself into hers in split seconds. She looked up to see who it was, realising that it was none other than her brightly smiling boyfriend.

 

She smiled back and looked down before heading away from the shop, but for some reason, the body to the hand she was holding onto didn't move from its spot. She glanced back at him, confused. He only grinned.

 

"Well? Aren't you going in?" He smirked and pulled her inside the shop at which sold the dress she continuously admired.

 

Suho took the similar dress from the hanger rack in SeYi's exact size, rushing it to the counter before SeYi could object. In seconds, Suho simply swiped his card and the dress was automatically sold.

 

He took the dress inside a neat paper bag and held onto it until they reached the outside of the shop again.

 

He dragged her out until he turned to face her, handing her the paper bag which held the $40 dress.

 

"Suho... What was that?" SeYi whimpered in complaint.

 

"Don't scold me, SeYi... I know you wanted that dress. I saw you staring at it for minutes after I got out of the restroom."

 

"But don't you know how expens-"

 

"Don't worry, SeYi. Why don't you just imagine that... We have all the money in the world."

 

SeYi glanced at the bag and remembered how much she liked the dress. "It was a pretty dress."

 

Suho grinned joyfully and forced the bag into SeYi's other hand. "It it'll look even prettier on a beautiful girl like you."

 

SeYi felt her lips curl up unconsciously.

 

Suho continued, "It was my money anyway. There's plenty more where that came from."

 

"Are you sure you're okay with it?" SeYi asked.

 

Suho let go of her hand that he was holding and threw his arm around her shoulders swiftly. "$40 is nothing. I would spent a thousand dollars on you any day."

 

SeYi rolled her eyes at how corny Suho was acting but couldn't help to feel her cheeks burn. The two continued to walk until they met up with the gang and proceeded Changmin's birthday shopping.

 

~

 

15 minutes later.

 

Kyungsoo was the last one to spend his money. He followed Changmin around the very last store they could think of. SeYi walked between Suho and Baekhyun. Suho walked in front of her while Baekhyun was behind her. While the group kept following Changmin, Baekhyun suddenly tapped SeYi's shoulder. She turned to him, casually.

 

"SeYi-ah, can you come with me somewhere?" he asked her anxiously in a whisper voice.

 

"Where?"

 

"Chanyeol won't go with me to buy more eyeliner, but my supply is dramatically low. We won't stay for long, I promise. We'll be back before Suho throws a tantrum."

 

SeYi grinned and agreed to do it just as long as they don't take a long time. Baekhyun cheered and the two of them silently left the group and the store.

 

~

 

SeYi's POV

 

 

 

I hope we'll be back before the gang starts to worry, but of course, Baekhyun has to have his eyeliner. He brought me with him to the cosmetic store not too far from the store that the group was in. I waited for Baekhyun near the cashier counter as he wandered around the eyeliner section. I waited for 5 minutes, being patient since this is actually a fraction of how much time Baekhyun spends to buy new eyeliner.

 

I waited a bit longer until I felt a sharp pain in my chest, thinking that it would disappear if I waited a bit, I endured the pain. But the pain only became more unbearable every second. I winced in pain quietly, not wanting to attract attention to myself or stop Baekhyun from picking out his beloved eyeliner. I clutched at my chest in agony, experiencing a difficulty in breathing and catching my breath. Soon, Baekhyun showed up beside me, smiling brightly as he showed me his newly bought cosmetics.

 

"Thanks for coming here with me, SeYi. Look, I bought one for myself and for Taeyeon too. Do you think she'll like- SeYi?" Shortly, he noticed my uneasy condition.

 

I gasped for air and nearly fell to the floor as my chest became more and more painful. Baekhyun caught me before my body could mert the ground.

 

"SeYi??!! What's happening?! Hold on, I'll call for help." He was about to run for help, but I grabbed his arm with my free hand.

 

I shook my head and forced myself to catch more oxygen into my lungs. "I'm fine..." I struggled to let out.

 

"No, SeYi... You're not. What's happening to you? Should I run to get Suho?"

 

I shook my head even more desperately. "No, no no..." I forced myself to take in a string of deep breaths as I tightly held onto Baekhyun's shoulder. Soon, the pain in my chest decreased and I regained my strength and breath. My breathing eventually became normal and the pain in my chest gradually disappeared.

 

"What in the world, SeYi... What's happened? Are you alright?"

 

I gulped and nodded weakly.

 

Baekhyun then embraced my shoulders to support me and led me out of the store.

 

We walked slowly back to the store where the group was supposed to be.

 

"We should get you to the hospital after this. They're done shopping anyway. Suho will take you-"

 

"We can't..."

 

"What?"

 

I stopped walking and Baekhyun faced me.

 

"SeYi... What I saw back there makes it pretty obvious that something's going on."

 

"I know." I hung my head.

 

"What happened? Is something wrong? Are you hurt anywhere?"

 

".... I'm.... I'm sick, Baekhyun... And its much bigger than a simple cold or flu."

 

Baekhyun kept listening.

 

"Its a sickness that I couldn't prevent myself from getting." I felt my eyes water as I thought about my condition. "My parents... If they didn't die in that car accident... They would've died of this same sickness..." A tear fell onto my hand. "Both of my parents had this sickness... And a year after they died... I found out that I have it too..."

 

Baekhyun waited for me to finish.

 

"I have Heart Disease." I finally confessed, causing Baekhyun to end up in a state of shock. It took him time to process and I used that time to wipe my tears.

 

"D- Does Suho know?" He asked.

 

I immediately shook my head and grabbed Baekhyun's arms, "Baekhyun, please don't tell him. He can't know about this yet. Please, please don't tell him."

 

Baekhyun looked at me with concerned eyes. "Does anybody know?"

 

I shook my head. "No one else knows about this.... You can tell the guys later on, just not Suho. Just don't tell Suho about this. I'm begging you."

 

"SeYi... I don't know if you've noticed, but you're everything to Suho. If there was one person in this world that deserved to know about your sickness, it would be Suho."

 

"I know... That's why I'll be the one to tell him. Once the time is right, I promise I'll tell him myself."

 

Baekhyun sighed and nodded vaguely.

 

Almost instantly after, we heard a familiar voice yell, "There they are!!!" It was obvious that the voice belonged to Chanyeol due to the deep tone.

 

The group rushed over to us but the quickest pace was from the one and only, Suho. As soon as they reached us, Suho immediately clung his hands onto my shoulders and started examining me for anything wrong.

 

"SeYi-ah! Are you okay? Where the heck did you go?!! Why didn't you tell me?!" He interrogated me without end, but all I could see were his eyes full of concern and worry. And all I thought about was how much worry I would cast upon him the day he would've found out about my sickness.

 

"I'm sorry..." Was all I could say to him. I'm sorry for hiding things from you, Suho. I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble only because you care for me. I'm sorry.

 

Suho just sighed and pulled me into a hug to put him at ease. "You have to always tell me where you are alright? What if we couldn't find you? Don't you think I would go nuts?!" He hugged tighter and I brought my hands up to hug him back just as tight to feel his warmth.

 

"I'm sorry..." I repeated.

 

 

 

I'm sorry.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON SEYI'S HEART DISEASE:

The character in this story, Min SeYi, is a sickness called 'Coronary Heart Disease' which is a disease that affects her major blood vessels. The effects that Coronary Heart Disease has includes blockage of those blood vessels through blood clots. These blood clots will interrupt the flow of the blood in her vessels and prevent the proper supply of blood from entering parts of her body including her heart. These clots cause heart attacks and if sever enough can cause which lead to death. Stree, exertion, and excitement can act as trigger for a heart attack. Family history of heart disease can increase the risk of heart disease of both men and women at earlier ages.

 

How are you, my beautiful fairies?

So you found something important today as you read this chapter. It was sort of a boring chapter, in my opinion.

You can see my attempted fluff within the story... I apologize for my weaknesses in fluffy writing.

 

As always, please let me know your opinion in the comments below and tell me how the story is going for you. Again, Thank you all so much for reading. I hope you're not getting bored and please expect more in the future because this story isn't even close to being done! I love all of you! Stay healthy and stay beautiful! Saranghaeyo <333