Posession

Still

I quickly jumped off the bed untangling myself from Hanbins hold. I grabbed my clothes off the floor and hurriedly put them back on, Hanbin sat on the edge of the bed lazily, watching me with a put out expression. 

"Miaaaaa!" I heard my Dad's voice call from downstairs, his words were loud and slurred. 

"Wait here" I told Hanbin with a hushed voice as I left my room, he nodded at me as I closed the door behind me. My Dad didn't usually go in my room so keeping Hanbin there for a while shouldn't be too much of a problem, I would just need to sneak him out somehow without him seeing. As I came downstairs I saw my Dad, his eyes were red and he seemed out of it

"What have you been taking" I asked him in shock, I watched as his eyes darted around the room. He seemed on edge and grabbed my arm

"Quick, they're following me" He said with a panicked expression, his left eye twitching slightly in the corners.

"What are you talking about? No ones following you" I replied in annoyance, pulling my arm out of his grip. He let go of me and then sat down with his head in hands. It was then I realised there was someone else in the room. I always hated when my Dad brought other people home. He was a tall man who looked in his mid 30s, he had been pacing up and down the room. He looked rough, his hair overgrown and his skin looking like it hadn't seen a shower in weeks. He stopped when he saw me, he looked me up and down making me feel uneasy. Just looking at him made me feel repulsed for some reason I couldn't quite explain. My Dad was still muttering to himself in the back, worried words leaving his lips, making sentences that didn't quite string together. The strange guy walked towards me, getting too close for comfort, but I kept my ground and stared him right back in the eyes. 

"Who are you?" I asked, not really caring for an answer, I just wanted him out.He smirked at my question but just came closer to me. His disgusting smell reached my nose making my face screw up as I took a step back but my back hit right into the wall behind me. He continued to get closer to me, a look of hunger in his eyes. I was getting worried now, his hand reached over to my waist and I pushed it away but he was stronger than he looked. His touch disgusted me,

"What do you think you're doing!" I spat as I tried to push him away but he didn't budge, his hand moving down to my . That was it, a rush of anger came over me, no way would I let him touch me like this and get away with it. I kicked him hard in the crotch, forcing him to bend over in agony, leaving him in a perfect position for me to knee him in the head. He let out a loud wimper as he hit the floor. But that wasn't enough I grabbed his collar forcing him to look up and was about to punch him square in the face when someone grabbed my wrist. My Dad was looking at my angrily, he had left his crazy world for a second to realise what was happening.

"We don't have time for this! They are coming! I need to get-" He was almost shouting now, but he paused and looked at something on my neck. "What is that?" I brought my hand up to my neck, I couldn't see what it was but I could bet that Hanbin had left a hickey. "And whos car is that outside, do you have someone in your room!?" He was raged at the thought that I had brought some one home.

"Dad! You're being paranoid, no one is after you okay!" I tried to reason with him but he refused to listen. He grabbed me by the collar lifting his hand up to hit me. I closed my eyes as I felt his slap hit my cheek. It took a second, long enough for me to have defended myself if I had wanted but for some reason I was never able to do anything against him. It was almost as if I blamed myself for everything, as if I wasn't enough. After feeling the harsh sting on my skin, I opened my eyes but was shocked to see Hanbin standing at the bottom of the stairs, had he just witnessed this? Anger in his eyes, he walked over to me, twisting my Dad's hand and forcing him to release his grip from me.

"What do you think you're doing!" Hanbin shouted, placing himself between us

"Mia, who is this bastard?!" My Dad shouted at me

The tension between them was unreal, they both stared eachother down, both had fire in their eyes. My Dad looked like he would throw a punch at any second, but his movements were slow in his current state, I wasn't worried about a fight breaking out, but the situation had gotten out of hand, it was a mess. Why did Hanbin have to come down? The strange guy was still crouched on the floor clutching his head, I could see a red lump forming on his forehead.

I heard the sudden skid of tyres outside, I could see light flashing out the window. I looked over to see my Dad's eyes widen with panic.

"They're here! I knew it, they're coming for me!" He starting grabbing his hair and rushed around like a lunatic as if trying to find someplace to hide. Seconds later someone knocked on the door. I stood there in shock as I watched the panicked faces of my Dad and the stranger. Hanbin was the first to react, he walked calmly over to the door and opened it. I peered over his shoulder surprised to see two policeman, I had a pit in my stomach from the thought of what was about to come. This was too much, I never wanted for it to get this far. I felt dizzy, I held on to the wall for support. I heard the police mention my Dad's name but couldn't make out exactly what they were saying. I saw Hanbin turn around and stare at him, the police followed his gaze to the two men in the living room. Without hesitating they entered the house, marching straight passed me. I watched, frozen in shock, as they took out handcuffs and cuffed them both. There was too much shouting, I couldn't handle it, I closed my eyes leaning my head against the wall and covered my ears. From the loud voices that still managed to get through, it sounded as if the police were acussing them for possession of drugs, but there was only more shouting, mainly from my Dad and the stranger who were violently swearing and struggling to get free. I opened my eyes to see them being walked out of the house, their hands cuffed behind their backs.I almost lost my balance as I tried to take a step forward, I leaned back against the wall again and slid down till I was sitting on the floor. I put my head between my knees. I could still hear the shouting outside as they headed into the police car. I listened to my Dads voice yelling till the car door shut on him and the car drove away. It was too quiet now, I concentrated on my uneven breathing. My cheek throbbed, I had been slapped before but for some reason the pain lingered for longer than normal. My cheek felt hot, too hot. No, my whole body was sweating. I jumped at the sound of the front door closing, remembering that Hanbin was still here. I heard his soft footsteps as he walked towards me and crouched down putting a gentle hand on my shoulder. It was only then I realised that I was shaking. He reached over to feel my forehead.

"You're burning up" he said quietly "Come on, you should lie down". He helped me up and held me tightly as I almost stumbled up the stairs. I felt empty, I just let my feet carry me as Hanbin lead me back to my bedroom. I collapsed onto my bed and curled up into a ball. I felt Hanbin's weight as he sat on the edge of the bed and brushed his fingers through my hair. I wished I could feel comfort from his touch but there was nothing.

"You should go" I whispered. I didn't want him to have to see me like this.

"I'm not going anywhere" He replied back as he lied down next to me, he kissed my still throbbing cheek before wrapping his arms around my waist . We lay in silence, I could hear the rhythm of his breathing and tried to match my uneven breaths to his. It calmed me a little, being able to concentrate my mind on something else. I felt a rush of tirdness,  closing my eyes, I let it take over me. 

-----------

I woke up from the light of the sun hitting my eyelids. I to my back rubbing my eyes tiredly. I reached over to the other side of the bed and realised it was empty. I sighed as I sat up, a shiver running down my spine as the memories from the night before flooded back. I hugged my knees tight and closed my eyes for a second taking it all in.

"Hey..." 

 My eyes shot open to see Hanbin standing by the door, he must've been in the bathroom, his face and fringe slightly damp as if he had just washed it. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked, a worried look on his face. He sat on the bed feeling my forehead again. His hand felt cold against my skin. "Your temperatures gone down" he said looking at me with concern. He waited for me to say something but I just sat there in silence, my chin resting on my knees. "You don't have to hold it back" I looked up at him wondering what he meant. "The tears I mean, it's okay if you want to cry in front of me". To be honest, I did want to cry but I knew if I let myself I wouldn't be able to stop.

"No" I said with a weak voice "I don't want to cry over him" I wouldn't let myself. I should be glad that he was out of my life now, but why was I still feeling like this, like I had lost something. I needed to pull myself together, to put all of this behind me once and for all. "I'm done with this" I said determined not to let it ruin it me. Hanbin smiled encouragingly. 

"Get dressed and lets get out of here. We'll go and grab some breakfast."

 

Hanbin drove us to a nearby cafe, it was spacious inside but not many people were around. We both ordered and sat down to eat on a small table on the side  by the open window. I didn't have much of an apetite so just sipped on my ice tea.

"I'm sorry about what happened" Hanbin started, knowing that my mind was still on it. 

"No, it's okay. I knew it would probaby happen sooner or later." I said still staring at my drink.

"What do you mean?" He asked confused, still trying to place the pieces together in his head. "I don't think I understand". I took another sip from me tea not really knowing where to start. Hanbin reached over and place his hand ontop of mine "You can talk to me, I want to help". 

"A few years back, my Dad started to take drugs. After we moved house our financial situation wasn't great, the stress must've gotten to him and he decided drugs was the right answer. The first time I saw him take it was on my parents anniversary." I remembered how he would try and hide it at first as if embarassed that it had come to this "It started off only a few times, I could tell everytime he took it because his eyes would be red and I could smell it on him. He started to take it a lot more frequently after that and I noticed that he started to change" Hanbin was listening intently and gestured for me to carry on "I can't really explain it, but he was different. I didn't like it, it scared me. I tried to make him give it up but he would get violent anytime I would try." I didn't know how Hanbin would react to all this but he just squeezed my hand understandingly.

"And you never told anyone any of this?" Hanbin asked

"No, I was scared of what would happen if I ever told anyone. But I guess there's no point of hiding it anymore"

"Did Bobby at least know?" I paused at his question

"I think he knew something was up but I never really told him the whole story"

"I can't believe you've had to go through all of this on your own. But how are you feeling now? Isn't it a good thing that he's gone now?"

"I thought it would be but I dunno, now it just feels like I've lost both my parents. Atleast when he was still with me I held on to some kind of hope that he might go back to who he was before, but I guess that was just hopefully thinking. I realise now that that was never going to happen"  I was mentally exhausted from all of this, I rested my head on Hanbin's shoulder. "I'm sorry I unloaded all of this onto you" 

"Nope, not accepting your apology" He replied lifting up his nose with mock stubborness. I laughed at my rejected apology, it was nice to be able to smile again.