002: The Lost Birthday Prince

My Dear Evil Twin Brother
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Surrounded by hordes of people, yet he was alone.

So let me accompany you, so you won't have to be alone.

 

 

  "Oh, it's tea time."

 

  Jungkook found himself mumbling those word when the church of Lavency rang thrice. He smiled at the thought of the prince that would said those words in glee, such lovely sight...

 

 

  He was cleaning with another maid named Wendy. Given the task by Joohyun, both of them along with all the maids and servant since morning for the Crown Prince sixteenth's birthday party. All the guest from all over Wienglied came just to celebrate the young boy's birthday.

 

  They were cleaning the Heavenly Yard of Luciefeya, the largest garden found in Luciefeya. Previously was just a forest town named Grelia, late King Soohyun has claimed the land and turned it to his kingdom's garden. Hence, the name Heavenly Yard as an afterlife of Grelia.

 

  The open space was filled with all kind of flora, with trees and flowers. Statues and fountains could also be seen just to show the kingdom's properity. The yard was known for its beauty across Wienglied and the display of Luciefeya's dynasty power.

 

 

  Simply, the yard was too huge for 50 maids and servant to clean.

 

 

  Both of them were cleaning side by side near a fountain. Both of them were talking as they did their work. This reminded Jungkook about their childhood memory. They had been friend since they were young and Wendy was talking comfortably to him.

 

  She was complaining quietly as why she was cleaning. To Jungkook opinion, he should be the one complaining. His job was to serve the prince but due to Wendy careless force, she would break the tableware or rip the cloth. He was just there to supervise her as instructed by Joohyun.

 

  "Jungkook!" Wendy shouted all of the sudden. Jungkook jolted in surprise. He rushed towards the girl.

 

  "What!? Did you break another tile?" Jungkook asked.

 

  "What do you mean another tile?"

 

  "..."

 

  "..."

 

  "..."

 

  "...Fine, I didn't, well a little crack...That's not what I'm going to say! Did you bring His Royal Highness' tea?" Wendy asked in worry.

 

  "Yeri and I already exchanged to serve the prince. I figured that we won't finish cleaning by 3," Jungkook said to assured Wendy to not worry.

 

  Yeri was another maid specialized for the prince. While doing work, her hands and feet are more dilegent and the prince grew liking of her when she serve him.

 

 

 

  Jungkook continued to sweep the floor near the fountain as he hear Wendy complained more on her job.

 

  "God! Why do we have to clean until shiny? The guest won't even see the dirt in nighttime," was one of her complains.

 

  "But if Joohyun and Minister Minwoo want them really clean, we have to follow as ordered. We wouldn't show to the guest that we're a dirty kingdom," the servant replied boredly.

 

 

 

  "Hey kids~ Working hard?" a deep voice sounded in the yard. Jungkook diverted his gaze to a man in red armor that was few metres away. He went in front of Jungkook and smiled.

 

  "Having a hard time being a servant, Jungkook?"

 

  "Compare to Captain Namjoon as the Head of Guards, this is nothing, Namjoon," the boy replied.

 

  "Ah~~Still callling me by my name. You can call me 'dad' anytime since we live together,"

 

  "B-But I'm used to call that,"

 

 

  Jungkook's father scratched his head. Namjoon looked at him to say 'don't take me literally'. Jungkook looked at his foster father, he felt like he shouldn't be associated with one of the honourable 'Three Heroes'.

 

 

 

  "Why if it isn't Namjoon...What bought you here? To steal more wine from the wine chamber?" Wendy joined the conversation, he voice had a tiny bit exasperation. She was close enough with Namjoon to address him freely anyway.

 

  "What are you saying, Wendy? I'm here as my duty as the Head of The Royal Guards for today. Beside, I've been resisting alcohol lately," Namjoon proudly said. Both Jungkook's and Wendy's eyes widen at the sentence where Namjoon was tolerating alcohol. To both of their amusement, Namjoon never spent a night without alcohol, so the statement was quite shocking.

 

 

  "So how's Seokjin? It has been long I've heard of him," Jungkook asked Namjoon about his brother condition.

 

  "Oh! That boy...he has been creating ruckus with a group of bandits,"

 

  "Did he won?" Curiousity was in Jungkook's voice.

 

  "Not only did he won, he didn't even get any single scratch on his body and pretty face! I swear that boy is getting more competitive that no girls want to marry him," he sighed while thinking about his other son. "At least he is doing it fo

Please log in to read the full chapter