A Heavy ♥

Still

Bobby POV

You were sat on the edge on of your bed, YG had given you the day off from training but you decided you still needed to keep up with your fitness. The sun had started to go down and the heat with it, you changed into your running clothes, a pair of loose black shorts and the first t-shirt you could find at the bottom of your wardrobe. You grabbed your keys and left the house, running down the hill and following your normal jogging route towards the nearby park. Running usually helped to clear your head but right now you kept thinking about how Mia and how strange she had been acting recently. Her face had been so pale when you left her, as if she would pass out any minute. You had noticed recently she had become a lot more reserved and often came to school with bruises that she would unsucceccfully try and hide from you. You had known her since she was young, her mum being from London she was able to speak fluently in English, and you being from the US had found it a lot easier to communicate with her than your other Korean friends. You knew that she now only lived with her Dad, in fact in the past you had actually got on well with her Dad but over the past 2 years you had hardly seen him and Mia would refuse to talk about him and would change the subject any time you tried to ask. You had always felt that she was tough and could handle things herself, her being mixed raced and looking different from the typical korean, she had often been called out for it at school. Although the bullies had thought they had they upper hand, she had easily been able to sort them out without even batting an eyelid, you never felt you had to worry about her but recently that had started to change. You sighed not knowing what you could do to help her. It was starting to get darker now and as you ran down the familiar path a slim figure in a hoody skated passed you almost knocking you over, you managed to dodge to the side but as you watched the person skate passed you realised you recognised their board.  

''Hey! Mia!'' you called out, the figure stopped at the sound of your voice, as she turned around you could hardly make out her face half covered by her hood but you could tell she had tears stains down her cheeks. It hurt you seeing her like this, she pointlessly turned her head and tried to wipe the tears away, you hated even more when she tried her feelings from you. You already knew her well enough that you could tell what she was feeling without even having to ask, You needed her to realise that she didn't have to keep it all to herself. You couldn't take it anymore, you walked up to her feeling even more pained as she tried to fake a smile, how much was she having to cope with that she was in this state. You were now close enough to her that you could hear her uneven breathing, she closed her eyes and fresh tears started to fall. Instinctively your hand lifted up to her face to wipe them away, you could feel her cold skin against your fingers, her eyes swollen as if she had been crying for a while. You grabbed her closer to you and pulled her into a hug, you could feel her body shaking trying to hold in her sobs. You could feel her tears soak through your tshirt onto your bare skin

''I'm sorry'' She said, her voice muffled by your shoulder. ''I didn't mean for you to see me like this''

''You know you don't have to hide your tears from me'' You whispered to her reassuringly, her soft hair. You lifted her head and kissed her forehead ''It's okay, I'm here for you''. She wiped the last of her tears with the back of her sleeve.

''Sorry'' she said again still struggling to meet your eyes.

''Seriously stop apologising! You have nothing to be sorry for.'' You put your arm around her shoulder and you both started walking along the grass until you found a spot to sit down. You lied down on your back and watched her pick at the grass. ''You know if you want to talk...'' You started, patiently waiting for her to say something. She let out a sigh, you analysed her face, she seemed as if she was struggling to find the right words.

''I don't know what to do anymore'' She said in a defeated tone.  She lay down next to you and let you put you arm around her. You noticed she winced as your hand brushed her arm. Curiously, you took hold of her arm and started rolling up her sleeve half expecting her to snatch her arm away from you, but she remained still, as if she finally wanted to let you in. As you rolled her sleeve up past her elbow you revealed a huge purple painful looking bruise. Your eyebrows furrowed at the sight of it, disgusted that someone could do this to her. 

''Who did this to you?'' You said with a slight anger to your voice now. She remained silent and just looked at the bruise as if it was another normal part of her skin. You asked her again getting angrier this time ''Why are you always covered in bruises?'' She tried to pull her arm away this time, but you kept your grip strong. You sighed realising she wasn't ready to let you in yet. You looked at her arm again, this time bringing it to your lips, you softly kissed her arm. She winced slightly at the light touch. ''You can't keep letting him do this to you.'' You had a feeling you knew who it was that was doing this to her,you knew things weren't right at home. 

''I know'' She replied confirming your suspisions. You could hardly believe it though, her Dad, from what you knew, had been such a warm hearted and kind man. What had happened between them that their relationship had become like this. You slid you hand down her arm till you reached her hand, you entwined your fingers together with hers and you both lay there for a few minutes without saying a word, staring up at the dark sky as the stars started to emerge.

''We can't stay here forever you know'' You said proping yourself up onto your elbow, you looked over at Mia, she had her eyes closed. You observed her soft facial feature, her soft lips, sharp cheek bones. You could still see the tear streaks on her cheeks. 

''I know'' She replied back deep in thought, her face grimacing probably at the thought of having to go back and face her Dad.

''I can't let you go back, at least not for tonight.'' You were scared of having to let her go home on her own, in fact you hated the she had to deal with this, it made you angry at even thinking about what she was going through and how she had been trying to keep it all to herself. She opened her eyes and looked back at you.

''Then where? Shall I just sleep out on the streets?'' She replied with a sarcastic tone. You rolled your eyes at her dumb response.

''YG gave us the day off, I think all the boys went home so the place should be free. we can both go and crash there for the night.'' You usually split your time staying at the dorms with the boys but also came home often to visit your Mum.

''Are you sure it'll be okay?'' She answered, obsviously relieved by the idea of not having to go home for the night. 

''Of course! I mean according to YG we're not supposed to bring girls over, but what he doesn't know can't hurt him, right?'' You said with a smirk. ''Come on, get up you lazy, let's go, I'm hungry!''

''When aren't you hungry!?'' She shot back at you. You laughed at her knowing it was true.

''Hey! I'm a growing boy you know'' You replied teasingly as you both started to walk towards the dorms.