Chapter One; Old Letters & Small Crushes

Blooming Romance

As black unpleasant clouds swirl the sky, raging up the storms, thunderstorms were made and lightnings collapse. Rainy weather with raging winds. Raindrops that daringly fall harder than hail, wind that swerve into curves like thieves. Anybody walking outside will be stupid to walk around with the weather like this. Cold, windy, dark. An unusual day in Seoul, South Korea.









"Unnie! No, please! Please don't!"

2NE1's 19 year old maknae, Gong Minji-- or the dancing maching Minzy-- screamed out in horror as her 'unnie', 2NE1's main vocalist, although informally called Corn Queen, Park Bom bounced on Minji's bed, fiddling the green letter in her hand. Little Minji shrieked as Playful Bom read the letter out loud.

"Dear Taemin oppa from 6th grade,

Please meet me infront of the school gates at 4pm, I want to confess my feeings to you.

From, Gong Minji from 5th grade."

Everybody in the room bursted out laughing except embarassed Minji, who seems to be busy cooling her red face.

"Yah, Minji-ah! Don't tell me you really gave this to your 'Taemin oppa'~!" 2NE1's fresh vocal, and the baby face of the group, Sandara Park laughed her lungs out, and ends up falling from the bed from too much movements. 2NE1's charismatic leader and rapper, CL --or rather the neat freak and sweet Chaerin-- gaped at what she just heard, her left leg swinging from the bed. 

"Maybe take it down a notch, Minji-ah," Chaerin covered her laughs with coughs, "What if this Taemin hunts you down once he finds out you're the y dancing machine Minzy?"

Minji couldn't help but shriek at her unnies, teasing her 'til there's no tomorrow.

"This was years ago!" Minji shrieked.

Bom sneakily crawled below Minji's bed to find more letters, while Chaerin is comforting little Minji. On the other hand, Dara is dying of laughter,  lying on the floor. They were blasting Fire in their room, reminiscing the fun times they had when they were in the studio. 2NE1 is taking a two week break from promotions, before getting on stages to perform again, although the number of stages would decrease this time, due to the incredible number of numerous hours they promoted everyday. 2NE1 missed these moments when they could take finally take a breath. Although they all had the same passion for music, constantly working nine hours a day for a month obviously worn them out. 

This was basically how a day looks like if 2NE1 gets to spend time together. Usually, when they get time off, they all would separate ways to rest, Dara visiting Philipines for a few days, Minji secretly composing music in her disco room, Bom locking herself up in her house in America and stuff herself with corns (most likely hoping Hwangssabu won't see her), and Chaerin either writing up songs in the studio or sleeping in bed. 

Although it was a rainy day, the girls' moods were lively and brighter than the sun that shined brightly three hours ago.


"Aren't they supposed to be here now?" Bom groaned in a bored voice.
 

"Looking foward to see somebody, right unnie?" Chaerin teased, knowing the Corn Queen's secret.

"YAH!" Corn Queen finally bursted into popcorns. Bom chased the now-immature leader around the room, wanting to strangle her until the leader couldn't remember anything. The irregular scene was quite normal for the 2NE1 members, the y dancing machine Minzy with the ability to fit dance moves into children songs, or the humble girl Gong Minji is playing songs she secretly composed to herself. Dara, the singer with the ability to change rad hairstyles everytime she got on stage, or as known as the innocent Sandara Park with a handful of freshness is running around chasing CL, who was hugging something tighty in her arms. The charismatic CL, rad rapping skills with the ability to make girls question their uality, or rather now, the sweet Lee Chaerin with a hobbit of sewing dolls for her friends is giving her lonely Rilakkuma a warm hug.

And there was Park Bom, the 8D alien from outer space dancing alone to Fire.

"Dara-yah!" Bom squealed-- pulling Dara, who was chasing to steal CL's rilakkuma, and danced together, unprofessionally, of course.

"You got the fire~" Dara sang, pulling out her signature move, by swiping her hand across , before pretending to throw it onto Bom. Bom giggled, and pumped out her chest among the beat.

"YOU GOTTA DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT DARA-YAH~" Bom, hyped up only by a few seconds of dancing, screeched the lyrics, before literally dropping onto the floor, and showed off her long legs onto the air, moving them into a cycling motion.

"Bom-ah-- don't embarass yourself infront of the maknae line~" Dara laughed out so hard, clutching her stomach.

"Noona, it's true. Don't embarass yourself more than you actually are."

Bom's head snapped to the doorway, to find five members of Big Bang, all of them with their eyes on Bom. Jiyong and Youngbae stiffled their giggles, before turning their faces away from their crazy noona. But unlike the mature lads, Seungri, Daesung and Seunghyun laughed together, replaying the crazy scene of Bom's silly dance in their heads. Bom's face instantly flushed with pure redness. It's funny how Bom always teased Chaerin how she always gets red easily, despite being a charismatic leader, but this time around, Bom's face actually got redder than Chaerin's usual blush face.

"Yah! Seungri-ah, like you're any better than me." Bom scolded Seungri, immediately standing up and crossed her arms.

"Well, I'm always getting into trouble, that's true noona. But at least I have a face to make up for it." Seungri smirked at Bom.

"Yah, you're calling me ugly?!"

"Maybe?"

"I don't take maybe for an answer!"

The remaining Bigbang members stepped aside and avoided Bom and Seungri's bickering, before sitting down at different places to start a conversation with the 2NE1 members.

"So, Chaerin you called?" Jiyong asked Chaerin, dropping himself onto a beanbag.

"Ah, well oppa, I just wanted some advice on our comeback. I still have a feeling that our costumes may still be lacking something. I really want our comeback to have a big impact, but I'm still feeling like it's lacking something 2NE1 always have." Chaerin discussed about their planned comeback, showing Jiyong their outfit ideas and their latest photoshoot with the outfits that would be released on the YG website later.

While the leaders are discussing about advices of 2NE1's future comeback, the remaining members of both groups played around with CL's plushies, especially CL's special Rilakkuma.

"Dara noona, catch!" Daesung threw the Rilakkuma to Dara, only to have it pounding on her face. Dara fumed.

"Daesung-ah!" Dara pretended to be mad, but then laughed at his scared reaction. Dara whispered cute things to the lifeless Rilakkuma in her hands, just to be gone in just a blink of an eye. Seungri ran around the room with the Rilakkuma, pretending the doll is superman, making silly kid noises. Just to trip face down onto the floor, thanks to Minzy, who was annoyed at Seungri's annoying footsteps, as she was still writing essays on her laptop, finishing her homework that she needs to send to her college. If Seungri wasn't holding the Rilakkuma, his nose would've needed a new replacement because he really did fell down hard. Seunghyun snatched the doll from Seungri's hands, before turning Bingu style, babbling how beautiful it feel and how perfect the Rilakkuma is, not realising that the doll doesn't have a life. Soon after a few seconds, Seunghyun seemed to be tired of holding it, before throwing it to Bom's face.

"...so I should do this, right?-- YAH! You guys, don't mess with my babies!" Chaerin shrieked, pissed at the sight of the oldest unnie hugging her Rilakkuma. Bom, shocked, knowing what would happen if they messed with Chaerin's babies.

"It-It was him, Chaerin-ah!" Bom pointed to Seunghyun.

"B-But it wasn't me!" Seunghyun exclaimed, "Chaerin-ah, who do you trust? Your crazy 8D alien unnie, or your oppa that always give you rapping advice?"

"YAH! I'm not an alien, you are!"

Chaerin sighed, before snatching her Rilakkuma off Bom's arms, giving it a warm embrace. Bom and Seunghyun pouted, knowing Chaerin trusts that lifeless doll than the two aliens. They both knew they were going to receive the infamous silent treatment Chaerin was famous for.

"Jiyong oppa, what did you suggest again?" 











Three hours later

"Corn~" Bom squealed with glee, opening the refridgerator. Knowing that everybody else was having long conversations in Minzy's room, Bom took that chance to sneak into the kitchen to find something to eat. Not realising that a mischievious person was following her.

"I wuv yooo so mwuch cwornnn~" Bom sighed in relief, while munching on the forbidden corn. 

A devillish chuckle could be heard behind Bom's back. Bom turned around, only to find Seunghyun's face infront of hers.

"Wha-- Seunghyun??!" Bom squeaked, not knowing how to react as her brain couldn't function while Seunghyun's face was directly infront of her face. Seunghyun chuckled, before slowly leaning next to Bom's ear.

"Noona." Seunghyun whispered into Bom's ear, before hesitating, "No--"

"Bom."











The way Seunghyun's deep voice pronounced her own name, Bom. Bom. Bom. She had that moment echoed through out her mind. Bom's heart was beating rapidly, causing her face to flush. Bom opened , before settling with the fact that she couldn't speak. She was too entangled with how their faces were close enough to change their relationship.

Seunghyun had always been in Bom's mind ever since she met him. They've never talked with each other, even after Bom recorded 'We Belong Together' and 'Forever With U' with him. This caused Bom to make fun of him, to grab his attention. Of course, it all ends up with them bickering. But Bom couldn't help it. She'd rather have them bickering than not having to talk at all. Bom wanted him to approach her. But that would take him to turn 80 to at least say "Hi" to her. After they've been bickering for years, they came into a conclusion to agree that they were going to stay as friends, not as enemies, as Bom debuted with 2NE1 and she was officially a part of the YG Family. But this, of course, doesn't stop them from picking little fights with each other. Old habits die hard, they say. 

At this point, it was safe to say that Bom had a small crush on Choi Seunghyun.

"Y-Yes, Seunghyun?" Ignoring the chills on her spine, Bom managed to find her voice again.






"I'm sending this video to trainer Hwang."






Bom sprang away from Seunghyun, shocked of what he said. Seunghyun just simply smiled smugly, showing Bom a video he took of Bom eating corn.

"SEUNGHYUN!"










Hi! First time writing a TopBom fanfic! (; <;) I'll try my best to upload frequently with this story! Sorry for mistakes, or confusing parts in the story, never really wrote a fanfic before (*^*) Thank you for reading this (-w-) Hwaiting!

-A