Fanfiction: Hae-ri Poh-tuh

Genesis (Volume 02)

She had spent seven years flying

And even longer with magic,

Now with time slipping,

She must travel her path and pick.

Set in ß Korean Branch of Hogwarts (ø)

...xXx...

"Oops. Careful," a girl warned, steadying a first-year by her shoulder. The younger looked behind herself, finding a female only slightly taller but with a slight amused smile and long hair parted to the side. 

"Oh thank you," she replied, taking a step back. The stranger took her by the wrist and placed something in her palm - a wrapped piece of strawberry candy.

"Don't be nervous. It's just Hogwarts," the elder promised with an almost secretive wink. "It'll be a magical year."

With that, she walked away, leaving the first-year to whisper enthusiastically together with her friend.

"Already having the students swoon Sooyeon?" a familiar voice teased, a hand clasping her shoulder briefly. "You shouldn't try so hard."

"She doesn't have to. She's naturally kind," another voice interrupted, an arm looping around hers naturally. "You should try it Blondie."

"Don't fight this early in the morning you two," the female warned, her voice amused. "There's nothing wrong with helping others Youngjae, especially considering you're a Prefect. And Hyunseung, it's nice to see you too."

"Not just nice, it's great to see you," Hyunseung declared, leaning down slightly to give her a peck on the cheek. The two males exchanged a fierce glance, one that she couldn't quite decipher beyond mutual dislike but...

"Aren't you two getting along well," she teased, two pairs of eyes snapping to her as she had wanted. "Don't scare the first years. The Quidditch team needs a new Seeker after all."

Youngjae was the first to recover from her comment, rolling his eyes.

"It's not as if that's important," he declared, brushing his hair - blonde after a potions accident in the third year and deciding yellow suited him - away from his forehead. 

"You're saying that because you aren't a part of the team Quidditch stupid," Sooyeon reminded, smirking. "Need I remind you of First Year Flying?"

"I remember," Hyunseung offered with a seemingly innocent smile. "It was where he fell off his broom within seconds while Sooyeon was recruited into practices early on." 

"Yeah yeah. No one could be perfect and flying is my weakness. Good thing too, otherwise you'd be begging for me to be on the team," Youngjae retorted.

"As what?" Sooyeon asked dryly as they approached the Grand Hall.

"Anything," Youngjae declared smugly.

"So you say," Hyunseung stated politically before smirking. "But I'm pretty sure you just wish you could be in the air with her. Like me."

Youngjae spluttered, words tangled together, before he muttered something under his breath and stomped off, taking a seat first. 

"We'll let him cool off," Sooyeon whispered to Hyunseung, steering him to seats close but not beside where Youngjae sat. Hyunseung nodded, immediately leaning against her shoulder and drifting off.

-oOo-

"Honestly Hyunseung. You can't sleep all the time," Sooyeon scolded, frowning worriedly at the male as they headed to Potions. "People are going to think you can't live without me."

"And if it was true?" he asked, leaning forward so that his arms wrapped around her neck and he could rest his forehead on hers. 

"But it isn't," she replied immediately, sighing. "We'll continue this later. To your seat Hyunseung. You wouldn't want Mr. Kim to assign you detention with Youngjae. Again."

He huffed but reluctantly released her.

"So loving in the morning?" a familiar voice teased as a notebook fell to the table beside her. 

"Well it is a lovely morning; thank you for noticing Sunhwa," Sooyeon teased as a pretty, smiling girl took the seat beside her. 

"Not what I meant," Sunhwa pointed out, glancing at Hyunseung who was seated two rows in front of them. 

"But it is what I meant," Sooyeon replied, pulling out a textbook and opening it to a certain page between the two. "Practiced any potions over the summer?"

"Without you to save the concoction? No," Sunhwa answered, chuckling and accepting the subject change. "How was your break?"

"Just some part-time work. I'm glad to be back though. I enjoy my time at Hogwarts," Sooyeon explained, smiling.

"Since you enjoy it so much, why don't you name three of the ingredients to an Antidote to Uncommon Poisons," an irritated voice interrupted, eyes immediately swiveling to the front of the classroom. 

"Good morning Professor Kim," Sooyeon greeted, smiling serenely. "An Antidote to Common Poisons is made with fire seed, powdered graphorn horn, and chizpurfle carapaces."

"Correct," Professor Kim grumbled, sighing. "Five points to Slytherin. It's nice to see that someone hasn't lost their touch after a summer."

"I try Professor," Sooyeon rejoindered, eyes sparkling.

-oOo-

"Sooyeon!" a high-pitched voice greeted from behind, the female turning around just in time to be tackled in an enthusiastic hug.

"Good to see you too Eunji," Sooyeon agreed, chuckling. The two walked down the corridors together, earning a few curious glances. "Heading to Potions? Professor Kim is in a bad mood."

"Thanks for the warning," the girl stated, sighing. "Not my best subject but hopefully I'll be fine."

"You will be. Tell Daniel that I won't be able to go to the library today?" Sooyeon requested, smiling.

"Sure. Quidditch tryouts?" Eunji guessed, making a motion with her hands. "Maybe this year your team can beat us."

"Don't be too overconfident Ms. Beater," Sooyeon teased, bumping shoulders with the girl. "We're only missing a seeker."

"And we're missing a keeper," Eunji countered, smirking. "May the best team win."

She left then, waving enthusiastically before catching up to another one of her friends. 

"So much energy," Sooyeon mumbled to herself, chuckling. Someone tapped her shoulder and she turned to look, eyes meeting the girl's - the same girl who she had saved on the first day and had been sorted into Slytherin. 

"Excuse me. You're a part of the Quidditch team, right?" the girl questioned nervously.

"The captain and the keeper; that's me," Sooyeon answered. "Was there something you needed?"

"Am I allowed to watch the team practice?" she asked, chewing on her bottom lip. "I mean, I want to try out next year so I thought it wouldn't hurt to watch sometimes."

"We don't have a match today but come on. You can watch the tryouts," Sooyeon urged, the left side of her lips quirking upward. "Come on. It's this way."

...xXx...

Author's Note: The character was created for an apply fic that I was accepted to. You can find the character information here. Please do not plagiarize anything.

Below are notes on the world of Hogwarts to assist in my writing without having to consult the internet or the books consistently. 
There have been edits made to fit this storyline which takes place in a Korean branch of Hogwarts (not part of the apply fic).
This is the only chapter of this fanfiction to be written because I just wanted to imagine Sooyeon's relationship with her friends and love interests better.
I didn't realize how much extra work I did until the end but that's not necessarily a bad thing, right?
For those disappointed, I'm planning an actual Hogwarts chapter after this one so look forward to that.

Houses:

Gryffindor 

Head: Park Boyoung

Scarlet + Gold = Lion (Fire)

Slytherin 

Head: Kim Soohyun

Green + Silver = Serpant (Water)

Ravenclaw 

Head: Jun Jihyun

Blue + Bronze = Eagle (Air)

Hufflepuff 

Head: Song Joongki

Yellow + Black = Badger (Earth)

Staff Members: (Korean actors + actresses)

Headmaster Park Joongyu

Caretaker Kim Hyunjoo

Nurse Choi Daniel

Astronomy Professor Jun Jihyun

Charms Professor Yoon Eunhye

Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor Park Boyoung

Herbology Professor Song Joongki

History of Magic Professor Lee Minho

Potions Professor Kim Jonggook

Transfiguration Professor Kim Soohyun

Alchemy Professor Kim Jonggook

Apparition Professor Cha Taehyun

Arithmancy Professor Kim Bum

Care of Magical Creatures Professor Kim Soeun

Divination Professor Kim Bum

Muggle Studies Professor Jun Jihyun

Study of Ancient Runes Professor Kim Soohyun

Ancient Studies Professor Lee Minho

Art Supervisor Kim Woobin

Frog Choir Supervisor Kim Soeun

Ghoul Studies Professor Park Boyoung

Magical Theory Professor Cha Taehyun

Muggle Art Supervisor Kim Woobin

Music Supervisor Choi Seunghyun

Muggle Music Supervisor Choi Seunghyun

Orchestra Conductor Choi Seunghyun

Xylomancy Professor Kim Bum

Quidditch:

Keeper (1) prevent other Chasers from scoring 

Chasers (3) coordinate Quaffle into hoops for 10 points each

Beaters (2) beat Bludgers from teammates to opponents

Seeker (1) catch Golden Snitch for 150 points and game end