Chapter 4: Protect My Love By Let Go “Can I survive through this…?”

I Will Protect You....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai still couldn’t believe his ears of what he had witnessed, when he saw the door opened he quickly hid behind the machine. Then he saw Naeun draking herself slowly with her head down. She looked so lost and so weak, as he about to go help her out he saw the V-P came out, and looked at Naeun, right then Kai decided to go back into his hiding. After saw Naeun made it to the bathroom okay, the man made a phone call and went back into his office.

 

“Everything consider done now, look like you don’t have to worry about anything.”

 

While the man still talking on his phone, Kai came out from his hiding and headed to the Lady’s room and stood there waiting for Naeun. Suddenly, he heard something fell on the floor. As he was about to go in and check if something happened to Naeun, he could see her, she was kneeling on the bathroom floor while her body was shaking, trying to cover mouth so no one could hear her crying. It was so hard for him to just stood there and did nothing, but he thought it would be better to just let her be for now. Naeun realized that she didn’t have a lot of time before Taemin got here so she tried to get up then washed her face with the cold water. Then she applied on some powder on her face and tried to make herself looked like normal, even though her eyes were little swollen, but it was much better than before.

 

“You can do this, Son Naeun!! You have to….. it’s what best for him,” she talked to herself in the mirror, and made her way out the lady's room. Without looking, she bumped into Kai who stood there quietly listened to her every words.

 

“Kai-Shi…?” Naeun got panic and looked around, “ Hello,... how long have you….”

 

He handed her one of his drinks, “Are you feeling little better now?” Kai looked at Naeun’s uneasy face then he sighed

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to listen to your conversation but i couldn’t help it.” Kai put his head down

 

“What are you planning to do now? you know it will hurt him even more if he knows you carry all the burdens by yourself-” Naeun suddenly grabbed his hand and looked him in the eyes

 

“Please! please don’t tell him about this…” Naeun cut him off, she knew this would hurt and broke their hearts but that was the only she could protect him.

 

“What do you plan to do? What are you going to say to him? Don’t you think it’s better to just tell him everything and come up with plans together? I mean don't you trust him by now?”

 

Naeun let go of his hands and put her hands on the forehead as she tried to think,

 

“I do trusrt him, that's why I know he would throw away everything just for me. I can't let that happen, there’s no better way than this right now. You should already know how that man is. Right now I don’t know, I will think of something, but please don’t tell Taemin-Oppa about this and act like you don’t know anything…..I'm begging you”

 

Kai took the can then opened it and handed the drink back to her, then he opened another one and drank it himself.

 

“You planing to take the bad guy role and cut off with him, don’t you? What if he’ll hate you after this? knowing Taemin, he will feel betrayed somehow,” Kai talked as he took a sip of his drink and looked at Neun who had her head down for the whole time.

 

“It’s fine…. as long he’s safe and successful….. it’s fine even if he hates me, he has the right to do so,” tears began to filled her eyes again, but she wiped them off before they roll down on her cheeks.

 

It was the first time that he being so close to her and able to talk to her this much without any awkwardness. He felt really sorry for her, but he knew nothing he said would change her mind. So, he just went along with her and agreed not to talk about it, at least for now, as he thought to himself.

 

“I’m not sure if this the right thing, but please tell me if you need any help, or if you want to talk, or ask… about him. It’s little too late to cut me out off this now after all I know little too much don’t you think?” Kai stood up to throw away his can and turned around to look at Naeun who hadn’t say anything back

 

“Let’s be friends, we’re around the same age anyway. You’re 94’s line right? so do I” Kai continued, he didn’t want to just left her there by herself, so he kept on talking to distract her little.

 

“I don’t know, I mean after today it would be little awkward because…. He and I.. it would be too much for him. I don’t want you guys to feel awkward, he’ll need you more. if you could look after him… then I won’t ask for more-” Naeun looked down again

 

“Just don’t avoid me and act like we’re don’t know each other when we meet next time. I know we’re not close, but still. I hope we be more comfortable from now on”

 

Kai didn’t understand himself either, why did he want to be close to her, is it a pity or guilt for helped her hiding the truth from his best friend. The only thing he knew was, he couldn’t leave her as she was and act like nothing happen.

 

“Or I can just go and tell him-”

 

“No! you already promise, okay I won’t ignore you next time we meet,” Naeun gave in to him and stood up.

 

“And be more comfortable?” Kai looked at her.

 

“I’ll try-” Before she could finish her sentence the door flew open and she saw Taemin came running toward the office, he didn’t even realized Naeun was standing there talking with Kai at first. Kai saw what happened and patted Naeun’s back as he walking away,

 

“Good luck, I hope you the best. It’ll be hard for you and him but please don’t go too hard on him then blam yourself after. Take care, I’ll catch up with you later.” Then he walked toward Taemin who tried to catch his breath while heading their way.

 

“Taemin-ah, annyeong-” but Taemin just walked right passed through him and walked toward Naeun who stood so still in one place.

 

“YAA!! I just say hi to you,”  then Taemin looked back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter