oo8

Swear To Me

Chapter 8:

 

 

 

Suho's POV

 

 

 

How could I relax? She's taking this so lightly! How can anybody relax in this type of situation???

 

Kai brought SeYi into Changmin's room while I was left to sit outside and think things through.

 

Wait, hold up... Act as Changmin's father??? Date SeYi??? My best friend?

 

 

 

I love Changmin and all... I love Changmin probably as much as Sehun did, as a real son. And SeYi? Speaking the truth, she's my life. I would do anything and everything for her.

 

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

 

 

3rd year of College.

 

 

 

SeYi should be out of class by now... Why isn't she coming out?

 

I waited patiently outside of SeYi's classroom. I peeked inside, seeing her rushing out. As she was jogging out, she noticed me waiting.

 

"Suho!" She stopped as she held her books in one hand. "You were waiting for me..."

 

I chuckled. "Don't I always?"

 

SeYi smiled beautifully just like every day. She gestured to the door and we started walking out together.

 

"So why did you come out late? From the SeYi I know, you always come out first." I told her.

 

"I had to talk to the teacher about my grades." She responded.

 

"Why? Are they bad?"

 

"No! They're acceptable..."

 

I let out a giggle and hid my hands in my pocket. "Study hard, SeYi. Smart girls attract smart guys... Most of the time. Don't date any stupid guys either!"

 

She smirked and looked down to the ground before looking back up to me. "Would you like me, Suho?"

 

I stayed silent. Does silence mean 'yes'? Should I try to avoid the question? Crap.

 

I glanced at her smiling and waiting for my answer.

 

"I think I'll pass, Dongsaeng..." I joked, pushing her face away from me jokingly.

 

She made a poker face and rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

Now my real answer, in my mind? "Who wouldn't?"

 

Yes.

 

Of course.

 

Definitely.

 

I do like you.

 

 

 

If I already didn't know all she's been through, her parents passing away and her lack of supportive relatives, I would've starting flirting with her long ago. She now sees me as her older brother, her best friend, her Guardian Angel.

 

"Hey, uhh SeYi..." I spoke up from next to her.

 

"Mhmm?"

 

"It’s Friday night... So what about I take you to dinner?"

 

"Ooooh~ so unlike you to take me to dinner, Suho. Since it's a rare occasion, sure. I'll have dinner with you."

 

I smiled sheepishly, but tried to hide it the best I could.

 

"So what time are we going out?" she asked.

 

"6:15?"

 

She nodded. "Deal!"

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

7:01 pm

 

 

 

SeYi sat across from me at the table which held a mini grill in between us.

 

She was first to start filling up her plate and I just watched her, smirking.

 

"I thought you would take me to a fancy restaurant, Suho." She started, "I guess your style is cheap."

 

I scoffed, "I would've taken you to a nice and expensive restaurant, but that's not your style. You would choose Korean barbecue over Italian pasta any day."

 

SeYi giggled in agreement. "You know me too well..."

 

Time passed by quickly with only smiles, laughter, and tears of laughter.

 

Before dinner was finished, my voice softened to a point where our conversations became serious.

 

"SeYi..."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"I have something to tell you..."

 

"I do too..."

 

"Oh really? Then you first." I suggested.

 

"Suho, you're not going to believe me but..."

 

I listened intently.

 

"You know that new guy that attends Economy? Oh Sehun?"

 

"Yeah... What about him?"

 

"We pass by each other sometimes after class and we started talking more too."

 

"..."

 

"He took me out for bubble tea one day after a lecture, the day you had to leave early to spend time with your friends."

 

"And...."

 

"He told me he likes me."

 

I froze internally and externally.

 

"And Suho... I like him back."

 

My heart felt like it sank to my stomach and my chest seemed heavier than ever.

 

SeYi grabbed my hand from across the table and smiled hopefully. "I can't believe this is happening."

 

I stayed silent, but sobbed inside. "..."

 

"Suho? Why aren't you answering? Are you hurting anywhere?"

 

I forced myself to stutter out a few words. "A- are you happy? Does he make you happy?"

 

She nodded.

 

"What kind of a guy is he? Does he get good grades? Can he take care of you?"

 

SeYi smiled again. "I'll introduce you to him."

 

"You'll have to obtain my permission before you start dating him, alright? I don't want him playing around and breaking your heart, got it?"

 

She smiled wider and nodded. "So... What was it that you wanted to tell me?"

 

I shook my head in disappointment. "Nothing important." I gestured at the food. "Go on... Eat more."

 

 

 

What was it that I wanted to tell you, SeYi? *I like you. I liked you ever since we met. Despite your struggles, your flaws, and imperfections... You're the only girl I see. And I promise that if I were ever to actually have your heart, I would protect it, care for it, love it more than you can imagine. But... You love somebody else... So just as long as you're happy, I will be as well. Just keep me beside you.... Because I don't want to leave.*

 

 

 

I like you, SeYi. I like you.

 

 

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

 

I grabbed at my hair and groaned in frustration. Never. Never have I ever stopped loving her. And I never will, but she's acting as if loving me back is easy. She shouldn't be forcing herself like this. Sehun's death is already so much to process, now she's forcing herself to start seeing somebody else.

 

But then again, this is for Changmin's health and future.

 

It's for Changmin.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Sehun's POV

 

 

 

"Aerra~ What the hell!" I shouted with an aching face.

 

Just like every day, Aerra throws something at me whenever she needs attention. I massaged my whole face after a slipper took a strike to my features.

 

Aerra seemed to be extremely frustrated at me, knowing that there was a throw pillow next to her and that she would've thrown that.

 

"What are you doing that's so important anyways???" She yelled at me.

 

"I'm trying to contact Kris, but he's not picking up. His phone is off."

 

"Well, if the man's phone is off, it means he wants to be alone. FREAKIN LEAVE HIM ALONE!"

 

"I can't! He knows what's going on in Seoul right now!"

 

"Why do you want to know about what's happening in Seoul? We're in Jeju~!"

 

"Because my wife and my son are there..."

 

Aerra made the nastiest glare at me before throwing her other slipper, which would've bruised my shoulder. I held it and winced in pain.

 

"Sehun! You said nothing else mattered anymore! You said that we would have nothing else to worry about, now that we're alone her in Jeju!"

 

"I just wanted to know how they were doing."

 

"Why?! I'm your family now! I'm your family! Not them! They know you're dead and never coming back. Forget about them Sehun for you can forget about me." Aerra gambled.

 

I sighed heavily and walked over to her, leaving my phone behind. I sat beside her and hugged her tightly. "You're right. They're the past. I shouldn't think about them anymore." I rested my chin on her shoulder. "I'm sorry. I won't do it again. Do you forgive me?"

 

Aerra face the other direction, avoiding eye contact.

 

"I'll think about it." she coldly replied.

 

"What else do I need to do???"

 

"..."

 

I leaned in closer to her. "Sooo? Do you want me to kiss you? Hug you? What do you want me to do?"

 

"Get lost Sehun. I'm not in the mood anymore."

 

She stood up at tried to walk away. I pouted but then pulled her waist back to the sofa with me.

 

"Sehun, let go."

 

"No!" I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

 

"Sehun!"

 

"Aerra~" I sang, making jer even more irritated with me.

 

"Oh Sehun!"

 

"Song Aerra~"

 

"Stop!"

 

I stopped.

 

She sighed.

 

But then a scream from followed after my fingers tickled her sides.

 

"OMG~ SEHUN STOP! STOP!" She screamed between laughs and cries.

 

"Do you forgive me now???"

 

"If I do, will you stop tickling me?"

 

"Yes."

 

"OKAY! I FORGIVE YOU!"

 

 

 

Immediately, the tickling ceased and she laid beside me in exhaustion. I managed to kiss her quickly.

 

"Love you."

 

"Get lost, Sehun."

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Narrator's POV

 

 

 

"Changmin, honey..." SeYi called out to her son a few minutes after Suho came in and agreed to do it.

 

"Yes, mommy?" Changmin lifted his head after finishing his last bite of Kyungsoo's food.

 

"You said you wanted to meet your daddy, right?"

 

Changmin nodded, anticipating.

 

Suho walked over to the two while the 4 guys watching questioned silently.

 

"Does he look familiar to you?" SeYi asked Changmin, referring to Suho.

 

The little boy nodded, "I remember him playing with me at home too and having dinner with us a lot."

 

"Do you know his name?"

 

"No."

 

"Well you don't need to know his name until later." SeYi told him.

 

"Why?"

 

"He's your daddy."

 

 

 

All 4 of the guys' jaws dropped as far as they possibly could.

 

Suho smiled at Changmin brightly and ran his fingers through his hair. "We can play more when we get back home. Do you want to do that?" He asked the little one.

 

The boy nodded happily and opened his arms for a hug. Suho took the honor to hug him tightly as the other hugged back.

 

"I'm sorry for forgetting you, daddy. I'll never forget you again."

 

 

 

SeYi and the guys watched the joyful moment in awe. However, for the guys, more like shock and disbelief. SeYi and Suho explained everything to them once Changmin fell asleep in his bed. Fortunately, they all supported the two for the sake of a bright future.

 

 

 

SeYi and Suho returned to her room before she was to go to sleep.

 

"SeYi..." Suho called out, tucking her into bed since he insisted.

 

"Mhmm?"

 

"As in seeing each other... Do you mean-" he was interrupted.

 

"Yes, Suho... Dating. Holding hands, hugging, dates, cheesy lines, I-love-you's, kissing, everything."

 

The man was taken aback. "But SeYi, it's too early. I even bet that you're only forcing yourself to do this."

 

"I may be forcing myself to do this, Suho... But you can't expect me to forever mourn over Sehun. Yes, I love him and I miss him so much that I feel like I'm being suffocated. But the quicker I move on, the better things will be. I want to move on, Suho. Please help me."

 

Suho looked into her eyes. "..."

 

"We don't have to move fast in dating. I'll show when I'm ready." SeYi closed off.

 

Suho nodded, giving in.

 

The younger one grinned and wished him goodnight. "Thanks for today, Suho. Good night."

 

"Good night, SeYi. See you tomorrow."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

This chapter was extremely boring. I AM SO SORRY.

I know a lot of you expected better. I'm also sorry for updating a few hours late. I usually update on Wednesdays & Sundays PST.

I promise that chapters will get better and cuter and brighter and MUCH MUCH more interesting than this crap.

 

How do you feel about Suho, guys???

 

Again, thank you so much for reading! I PROMISE that things wil get more interesting in this story and much more happier for everybody! I love all of you sooo much! Please comment below and tell me your opinion on the story. I always reply back to all of you beautiful people. Also stay tuned and stay awesome! Have a wonderful day :)