Fanfiction: Fairy Tail 01 - Incomplete

Genesis (Volume 02)

A cacophony in the air,

A smile on your face,

A shard of glass in your hair

From the broken vase.

Set in ß Land of Fiore (ø)

...xXx...

She looks up and blinks.

"Where'd the guild go?" she asks, looking around. There is no one present to answer her. 

-oOo-

"This is my family."

Dragonslayers

A group of them is known as a weyr (or a flight). Although they can be solitary and live alone, they have an internal hierarchy when they do get together and are fiercely loyal. Each of them have dragon-like tendencies including the inability to tolerate transportation (though the severity varies from person to person) and their possessive streaks. Each one has a "hoard" of its own and though it's rare to see dragons share between hoards, it's common for other dragons to rally to the protection of another dragon's hoard (which yes, can include other dragons / people). Dragons are highly honor bound and a dragon that steals, breaks the dragon code, and / or does anything not considered "dragon-like," is no longer a dragon. 

As stated before, though they can be alone, a group of dragons that choose to live together is known as a Nest. Each is headed by a Drake, a head dragon so to speak, who is honor-bound to protect and ensure order within the weyr. (This does not mean all weyrs are the same as some Drake's enforce different rules but still maintain the dragon code of conduct.) The Drake tends to have advisors known as Elders. Those directly under the Drake are known as Drako. Young are known as Nestlings while others within the hierarchy can be generally referred to as Drakon. 

Insult-wise, being called a Lizard is an absolute insult which insinuates the loss of intelligence and knowledge - of being a bad dragonslayer in other words. Being called another animal hints that the one being called is not acting like a dragon, another ultimate insult but also a sort of curse. Calling someone Hatchling states that they are below you but also implies that it's at least out of ignorance or inexperience and is a mild insult in comparison to some others. Depending on who it is used towards and who is using it, it can also be a term of endearment / teasing. 

Inspirations: Fairy Tail, this fanfictionDealing with Dragons by Patricia Wrede

Fiore

Jewels 
The form of currency in Fiore. About 100 Jewels is approximately 1 USD. 

Drago Knights

Emblem
Colored in white, the Drago Knights' (sometimes called the Dragonights) symbol is of a simple dragon curled around and touching its own tail with its wings outspread behind it. Other details / colors / patterns / etc are the choice and color choice of the wearer. 

Amaya Shizuko 
The guildmaster who is fondly called the "(Honorable) Grandmother" of their Nest, she's the one who first started the Drago Knights and is fiercely protective and proud of how far it has come. Her hoard is the entire guild and everyone in it. She's along in years and actually prefers being solitary but has a soft spot for her daughter and her ever-growing Nest. She's got a hands-off approach to everything and just takes everything into stride, but comes off as rough and tough (which she is on the exterior at least). Sky Dragon Slayer Magic is actually more suited for healing, enhancing, and debuffs, but that hasn't stopped her from becoming one of the most powerful dragon slayers of her time. She is the Nest's Elder. 
Magic: Sky Dragon Slayer
Symbol: shadows of grey - left cheek

Yukimura Mizuki 
Present since the creation of the guild, she is the guildmaster's daughter and a proud Letter Magic Mage, though her specialty lies in Solid Script magic. Her Sky Dragon Slayer magic is rather weak as she, for some reason, inherited her father's magic more. However, that does not mean she doesn't have any at all. Compared to her mother, she's more social (but honestly, that's not saying much). She is affectionately and teasingly called the "Mother" of the entire guild (and Nest) and she is included in every single hoard of the dragon slayers somehow. (Probably has to do with the lack of and how she was the one to reach out to each dragon slayer since her mother was too stand-offish.) She's considered a Drakon.
Magic: Letter Magic (particularly Solid Script) with secondary Sky Dragon Slayer
Symbol: specially drawn / erased to read guild name - center of back

Fujioka Arisa 
Cheerful and adaptive, she fits into each situation nicely and can be found talking to anyone and everyone. Like the very water she commands, she can be deceptively calm, wildly raging, or refreshingly honest. She is smooth like water and on the more subtle side of the guild, the one who is more political and one of the most prominent reasons their guild hasn't been blacklisted (yet). But behind the scenes, she's a hard worker who has no qualms foregoing sleep to work. She semi-influences the weather in that when she cries, whatever clouds in the sky begin to rain (not that she makes it rain heavily but just rain whatever the sky can). It's actually a good tactic in battles though, and she uses it sparingly because ecosystem. She is the Drake.
Magic: Hydro Dragon Slayer 
Symbol: blue details on wave-like scales - upper right arm

Akamine Yuki 
Nicknamed the "Phoenix" both for her attacks and her distinctive hair color, a nickname which she loathes because she's "a dragon! Not some annoying bird!" she is a fiery spirit with an equally deadly tongue. She tends to take the hardest missions she can with the excuse of "just because" but mostly so she can maintain / improve her skills. She hates waiting the most and can be on the rash and impatient side. Still, she's also openly passionate and acts as the mediator between Drago Knights and other guilds ("and no, it's not because I beat someone from there! It happens once and no one lets it go!"). Fiercly protective, even by dragon / slayer standards, she cares deeply for her Nest and is a Drako. 
Magic: Pyro Dragon Slayer
Symbol: breathing red fire in a way that the flames curl around the body - center of chest

Katagiri Ayame 
With a personality to match the light commands, she's positive, exuberant, and just obviously there. She is, however, not naively happy all the time. She's surprisingly logical and always has a plan, the one who seems to know absolutely everything - whether that be through something she's seen, something she's read, or something she's heard from someone / somewhere else. In contrast to most of the other guild members, Ayame is particularly picky about the missions she takes and only takes the ones she's interested in, no matter the difficulty. She is currently a Drako but doesn't care for the responsibility all that much (mostly the leading part because protecting comes naturally).
Magic: Light Dragon Slayer 
Symbol: a yellow-white shooting star for the eye and the trail following the curve of the body - right thigh

Uchida Kimiko (drako)
Slightly on the negative side but always prepared when things go wrong, she's got a good head on her shoulders and is often honing her skills, just in case of "dark times." 
Magic: Poison Dragon Slayer 
Symbol: sitting in a pool of dark indigo liquid - back of neck

Fujimoto Minami (nestling)
Magic: Flora Dragon Slayer  
Symbol: holding a small green bouquet in its claws - back of left hand

Hirohata Yoko (nestling)
Magic: Shadow Dragon Slayer 
Symbol: outlined in black - left back shoulder

Watanabe Kyo (drakon)
Magic: Chrome Dragon Slayer (Chromium)
Symbol: metal sheen in silver tones - right hip

Last Touched: 27 June 2017