006

Hate-Love Relationship

“Uncle Eliii~” Jun ran towards Eli, who had just arrived from work, and hugged his legs tightly.

Eli chuckled to see Jun’s cute action then he ruffled the little boy’s hair lovingly. “Hello, Junie,” he greeted. “Why are you so happy?”

Jun looked up at Eli with his sparkling eyes and his smile was not gone from his face, showing that he was extremely happy. “Uncle Kevin said we would have dinner outside together,” he said. “That’s why I’m so happy, Uncle.”

“Aaah~ yeah, we’ll have dinner outside,” said Eli. “Have you prepared yourself?”

Jun nodded then he pulled away from Eli’s legs. “Look at me! I’m good, right?” he asked as he showed his outfit to the older one.

“You look great,” Eli chuckled. He found Jun so cute that he wanted to bring him up with his hands and swing him in the air, but he remembered that he should not do that or Jun would be mad at him. “Where’s Uncle Kevin, Junie?”

“He’s in his room, changing his clothes,” answered Jun.

Eli nodded. “Could you like to wait for us in minutes? I’ll prepare for myself too before we go outside to have dinner together.”

“Aye aye, captain!” exclaimed Jun. Then he went to the living room to play with his toys again.

After that, Eli walked to his and Kevin’s room and he found the younger one sitting on the edge of bed with a sad look as he looked at his own reflection in the mirror. “Hey, Kev!” greeted Eli and made Kevin turned his face to the older one. “Have you prepared for our dinner?” he asked. Kevin just nodded weakly in response which made Eli frown. “What’s wrong with you?” the older one asked again as he sat next to the younger one.

“Jun will be picked up tomorrow,” said Kevin weakly.

“Oh? Really?” Eli asked in surprise. “Why doesn’t Kiseop tell me about that?”

“He doesn’t tell you yet?” Kevin asked in surprise.

Eli nodded. “Maybe he’ll tell me later,” he said. “Then what’s wrong with that? Don’t you feel happy because you shouldn’t have to take care of him anymore?”

“If you ask that to the old me, then the answer is yes. But no. I’m not feeling that way,” said Kevin then he leaned his head onto Eli shoulder and hugged the latter’s waist tight. “I don’t want to let him go, Eli yah,” he said in a hoarse tone. Kevin tried his best not to cry in front of Eli. He did not want to look weak.

“Why?” asked Eli.

“I don’t know,” said Kevin. He slowly pulled away from Eli and looked at him with his pleading eyes. “Can we have him forever, Kris? Let’s adopt him~”

“Oh my… Kevin…” Eli lured by Kevin’s eyes, but he could not grant the younger one’s wish. He cupped the latter’s face and looked at him. “He already has a father. We can’t do that. Plus, Jun loves Kiseop so much and vice versa so it’s impossible if we…”

“But he said he loved me.”

Eli’s eyes went wide in surprise at Kevin’s statement. “He said that? Junie?” he asked in disbelief.

Kevin nodded. “And I love him too,” he said as he looked down.

“Hey, you can still meet him even though he’s not in here anymore,” said Eli. “Kiseop’s house is not that far from here. You two can meet up whenever you want to.”

“Hmm… you’re right,” said Kevin weakly, agreeing bitterly. Then he suddenly lifted up his face and looked at Eli with a happy face. “Eli yah, finally I got a job!” he shouted happily.

“Woah, that’s good! That’s my boy,” Eli smiled as he ruffled Kevin’s hair lovingly and the latter giggled by the older one’s affection towards him. “When will you start to work?”

“Umm… on next Monday.”

“That day, Jun is no longer in here. I think that’s the best way to both of you. If he lives with us forever, no one can take care of him because you’re also working by then. Am I right?”

Kevin nodded weakly then he chuckled. “I sound greedy, huh?”

“A bit,” Eli chuckled as well. “Hey, Kev. Can you pick up some clothes for me? I’m so tired.”

“Anything for you, Mr. Kim,” Kevin kissed Eli on his forehead before he went to the closet to do what the older one asked him.

 

***

 

Eli, Jun, and Kevin had the best dinner ever. The little boy was so happy and his smiled always plastered on his face while talking some things to the two adults. He seemed like forget the wound on his leg. The second older of three forced a smile whenever he was asked by Jun. Kevin did not want to make their dinner turn bad because of his own feeling so he pretended it that he enjoyed it very much. The oldest was so happy too during dinner. Eli knew exactly that Kevin did not feel that way, but he was relief that the second older one could maintain his feeling.

During their way to home, Jun felt asleep at the backseat with Kevin whose thighs turned to be a pillow for the little boy. The latter kept on caressing the former’s palm softly while smiling at him, but Eli, who was driving and looking at Kevin from the rearview mirror, could see that the smile was not a happy one, but sad one.

“Are you still thinking of tomorrow, Kev?” asked Eli, breaking the silence between them.

Kevin nodded. “I still can’t get over it, Eli yah,” he said then he sighed heavily and looked at Eli. “How do you feel about tomorrow?”

“So so,” said Eli. “Our house won’t be lively again by then, hm?”

“You’re right,” Kevin started to look at Jun again. “I’m gonna miss him. A lot.”

 

***

 

The awaited day finally came and Jun even woke up earlier than Kevin and Eli. The little boy rushed to their room then plopped down onto the adults who were still sleeping. His action, of course, made Kevin and Eli wake up in surprise. They were about to shout before they found out that the person was Jun.

“Uncles, come on, wake up! Wake up!” Jun said as he shook Eli and Kevin’s body underneath him. “Let’s prepare for today! Appa will come! Uncle Jaeseop will come too!”

Kevin moved under the blanket and slowly sat on the bed while rubbing his eyes. “It’s still too early to wake up, Junie,” he said after taking a glance at the clock on the wall.

“It’s good to wake early, Uncle!” said Jun then he started to bounce up and down. “Come on, wake up! Let’s get clean and have breakfast! Then we play until Appa comes~”

Eli chuckled as he saw the spirit in Jun. “Alright, alright,” he said as he sat on the bed as well. “How’s your leg, Junie? It’s fine?” Eli took a look at the little boy’s leg that still had a bruise on it.

Jun nodded. “It’s okay. It hurts a bit, but it’s totally okay,” he replied cheerfully.

“I’ll make the breakfast then,” said Kevin in a sudden as he got up and then walked out of the room.

“Let’s get clean while Uncle Kevin’s cooking!” said Eli which then nodded by Jun in response. They walked to the bathroom hand in hand.

 

***

 

Kevin was secretly cringing when he cooked. He still could not get over his feeling for loosing Jun. But he hurriedly wiped the tears on his cheeks and muffled his cry do the rest would not know that he was crying. Kevin forced a wide smile at Jun when the little boy came into the kitchen after he got dressed up with Eli followed him behind.

“What’s for breakfast, Uncle?” asked Jun as he sat on the chair, ready to eat.

“Umm… I made scrambled eggs, fried bacons, and toasted breads. We have strawberry and chocolate jams,” Kevin replied as he put the food on the table. “What do you want to drink, Junie?”

“Can I have hot chocolate?” asked Jun with his pleading eyes and innocent look.

Kevin nodded as he smiled widely at him. Suddenly his sad feeling was gone when he saw that innocent look of Jun. “Of course you can,” he said which then cheered by the little boy. When he was about to make hot chocolate, Eli suddenly grabbed his hand, preventing him to move. Kevin frowned at the older one confusedly. “What’s up?”

“You go take a bath,” Eli replied. “I’ll make the drink for Jun.” Kevin was about to protest, but he butted in, “You have to relax, okay?”

Finally, Kevin nodded. He was so thankful for having Eli in his life who could really understand him so well. “Thank you,” said Kevin in a low tone after the older one let go of his hand.

“And thanks for the breakfast, Kev,” said Eli after he gave Kevin a kiss on his cheek.

“Aw, you two are so good together!” exclaimed Jun which made Eli and Kevin surprised. It seemed like the adults forgot that the little boy was still in the same room with them. The two ones’ cheeks reddened in embarrassment and Jun laughed to see their reactions.

 

***

 

The bell house was ringing when Jun and Eli played and Kevin read a magazine. Jun abruptly stopped his play and then he rushed to the door as he wished that the guest would be his father. And his wish came true. Kiseop and Jaeseop were smiling at him after Jun opened the door.

“Appaaaa~” said Jun happily as he hugged Kiseop’s legs tightly. Then he broke the hug and went to Jaeseop to hug him on his legs. “Uncle Jaeseooop~”

Kiseop and Jaeseop are chuckling to see Jun’s action.

“You miss us so much, hm?” asked Jaeseop while ruffling Jun’s hair lovingly.

Jun nodded. “Of course yes!” he replied as he snuggled onto Jaeseop’s legs.

“Hey, boy! That tickles,” Jaeseop said, wanting Jun to stop.

“Hey, guys!” greeted Eli and Kevin walked after him. “Had a fun times in NY?” he teased which made Jaeseop and Kiseop blush. He chuckled to see the responses then he motioned them to come in.

“What do you want to drink?” asked Kevin in a flat tone.

“Just water, right, Jae yah?” replied Kiseop and Jaeseop nodded in agreement.

Then Kevin came into the kitchen with heavy steps. He tried the best not to cry again as he took some glasses out of the rack then he opened the fridge to take out of a bottle of cold water. When he was about to put one of the glasses on the tray, the glass fell down because of his trembling hand and it made people in the living room surprised.

“What’s happened there?” asked Jaeseop.

“It sounds like something has fallen,” said Kiseop. When he was about to got up from the couch to check what had happened in the kitchen, Eli hurriedly prevented him.

“Let me see,” Eli said then he rushed to the kitchen. His eyes went wide when he saw Kevin cry while stopping the blood running out from his thumb. “Kevin!” Eli went to the younger one and took a look at his wound. “It’s okay, it’s okay…” he said then he took care of Kevin’s thumb hurriedly.

After his hand got bandaged, Kevin buried his face onto Eli’s shoulder to muffle his cry as he hugged the older one tightly. “It’s hard…” he said between his cry. “It’s hard to let Jun go.”

Eli calmed Kevin down by caressing his back softly. “It’ll be okay soon, Kev,” he said. “Remember what I said to you yesterday? You still can meet him whenever you want so you shouldn’t be sad, hm?” Then Eli pulled away from Kevin and cupped his face. “Now, smile? You don’t want Junie to see you cry, do you?”

Kevin nodded weakly in his hands then he forced a faint smile. “I must look bad now,” he said as he wiped the tears on his cheeks.

“Nooo… you still look handsome,” said Eli.

Kevin chuckled then he pulled away from Eli’s hands. When he was about to clean up the mess on the floor, Eli hurriedly grabbed his hand and shook his head.

“Just take care of the drink,” said Eli. “I’ll take care of the mess.”

Kevin agreed then he took one glass from the rack again and filled it with water. When everything was ready, he took off the tray with filled glasses on it and walked to the living room, leaving Eli alone. He took a deep breath when he was about to enter the room and forced a wide smile. “Sorry for waiting,” he said as he put the tray on the table.

“It’s okay,” said Jaeseop. “Is everything alright in the kitchen?”

Kevin nodded then he rubbed his nape timidly. “Yeah, just a little accident, but it’s alright now,” he replied.

“Appa, Appa… Uncle Kevin is so nice to me,” said Jun in a sudden. The little boy was sitting on Kiseop’s lap as he hugged his waist.

Kevin was so touched and was about to let tear drop from his eyes by his words. It seemed like he forgot the bad days he went through with his uncle. He looked up to prevent himself from crying then he smiled widely at Jun.

“That’s good!” said Kiseop happily. “Thank you,” he looked at Kevin with a sincere thankful look.

“I-it’s okay,” Kevin stuttered in reply and his voice was hoarse. He cleared his throat to make his voice be normal again. “Sorry, but excuse me for a while.”

No one could ask for more because Kevin already turned his body and rushed to his room. Eli was confused when he saw no Kevin in the living room after coming back from the kitchen. “Where’s Kevin?” he asked.

“He goes to your room,” Jun replied as he pointed at one of the rooms.

Not long after that, Kevin went back to the living room when the people were happily talking about something. His hands were hidden at his back and then he silently walked to Jun.

“Hey, Kev! What are you doing there?” asked Eli. “You’re supposed to sit next to me.”

“Who says that?” asked Kevin in a teasing way. Then he looked at Jun. “I have something for you.”

“Really??” asked Jun. “What is that?” Kevin put something on Jun’s head instead of answering the little boy’s question. Jun took it off to see it and he smiled widely at Kevin. “This is a cool hat! For me? For real?” And when Kevin nodded in response, he hugged the older tightly. “Thank you so much. Thank you, Uncle~”

“You’re welcome, Junie,” said Kevin as he ruffled Jun’s hair. “Don’t ever forget me, okay?”

Jun nodded while hugging him.

The rest three guys were so touched to see that scene. Who knew that Kevin, who was the one who against Jun at the first place, would turn to be nice to the little boy at the end? It was sad to see them being separated yet happy that they finally could get along well.

 

***

 

What do you think about this chapter? It’s sad or not? Honestly, I’m bad at making a sad scene… T^T

It’s final already? Yes and no. it’s already ended, but I’ll make the epilogue for the next chapter. I’ll work hard~!^o^)9