004

Hate-Love Relationship

Jun was awake when he heard someone crying faintly near him. Then he slowly opened his eyes and he was surprised to see that the person was Kevin. Why is he crying? He wondered. He looked around his surrounding then he realized that he had been already at Eli’s house. When he was about to sit, he felt his left leg hurt then he whinced in pain.

Kevin hurriedly turned his face as he heard Jun’s faint voice. “You’ve awake…” he said as he wiped his tears then he helped Jun to sit. “Don’t move a lot. You’re still hurt,” he added after he covered the blanket over the little boy’s shoulder.

“Why are you acting so strange?” Jun asked to the point as he looked at Kevin suspiciously. “Is it about my leg?”

Kevin sighed as he felt the cold tone in Jun’s voice. He decided to give up. He did not want to have a war with the little boy anymore. “You can say so, but I truly feel so sorry for not picking you up on time. The interview was going longer than I’ve expected and I got traffic jam. When I came to your school, you were… you were…” Kevin suddenly got emotional, but he tried hard not to cry again in front of Jun. “I’m so sorry, Junie yah. Uncle is so sorry…”

Jun was silent as he looked at Kevin’s eyes. He thought that the older one did not say it whole-heartly, but he found only sincerity in his eyes that it made the little boy’s heart lure a bit. “It’s okay, Uncle,” he said. “It’s also my mistake too.”

“So, we’re fine now?”

Jun nodded as he smiled faintly.

“Thank you, Junie yah,” said Kevin happily as he ruffled Jun’s hair. “By the way, who’s Yulhee?”

Jun frowned at the sudden question. “Yulhee is my friend. Why?”

“Is she only your friend?” asked Kevin as he smiled teasingly at Jun, but the little boy was so innocent that he did not understand the meaning of the smile.

“She’s only my friend, my classmate,” Jun answered.

“Hmm… but why did she cry when you got injured?” Kevin still tried to tease Jun. “And… why did she act cold towards me?” his face was in serious mode when he asked the last question. “She seemed like not to like, but we just met at the time.”

Jun gulped nervously and decided not to answer the last question. “Did she really cry?” he asked back to distract the older one.

Kevin nodded. “Yeah, she cried so hard as if you were died,” he chuckled.

Jun rolled his eyes in response. “Uncle, can I borrow your phone?”

“Sure,” said Kevin then he took his cellphone from the table near the bed. “Whom are you going to call?” he asked after he gave it to Jun.

“I’m going to call Yulhee,” Jun replied as he pressed some numbers.

Kevin chuckled to hear the answer. “Are you really just friends with her?” he asked again in the same teasing tone like before.

Jun nodded as he put the cellphone on his ear.

When Kevin was about to say something again to Jun, he heard the door creaking opened then he saw Eli whose face looked worried. “You’re home,” he said as he walked to the older one.

“How’s Junie?” Eli asked to the point as he looked at Jun who was talking with someone through the cellphone.

“He’s fine, but his left leg got injured,” Kevin replied as he took Eli’s suitcase from his grip. “The doctor said it would be cured fast. I thought he was hurt badly, but he wasn’t.”

“But still… and how could he get injured?”

“Let’s talk about this outside and leave him for a while,” said Kevin as he dragged Eli out of the room.

 

***

 

“Have you said sorry to Junie?” asked Eli after Kevin finished explaining everything while making a warm chocolate to him.

“I have,” Kevin replied then he gave the drink to Eli. “And he has forgiven me.”

Eli’s eyes went wide in surprise as he sipped his drink a bit. “Really?”

Kevin nodded. “I know you wouldn’t believe it, but it really happened,” he chuckled. “You shouldn’t worry about us anymore, Eli yah. We’ve made up already.”

“That’s good!” exclaimed Eli happily. Then he gave Kevin a tight hug and a small peck on his cheek to apreciate his job. “Thanks for the accident though,” he chuckled.

“Eeyyy… that’s mean~” Kevin said as he slapped Eli’s hand lightly. “You go talk with Junie while I’m preparing for the dinner, okay?”

“Aye, aye, captain!” said Eli. After he gave another peck on Kevin’s lips, he went to Jun’s room and found him busy playing the cellphone in his hands. “Hi, Junie yah!” he greeted the little boy after he sat next to the latter.

“Oh, hello, Uncle! You’re home,” said Jun as he smiled widely at Eli.

Eli nodded. “What are you doing?” he asked curiously as he tried to peek on the cellphone. “Whose cellphone is that?”

“It’s Uncle Kevin’s,” Jun replied. “And I’m looking at his gallery. You two are dating?”

Eli’s eyes went wide as he heard that question then he let out a shaky chuckle. “H-how could you say that?” he stuttered.

“I’ve seen some photos that show you two kissing and hugging each other. Ah! This one,” Jun showed Eli a photo where he and Kevin had a vacation at beach and he kissed Kevin on the cheek.

Eli suddenly felt uneasy as he felt his cheeks heated up. He took the cellphone away from Jun. “It’s not like you’ve seen, okay?”

“If yes, it’s okay,” said Jun casually. “I’ve seen my appa and Uncle Jaeseop kissing and hugging too. Later I know that they’ve been dating for two months.”

Eli’s jaw dropped. “They’re dating?” he asked in disbelief.

Jun nodded innocently.

Aish, so, those guys are having dates in New York now and leaving this kid with us? Eli thought irritably. Suddenly, he remembered that Kiseop wanted Jun to call him up. “Do you want to talk to your appa?” he asked the little boy as he took out his cellphone from his pocket trousers.

“Can I?” Jun’s eyes went rounded and sparkling as he looked at Eli.

Eli chuckled as he nodded in response. “Of course yes. Wait for a second.” He looked for Kiseop’s number on his contact and called him after then. “Here you go!” he said as he gave his cellphone to the little boy.

Jun was waiting for the call connected. Not long after that, he shouted happily. “Appa! It’s me, Junie.”

 

***

 

It was the best night of Eli’s life because he could finally see Kevin and Jun get along well with each other even though it could be seen obviously too that the little boy was still hesitated with what he should do with the sudden goody Kevin at the first place, but Jun finally could accept him well.

Kevin treated Jun well during dinner. He even fed him and often ruffled the little boy’s hair lovingly. “You should eat well, Junie yah, so you won’t be skinny like this,” Kevin said as he poked at Jun’s arm.

“Look, who’s talking!” said Eli as he held up his laughter after Kevin said those words. “You’re also skinny, Kevin ah. You should eat well too then.”

Kevin gave a deathly glare at Eli which only laughed by the older one. “Don’t listen to that old uncle, Junie yah,” he said then he fed Jun again.

“I think Uncle Eli is right,” said Jun as he munched his food.

“How dare you!” exclaimed Kevin in an upset tone then he put down his spoon. “I don’t want to feed you again.” Kevin folded his arms then turned his face away from Jun.

Eli chuckled to see that childish side of Kevin, but Jun was worried. The little boy hurriedly gulped his food then he reached for Kevin’s arm. “I’m so sorry, Uncle…” he said in a pleading tone. “I didn’t mean to make you angry. Please, please, forgive meee…”

Kevin slowly turned his face again to Jun then he let out a small chuckle. “I was just kidding,” he said as he stuck his tongue out to the little boy.

“Really?” asked Jun for a reassurement.

Kevin nodded. “For real, I was just kidding,” he repeated again. “Let’s finish your food!” Kevin took the spoon back then he started to feed Jun again.

“Hey, Kev!” called Eli in a sudden.

“Hmm?” Kevin replied as he wiped the stain near Jun’s lips with his finger.

“Can you feed me too?”

Kevin was frozen in a sudden then he turned his face to look at Eli with wide eyes. He could see that the older one was smirking at him and it made his cheeks blush. “Y-yah! Y-you can eat that by yourself,” he stuttered in reply.

“Eung, Uncle Kevin is right,” Jun said as he nodded. “Uncle Eli is not a kid anymore.”

Eli pouted, pretending to act disappointed, but then he suddenly smirked again at Kevin. “Alright, but I’m going to drink your milk later, okay?”

Kevin’s eyes went wider than before as his face reddened. He knew exactly what Eli meant and he did not want to continue their talking since it was a rated M one which should exclude Jun, so he decided not to answer it, but kept on feeding Jun instead.

Eli shrugged seing the response, but he took it as a yes. Then he started to continue eating his food.

 

***

sorry for the late update, I just got the internet on my lappy now... T^T

what do you think about this chapter? I hesitate with the last part. do you think it's good or not?? keke...

please, bear with me with the update~ cause I got writer's block lately... T^T

and since Kevin and Jun have got along well, it means the story will be finished soon, just saying~

thank you for reading, subscribing, and giving vote and comment so far. you're jjang! :)