003: A Lonely Prince

My Dear Evil Twin Brother
Please log in to read the full chapter

You are the Sun that brighten the world, give warmth to the world.

I am the Moon that only shine through your warmth as you rest.

Even when you think you're alone, just remember that I will always by your side.

 

~Jungkook~

 

  I made my way into the thick forest to a route I barely remembered. It was a long time ago when I set this path with someone and we both were sneaking out from the castle from the royal guards.

 

  Everything were different from my memories. The grass grew taller, trees stood more higher, pebbles and boulders had moved, but the soil below me still felt familiar.

 

  People rarely went inside through the forest due to its infamous danger. However, I would able to identify the hooves of a horse, probably Fallen itself. I fasten my pace when I did.

 

 

 

  I arrived at a coast at the edge of the forest. The sound of waves and the salty smell of the sea welcomed my senses.

 

  If I had gone more towards the East, I would reach to a small port city. There was also an abandoned convent owned by the wealthy merchant of Elderwoods, Donghyuk Shin. But at that time, that wasn't my objective as why I was there.

 

  At the border that separates the ground and sand, I found a caramel coloured horse with white mane eating casually the grass below him. No suspicion it was Fallen. I walked towards the horse, but it didn't greet me whatsoever. He would only respond to Taehyung, such loyal horse indeed.

 

 

 

  I looked beyond the shore, at the sea horizon where the sun was about to set slowly to welcome night. The sky bloomed of beautiful orange twilight, and in the twilight sat the lone prince, who was suppose to be celebrating his birthday, sitting on the sand, knees close to his chest.

 

  I stood behind him, he didn't seem to notice my presense yet.

 

  "Prince Taehyung...Your Highness."

 

  I saw his shoulder tensed up as I spoke. His spun his head around in alert, but calmed down when he saw me.

 

  "Oh Jungkook...it's just you. How unexpected. Guess you found me," Taehyung's voice was monotone, "How did you know this place?"

 

  I approached him without replying his question, "Sir Namjoon is worried about you."

 

  "...He should be," Taehyung's expression was grim. I assumed that he ran from the castle because his quarrel with Namjoon the day before, "His head will roll if I don't go back for my birthday ball. How distressing."

 

  I felt no emotions on his words, but that's just him, an emotionless person. He and Namjoon weren't in a good relationship to begin with.

 

  Namjoon focused more to the importance of the people in the kingdom and make sure they receive the care they deserve; Prince Taehyung was preventing that. Both of them despised each other.

 

  And Prince Taehyung, the succesor heir of the previous monarch King Sohyun with no doubt could easily order the decapitation of Namjoon. It was only of one sole reason that preventing him to do so, is that Namjoon was one of the legendary 'Three Heroes'.

 

  The Three Heroes are the devoted warriors and loyalist to the Luciefeya and King Sohyun. They we

Please log in to read the full chapter