Ajumma

Still

At the table, the boys all starting shooting questions, obviously curious and wanting to know more about me. 

''Hey Noona, How comes you don't look Korean?'' Yunhyeong asked. I knew they had all been thinking it, it was always the first thing people wanted to asked me. 

''I'm actually half Korean, my Mum was from London, I visited the UK a few times with her when I was younger. In Korea she would always speak to me in English so I picked it up quite quick.'' I felt Bobby stiffen next to me as if he was worried that I may be uncomfortable speaking about my Mum. I gave him a quick smile to let him know it was fine. To be honest I no longer felt awkward talking about it, although I was starting to miss her alot more now that the relationship with my Dad had started to turn sour. Hanbin had noticed the quick interaction between me and Bobby and raised an eyebrow. 

''What's up?'' Jinhwan asked, noticing the slight tension. 

''Actually, my Mum passed away when I was 6'' I answered with a small smile, everyone looked up with shock upon hearing this. 

''Oh..I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..'' Jinhwan began,

''No, its ok, really. It was a long time ago. It was hard at first, but I've managed to adjust, and I've learned to deal with things on my own'' This was true, although there had been times where I had found it incredibly difficult without a mother figure in my life. I could feel Hanbin's stare from the side, intent, as if he was trying to read my thoughts. It made me slightly uncomfortable but I brushed it off not giving it too much thought.

''It must've been really hard for you'' Jinhwan looked sympathetic. 

''Yh but I guess it made me stronger in some ways'' I replied. I hadn't meant to bring the atmosphere down like this. I understood their sympathy but I hated when people would start to feel sorry for me. 

''Yh this girls hard as a rock'' Bobby added, punching me and giving me a dead arm.

'Aah what the hell man! I clutched my arm and tried to elbow him in the ribs but he'd gotten quick at dodging my jabs. The boys laughed hard at the our sudden outburst, I was secretly thankful to Bobby and his abiltiy of always being able to lighten the atmosphere.

''Ok, now it's my turn to ask you guys questions!'' I started, glad to have a change of topic. 

''Shoot!'' Junhoe agreed, ''What do you want to know about us handsome oppas?'' I cringed at this, only making him laugh more. 

''Actually, I always wanted to ask, but what's your YG daddy like?'' I asked, I had always wondered what he was like in real life.

''Oh you mean Yang sajang-nim?'' Junhoe looked amused at the question. ''Yh hes just as uptight and scary as he looks on TV''

''He's not that bad..''  Donghyuk butted in, but then after thinking to himself for a second ''Okay what am I saying, he is the worst'' he added with defeat bringing his concentration back to his food. I laughed out loud at his sudden change of mind.

''But hes been good to Bobby since he won SMTM'' Junhoe continued.  

''Really??'' I asked, looking over at Bobby, amused. ''So you're YG daddy's favourite? Good job'' I grinned whilst patting his head patronisingly. 

''Well what can I say, I can't help being everyone's fave'' He stretched out his arms gladly taking the compliment

''Damn this dude and his fat ego'' But Bobby just laughed at my response. I had finished eating by now, I got up from the table and took my plate to the sink whilst the boys carried on chatting about their training. They had brought out videos to analyse their dance routines, these boys really did have a lot of passion about their training. Bobby followed me to the kitchen helping me bring the plates to the sink.

''Hey listen, I have a schedule today. I have to do some recordings with Dok2 hyung, and I might not be back till late. Will you wait for me?''

''What are you talking about?'' I replied slightly confused as to why I would have to wait for him

''What do you mean what am I talking about? I can't let you go home on your own, not after...you know..'' he tried to keep his voice hushed and looked back over at the table to make sure the boys couldn't hear us. 

''Bobby! What exactly do you think will happen if I just wait for you to take me back home. Like that's gonna make any difference'' I argued back, failing to understand what exactly his plan was. 

''You can't keep living like this! I could help you find somewhere to move out to, we will think of something. Just promise me you won't go back there till I'm done.'' I seriously appreciated that Bobby was trying his best to come up with a solution but this wasn't going to work. Honestly I had been thinking a lot about my Dad, I really missed the old days with him and had began to wonder if maybe he had some kind of mental illness. There was no other explanation I could think of that could explain his sudden change of behaviour. I mean, his major mood swings and the way he would lash out, and then go into a deep kind of depression where he would ignore me for days without saying a word. I was always scared about what mood he would be in when I came home. It was hard to anticipate his manic episodes. 

''I'm sorry, I can't promise I'll wait for you. Bobby, don't worry, I can deal with this. I been thinking about this alot, and I know I don't ask for help much, but I might go seek some medical advice.'

''What?'' Bobby asked surprised 

''I feel like my Dad might have bipolar. I dunno, I can't be sure but I mean if I can somehow get him to go to the doctors, maybe they can help get some kind of treatment that can calm his anger'' Honestly I was sceptical about this, and had no idea how I would persuade my Dad to go, I had sugggested to him before but he had just gotten angry and refused to admit that there was anything wrong with him. I pressed my fingers against my temple, getting a headache just thinking about dealing with him. Bobby looked taken aback by my suggestion

''Okay, but I still think you should wait for me, what if he hurts you again?'' He looked at me with a worried expression.

''Bobby I can deal with this! I know your just worried but I can handle it ok'' My voice had started to turn angry, I hated talking about my Dad.

''Youre doing it again''

''Doing what!?''

''Not letting me in, you know you're not on you own in this. I can help.''

''Please, just let it go.'' I turned around to wash my dish in the sink

''Why are you so stubborn!'' Bobby was obviously annoyed, he gave up and grabbed his coat and left for his schedule without saying another word. I looked back watching him leave and sighed, concentrating on scrubbing the dish in my hand. I hadn't meant to start an arguement with him. I just had a bad habbit of wanting to deal with things on my own and found it hard to let people in. But I really did rely on Bobby too much, I always expected him to be by my side, I should really learn to treat my friends better. I made a mental note to treat him to lunch or something when I next got the chance. I needed to thank him for letting me stay over last night. 

''Hey.'' I jumped at the sudden sound of Hanbin's voice. ''What's up with you two?''

''Huh, oh...It's nothing.'' But Hanbin didn't look like he wanted to let it go.

''Is something bothering you, you look kinda pale, are you sure you're okay?''. The boys had relocated to the living room after finishing off their breakfast so me and Hanbin were alone in the kitchen.

''Seriously, it's nothing'' I said putting on a fake smile, but I could tell Hanbin wasn't convinced.

'Hey, I need to go take some recording equipment in the car to the studio, you wanna come keep me company?''

''You mean to the YG building?!'' I said suddenly forgetting my worries. Hanbin smiled at my obvious excitment.

''Yh I can show you around if you like, show you the studio I work in. I don't think Yang sajang-nim is in today.''

''Good, I think a little bit of pee would come out if I ever saw him in real life''

''Haha! He's not all bad you know, he trains us hard but he's good to the sunbaes''

''You mean the ones that have debuted already and are making him mega money?'' I retorted. Hanbin laughed at my response.

''I guess that's one way of putting it. But come on lets go'' I followed him as he walked back to the living room.

''Guys I going to the studio to drop off some stuff.'' He told the boys as he went to put his shoes on. I also grabbed mine from the front.

''Noona, you going too?'' Chanwoo asked

''Yh, I told Hanbin I'd help, and plus he said he would show me around the YG building.''

''Ok, but try not to scream and faint if you bump into GD!'' Junhoe snickered. I rolled my eyes and pretended to throw my shoe at him.

''Lets go'' Hanbin said, as he grabbed his car keys and stuck a beenie on his head to cover his unkept hair. We said our byes to the boys and left. I walked towards the elevator before realising it was still out of order. 

''I hate stairs'' I moaned. Hanbin laughed at my obvious laziness

''You want me to piggy back you down'' He asked half jokingly

''What, so we can both fall and break our necks?'' I retorted, but he just kneeled with his back facing me

''Come on, jump on'' he grinned

''Yh right!'' I was about to push him aside but he grabbed my arm over his shoulder pulling me till I was on his back then starting running towards the stairs.

''Yah, Hanbin-ah what are you doing!'' I shouted trying to get off. ''OMFG slow down we're going to die!'' I screamed as he ran down the stairs at full speed, he just laughed as I continued to swear at him. By this point I was hugging onto his neck waiting for death, I was surprised at how fast he could go with my on his back. Once he finally reached the last flight of steps I breathed out a sigh of relief. Hanbin was still laughing from the rush of adrenaline and me screaming death threats in his ear.

''You are crazy! I literally saw my life flash in front of my eyes! Alright! you can put me down now!'' But he still carried on walking towards the carpark without letting me down. I grabbed his beenie and pulled it down his face so he couldn't see in front of him.

''Oi! I can't see a thing!'' He tripped and lost balance causing us both to crash onto the floor. Luckily we landed on the grass, cushioning our fall.

''I think my blood pressure just increased'' I said as I clutched my chest and rolled on the floor. ''That was enough excitment to last me the year.'' 

''Hey ajumma! You stil alive?'' Hanbin laughed as he stood up from the grass. I grabbed his arm to pull myself up from the floor causing him to lose balance and almost fall back onto the grass again. He grabbed my shoulder to steady himself ''Ajumma, you think you can walk to the car without collapsing on me again?'' He joked. Once we finally managed to reach the car, he pressed the button on the car keys to unlock the doors. I sat in the passenger seat as Hanbin did a quick check of the equipment in the boot before entering the car himself and strapping himself into the drivers seat.

''Ajumma, you should put your seatbelt on. Can't have you getting into another accident!'' he grinned. I was about to respond with another sarcastic comment, but before I could get my words out he leaned across me to grab the end of my seatbelt. The sudden close proximity between our bodies shocked me. I sat there for a moment breathing in his sweet musky scent before he leaned back over to his side and buckled in the seat belt. I was still recovering when he put his arm around the headrest of my seat, twisting his head to look through the rear window and reverse out of his spot. 

''So Ajumma, tell me about yourself''    


Thanks for reading! this chapter took me a while and am still not sure about it. Is the story moving too slow?? Let me know what you think!