Prologue

Hate-Love Relationship

It was Wednesday at three o’clock when Eli heard someone knocking on the door of his office. He lifted his face up from the paper he held and said, “Come in!” to the person outside.

Then, a slim beauty came into Eli’s room. She bowed politely at him and then she said, “Mr. Lee wants to meet you, Sir.”

Eli took off his glasses as he frowned at the name. Lee? “Let him in!” he said.

The slim beauty bowed again before leaving and shortly after that a dandy guy came into the room with a little boy. The guy smiled widely at Eli. “It’s been ages we did not meet each other, Eli yah!” he chuckled. “Do you miss me?”

After knowing the persons, Eli smiled widely then he nodded in response. “Yeah, of course!” he said as he got up from his chair and walked towards them. He hugged the guy tightly and then he bent down his body to the little boy so he could be at the same height as him. “How are you, Junie?” Eli asked as he ruffled the little boy’s hair lovingly. “Did Kiseop appa do something bad at you back then?”

Hearing that question, Kiseop – the guy – rolled his eyes. “I treated him well, okay? Did I, Junie?” he said as he looked down at Jun – the little boy.

Jun smiled at both of the men in front of him and nodded. “You shouldn’t be worried, Uncle,” he said to Eli. “Appa is the greatest appa in the world!” he showed up his two thumbs excitedly.

“That’s my boy!” exclaimed Kiseop as he hugged Jun by the shoulder.

“So, what are you doing in my office?” asked Eli to the point to Kiseop. “Is there something I can help?”

Kiseop chuckled at the last question. “You know me so well, Eli yah,” he said as he smiled shyly at Eli. “Well, yeah… I need your help.”

“And what is that?”

Kiseop was silent for a moment as he looked at Eli and Jun one by one. It’s hard to say indeed, he thought. After he took a deep breath and exhaled it, he said, “I’m going to see Jaeseop in New York to check his condition. It’s been two months he’s been there, but he hasn’t given me a call or message. I worry about him so much, Eli yah.” He pouted to express his sad feeling.

“Well, just go and see him then,” Eli said. “You don’t need my help for that, right?”

“Of course, I need your help,” Kiseop said.

Eli frowned confusedly. “My help for lendding you some money to buy the flight ticket?”

Kiseop shook his head. “No.”

“Do you want me to accompany you to go there?” Eli guessed again. If it’s true, I’ll be doomed! He thought.  Kevin will hate it so much.

Kiseop shook his head again.

“Then, what?”

“Please, take care of my son,” Kiseop said as he held Jun’s shoulders. “He isn’t going to go with me since he is afraid of the height,” he added. “So? Will you take care of him?”

Eli nodded, but then he was not sure with his decision when he remembered about Kevin in a sudden. “But, you know, I don’t live alone. I mean, I’m living with Kevin and you know him so well , don’t you?”

Kiseop nodded in response. “That’s better though. He can help you to take care of our Junie then,” he said as he pinched Jun’s cheeks lightly.

“Appa, it hurts~” Jun whined as he freed his cheeks from Kiseop’s fingers.

Kiseop chuckled. “I’m sorry,” he said as he ruffled Jun’s hair lovingly. “Our Junie is so cute and Appa can’t help but wants to play around with you.” Then Kiseop looked at Eli again. “So, your answer is?”

 

***

 

Kevin was busy preparing the dinner when he heard the bell rang. It must be Eli! He thought excitedly as he took off the apron he wore and rushed to the door to open it. “Welcome ho– oh!” he stopped greeting as his eyes saw a little boy next to Eli. He frowned at Eli confusedly.

Eli just smiled and then he dragged Jun to his house lightly. “Kevin, this is Jun, Lee Jun Young. He is Kiseop’s son,” he said, introducing the little boy to Kevin, when they were in the living room. “And Jun, this is Uncle Kevin, Uncle Eli’s roommate,” Eli said to Jun.

Jun bowed politely at Kevin then he smiled widely at him. “Nice to see you, Uncle Kevin,” he said in innocent way that made Eli chuckle to see it.

“Oh… mmm… yeah, nice to meet you too, Jun yah,” Kevin stuttered in reply. Then he reached for Eli’s hand and dragged him into the kitchen, leaving Jun alone. “Why is he here?” he asked in annoyance and low tone as he folded his arms. “And how come Kiseop have a child? You made him pregnant?”

Eli laughed at the last question. He pushed Kevin’s forehead with his index finger lightly. “Guy can’t be pregnant, you silly!” he said. “Jun is adopted.”

“Then, why is he here?!”

“Kiseop asked me to take care of Jun so…”

“You agreed it?!” Kevin’s voice was loud enough to make Jun hear it. The guy was shouting indeed. “I can’t believe it! You wanted to grant his wish to take care of his child?!”

Jun felt uncomfortable with the situation, but he managed to act normal. Why does Uncle Kevin sound freaking out? He wondered. What’s wrong with taking care of me?

“Ssshh! Don’t say it louder!” Eli warned. “What if Jun hears us?”

Kevin pouted then he looked at Eli with a frustrated look. “How dare you!” he exclaimed. “You did it purposely to make me suffer? Yah, Kim Kyoung Jae! You’re in the office from eight to seven and it means I should take care of him when you’re not here. Yaaahh… how could you do that?!” Kevin hit Eli’s chest for many times to express his anger to the older one. “Take him back to your Kiseopie! I don’t want to take care of him!”

“It’s too late, Kev,” said Eli then he held Kevin’s hands to make him stop hitting his chest and looked at his eyes deeply. “Please, help me! Kiseop is in his flight now and he can’t take Jun along because he’s afraid of height. It’s just for three days…”

“Three days!?”

“Can you stop shouting like that?” asked Eli in annoyance. He sighed heavily. What he had expected was just right. “Jun is a nice boy. He won’t be burdening you, I’m sure. So, please… help me, hm?”

 

***

sorry for the late reply *bow* I was so busy >_<"

how's the story?? :)