003

Hate-Love Relationship

On the next day…

“I don’t want to be taken to school by him!” exclaimed Jun as he stomped on his feet angrily as he pointed his index finger at Kevin while looking at Eli with his glassy eyes. “Please, just take me to school, Uncle Eli~” he pleaded as he tugged on a hand of the oldest of the three.

“That’s a good idea, Junie yah,” said Kevin casually then he sipped his half-warm coffee a bit. “Why? I just said it’s a good idea,” he repeated when Eli glared at him. “Plus, I have to go to N.H. building for another interview. I can’t take him to his school.”

Eli rubbed his nape then he sighed with frustration. “Fine. I’ll take you then,” he said to Jun which then cheered by Jun. Eli then looked at Kevin again. “But you have to pick him up, okay?”

“Whyyy??” Jun whined in a sudden. His cheer was flewn away by Eli’s idea. “Why don’t you…”

“I can’t, Junie yah,” cut Eli. “I’m on my work at the time.” He then looked at Kevin again. “Will you?”

Kevin shrugged then nodded in response while drinking his coffee.

“Please, smile for me~” pleaded Eli as he ruffled the pouty Jun. “Uncle will buy an ice cream for you after work as what I’ve promised you last night.”

Suddenly, Jun’s eyes were sparkling after hearing the ice cream words. “For real?”

Eli nodded.

Kevin rolled his eyes to see the scene in front of him. Kids these days!

 

***

 

“Hey, Junie!” greeted Yulhee to Jun after school. “Will you go home with me again?”

Jun shook his head weakly. “Uncle Kevin will pick me up,” he replied with a bitter look on his face.

Yulhee’s eyes went wide as he heard the answer. “That uncle?!” she asked again in disbelief and Jun nodded in response. “How could he say yes to pick you up? I thought he was a bad…”

“He’s still a bad uncle ever,” cut Jun then he puffed his cheeks and pouted. “He agreed it half-heartly and I still don’t like him,” he admitted as he looked around. Where’s that uncle? Why hasn’t he come? He wondered. “You don’t go home now?” he asked Yulhee.

“I will once that uncle comes,” replied Yulhee.

Both of them then talked to each other. Most of the topic was about Pororo, their favorite cartoon. They even fought about who was prettier between Petty and Lupy. Then they changed the topic into what they would do on tomorrow weekend.

“I’m going to go to zoo!” exclaimed Yulhee in happiness. “My parents have promised me to go there since a week ago and I can’t wait for that happens tomorrow.”

“That’s good,” said Jun as he smiled faintly.

“And what about your plan?”

“Mine?”

Yulhee nodded. “Will you spend the days with your father?”

Jun sighed heavily to hear the question. “Do you forget I once said that my father is in abroad?” he asked back.

“Ah! Yeah, you’re right. Sorry…” Yulhee grinned with an apology look.

“Well, since then, I think I wouldn’t have that kind of plan and maybe I’ll spend my time alone,” Jun said in sorrow.

“Don’t be like that~” said Yulhee as he patted Jun’s shoulder to cheer him up. “Maybe you can spend your time with your kind uncle. Whose name he is? I forget his name hehehe…”

Jun chuckled to hear Yulhee’s last sentence. “His name is Eli, Uncle Eli,” he replied. “Yeah, maybe I could ask him to go out.” Jun started to look around again then he looked at the clock on the wall in the classroom. “Uncle Kevin doesn’t come yet…” he mumbled in an upset tone.

“Maybe he got a traffic jam,” said Yulhee.

“Or maybe he won’t pick me up.”

“Yaaahh… don’t be like that~”

“Then what should I be like?” asked Jun in frustrated tone. “He hates me for real and I hate him too.”

“Then let’s see,” said Yulhee. “If he won’t come, you can say that he hates you for real. But, if he comes, you should open up your heart for him because it means that he still cares of you,” she made a challenge. “Just try to make a chance for both of you to get along well, Junie yah. Ok?”

After thinking about it for a while, Jun finally nodded. They then decided to wait for Kevin in twenty minutes. Time flied by in fast and twenty minutes had been passed. Kevin still had not come and it made Jun really mad. “See? He hates me for real!” he exclaimed then he suddenly he walked away from his place, surprising Yulhee.

“Where are you going, Junie yah?” asked Yulhee in a half-shouted tone because Jun was already far away from her.

“I’m going home by myself!” shouted Jun without turning his face to Yulhee.

Yulhee hurriedly ran towards Jun. “Let me come with…” suddenly her eyes went wide when she saw a motorcycle moving towards the little boy who was crossing the road carelessly. “Juuuunn!!! Stop there!!!” Yulhee tried to warn Jun, but it was too late.

 

***

 

The telephone in Eli’s office room ringing when he was busy reading his papers. He stopped his work for a while to pick the call up. “Hello! You’re speaking with Eli Kim from Kim’s Footwear Company,” he greeted the person on the other line.

“Hi, Mr. CEO Kim!”

Eli chuckled to hear the response. He knew exactly with whom he was talking. “Hi, Kiseop ah!” he greeted again. “What’s up? I’m so busy right now if you want to…”

“Naahh… I know,” cut Kiseop. “I just want to know about my son’s current condition. Is he alright?”

“Yeah, he is,” Eli replied as he gathered the papers on his table. “Why don’t you call into my house? I bet Jun’s already home.”

“I’ve tried, but no one picked up my calls.”

Eli frowned at Kiseop’s words. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah of course,” Kiseop replied. “Where’s Kevin? Isn’t he supposed to be at your house right now?”

“Yes, he is. Maybe he and Jun are having fun somewhere out there,” said Eli, trying to think possitively. Where are they exactly? He thought. Why is there no one in my house?

“Woah! So now Jun can get along well with Kevin?” suddenly Eli heard someone’s voice in Kiseop’s place and he knew as well whose voice was that.

“Well, I’m not sure, but maybe,” Eli chuckled. “Yah, Jaeseop ah… are you having fun with Kiseop right now and making me and Kevin suffered with Jun?”

“Suffered? Yaahh… our Jun is a good boy. How can he make you suffered?”

“Yeah, Jaeseop is right,” said Kiseop. “What’s wrong, Eli yah? Is there something wrong with Junie and you guys?”

Eli sighed heavily and regretted why he had to say those words. But, he could not turn back, so he decided to tell everything about what had happened between Jun and Kevin to his friends. “Don’t worry,” he said after ending his story. “Things can’t be getting worst.”

“I hope so,” said Kiseop then he sighed heavily. “I shouldn’t have asked you for help if I knew Kevin can’t accept my son,” his voice was so sad when he said that.

“It’s okay, Kiseop ah, it’s okay,” said Eli, trying to comfort Kiseop. “He will accept him soon and treat him well. I’ll make sure he would do that.”

After who knew how long they had talked to each other, Kiseop deided to end the call. “Please, tell my son to call me up, okay? I miss him so badly,” Kiseop said before pressing the end button.

Eli agreed it. After saying goodbye to each other, he started to call Kevin’s cellphone once he heard Kiseop pressed the end button. He waited for a while until his call was picked up and he could hear the younger one’s hoarse voice. Wait! Why does he sound like that? He wondered. “Hi, Kevin! Where are you?” asked Eli to the point.

“I-I’m… I’m…” Kevin was stuttering in reply and Eli could hear his muffled sniff on the other line.

Eli was worried in a sudden. “Kevin, what’s happening?” he asked again. Instead of hearing Kevin’s answer, the younger one sobbed that made the older one even more worried about him. “It’s okay, Kev, it’s okay…” he said, trying to comfort him. “Just tell me what’s happening and why you’re crying.”

Kevin was still sobbing for a while until he let out a shaky breath. “I’m… I’m so sorry, Eli yah…” he still stuttered. “Jun got an accident.”

 

***

sorry for the late update. I was having the writer's block ;___;

here comes drama hehehe... and I'm sorry again if it doesn't go with what you've expected ._.v

so, how's the story so far??