4 Is it really...?

Fancy meeting your d--ooppss.

“WOW. You look like . Fits with your ugly face so well.”

Jongin smacks Sehuns’ , which the latter ignores in favor of laughing at Jongin’s face. “Shut up! This is your entire fault. You bring bad luck to my life.”

Sehun scoffs, “Liar. I bring good fortune to everyone, even the soil I step on. Pity you can’t be as lucky as I am. HA HA”

Jongin reaches out and tries to strangle Sehun, but a force lands on is back, almost making him fall. “Hello good friends! Fancy weather! WOW Jongin did you kill a witch in your past life? Your face looks like a one casted a curse on you” and apparently the force is gifted with a loud voice too.

Jongin sighs, chanting the Kim family code in his mind, clearing it, because his brain is telling him to bury Sehun, and Baekhyun—the force—alive. Separately. In their backyards. “At least Im still more handsome than you are”

Baekhyun and Sehun pauses for a few seconds, then chortles. “Feisty. Where did you learn that? You’re so dumb” Sehun laughs some more, his face contorted in an ugly form. Like a deformed tomato. Jongin never knew someone could look like that.

His other friend puts his arm around Jongin, the latter leaning down sideways in order to accommodate him. The cons of having a friend a few inches shorter than you are. “Really, Jongin. You look like you didn’t sleep last night. What happened?”

Jongin sighs. He really didn’t. Not even a minute. He kept on tossing and turning on his bed, counting invisible sheeps, stars, cockroaches, his cap collection, even his underwear inside his closet, he still really couldn’t sleep. And so he had to get up feeling exhausted with eye bags around his eyes. He knew he looked like a panda. And not a cute one.

If only he could turn his mind off.

Why did Yifan had to kiss him anyway? And why, oh why, he enjoyed—NO. BOTHERED. YOU WERE BOTHERED JONGIN! It was just a mere touching of lips. He had kissed his pillow before. What’s the difference? I mean, they’re both soft. Well, Yifan’s are softer anyway—stop. Jongin, I will punish your brain if you keep on thinking like that. You didn’t like it jongin. Of course you didn’t.  

Aside from THE kiss (what’s with the ‘THE’ Jongin, it wasn’t a national treasure). His brain had a knack of keeping everything that happened in a loop. It kept on replaying Yifan’s worried face when he fell, of how he carried him towards the infirmary, how he stayed until he was fine and how he piggybacked him.

The whole of his nervous system had remembered too. The feeling of having the older closer, his warmth, the shaking when he laughs, the feeling of having his fingertips touching him delicately, his heart beating and stomach twisting. Like, what does it mean? Did Yifan infect him with some crazy diseas—

“Earth to Kim Jongin!” a hard clap on his back brought him back to reality. “Someone’s trying to catch your attention. Look!” Baekhyun utters, with a smug grin on his face.

“W-what?” Dazed and confused, he turns and looks at where Baekhyun is pointing. There, standing with all his glory was Yifan, smiling and waving at Jongin.

He feels his face heat up, heart racing. The snakes in his stomach are back too. Everything resurfaces again. The touch, the warmth, the kiss. He feels so exposed and afraid and so he does the most rational thing his body came up.

 He turns around and runs.

Away from Sehun and Baekhyun.

 Away from Yifan.

Away from the desire to run and have Yifan by himself

And maybe kiss him senseless.

Maybe.

OH. MY. GOD.

 

Kim Jongin must avoid Wu Yifan at all cost.

Everthing  is getting ridiculous.

He’s in his episode of how many times can he toss and turn in his bed before falling. Thinking about life and the greatest invention mankind has made—of course you aren’t thinking about that, stop lying.

It’s getting ridiculous. The number of times Yifan has not crossed his mind. Because heck, Yifan is all he thinks about these days. And it fuels up this stupid desire of having the older for himself. He doesn’t understand where the thought comes from. He’s scared he might do something he will regret, something that will make even Sehun disown him as a friend.

And so he decides to avoid him. For a completely different reason.

It was simpler back then, when he avoided Yifan because of the way his mind takes the older’s form. His entire body and mind and will were conditioned to leave. To run. To hide.

But now he can’t. Whenever he sees the older there is a war inside of him. His feet pointing at different directions, like there are two different people inside him, one wanting to leave and the other wanting to run to Yifan and feel his warmth and kiss him. Just be with him.

And it doesn’t help at all, when the older meets his eyes and decides to smile and looks at him like his the only person around, like everything is just an unimportant backdrop. Making his heart flutter and breathing difficult.

For all this notion of him being one of the most intelligent people around, he simply can’t understand.

He sits upright, his eyes landing on his phone, takes it and presses Googles’ web address. Maybe a bit of research can help, he can’t sleep anyway.

What does it mean when—

What are the symptoms of a person with a heart disease—

Is the name Wu Yifan a cursed name—

What does it mean when a person makes your heart tremble, stomach twist like there’s worm in there, when he’s all you think about 24/7

He’s thumb hovers on the search key. But deletes everything anyway. He falls back on his bed and closes his eyes.

As much as he would like to know. He has a feeling he won’t be able to handle the answer. Yet.

 

 

There are two devils currently residing in his bed. One named Sehun and the other named Baekhyun. They’re eating junk foods and making a mess at his beddings. If only Jongin could chop their hands off and ship them to China and feed them to the fish. Or dragons. For all he cares.

He stands up from the couch beside his bed and snatches the food from their hands. “Hey man! What the hell. We’re eating that!” Baekhyun whines and reaches up.

“No. You’re not eating on my bed. Stop whining or ill drag you out.” Jongin threatens.

Sehun scoffs and rolls his eyes. “As if. You adore us too much. Didn’t you give us t-shirts with JSB printed on them?”

Jongin blushes. “You liked it though!”

“Shhh Children. Stop fighting. Sehun, tone down your attitude for the day. We’re here on a mission, aren’t we?” Baekhyun muses, face forming into a mock frown.

Sehun just rolls his eyes again. “Whatever.”

“Wait, what mission are you talking about?” Jongin asked, confused.

Baekhyun taps the space between him and Sehun, signaling Jongin to come and be with them. “come on, darling”

Jongin cringes at the endearment but ignores it and climbs anyway. They barely fit, the three of them, but they manage.

 “Jongin.” Baekhyun starts, a little bit serious. It alarms Jongin a bit too. “Jongin, you seem so distracted and not like yourself these days. What happened?”

He awkwardly laughs. “What? This is the mission? No Baekhyun nothing happened. I’m just busy with studying and stuff. I’m fine. Nothing to worry abou—“

“You’re rambling Jongin. You tend to ramble when you’re caught in the act.” Sehun interrupts.

Jongin swallows. “Really. I’m fine.”

 “no you aren’t. You’re clearly distracted. I put an adult magazine in your bag. And instead of shouting at me, you just handed it back like you’re lending lecture notes.” Sehun stresses.

“and you ignored my attempts at teaching you the art of witchcraft and voodoo dolls.”

“you don’t even fight me back whenever I insult you.”

“You have this faraway look sometimes. Your mind isn’t there. And you have this strange phenomenon where your face changes from blushing to delighted to scared then back to blushing again.”

“tell us, are you sick?”

“are you dying?”

“did you murder someone---“

“OKAY! STOP! STOP! I’M NOT DYING. I DID NOT MURDER SOMEONE. I’LL TELL YOU OKAY. IT’S BECAUSE-----“

“Does this concern Yifan?”

Baekhyun’s question silences Jongin. He opens his mouth then closes it. He want to lie, heck no it doesn’t concern him. But it’s futile anyway. He knows his two friends have already figured it out. Why else are they asking him? And besides, he’s been told he wears his heart on his sleeve. It’s probably pretty obvious that he’s distracted, even if they’re not sure of what the reasons are. Or who.

He heaves a sigh. “y-yeah…it does.”

“is this still about you seeing him ? because I swear to God I will go out of here and never come back. I’ve had enough of that.” Sehun muses.

“did something happen between the two of you Jongin?” Baekhyun asked in a soft voice, stopping him from answering Sehun.

Jongin looks at his questioning gaze, and maybe it’s because of Baekhyun’s soft voice, or Sehun’s frown, or maybe he’s just tired of running away, of having to think and feel and hide, he let everything spill.

He tells them of the day he met Yifan’s glory. (which earns him an eye roll from Sehun) of how it was always on his mind. He tells them of how researched on how to avoid Yifan, and how those measures ended on him spraining his ankle. He tells them about how Yifan was so gentle on handling him, of how he carried him to the infirmary, of his warmth and patience of having to piggyback him back to his dorm.

He knows his face is starting to heat up, yet he tells them about how Yifan carried him to his bed, of how the older told him of an idea on how to vanish his image of him .

He tells them about how Yifan kissed him, how soft it was, and of how it did wipe out his previous image about the elder, of how it was all he could think about.

Silence prevails after Jongin finishes.

It’s Sehun who broke the silence. “so…he kissed you…”

“Y-yes. He did.”

After a moment, Baekhyun straightens and offers his right hand to Sehun, palms up.

“Pay up, .”

Sehun gasps. “No I won’t. It doesn’t prove anything dickhead—“

“wait, what is this all about—“

“It’s pretty obvious Sehun. Don’t act dumb. I clearly won so---“

“WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?”

“We took bets on you—“

“and I clearly won so hand me the money please—“

“WHAT IS THIS BET ALL ABOUT—“

“your ing feelings dammit---”

“MY FEELINGS? WHAT ARE YOU—“

“OKAY!” Baekhyun roared. “You clearly need proof that I won so I’m going to give it to you.” He then slumps back to the bed then sighs. He looks at Jongin like he’s looking at a microscope.

Jongin looks away. This is not good.

“Jongin.” Baekhyun starts. His voice soft, like his trying to coax a puppy to his face. “What do you feel whenever you see Yifan these days?”

Jongin chokes on his saliva (is that even possible?) “I don’t feel anything. Reall---“

“Don’t lie Jongin.”

He sighs. He’s been doing a lot of that nowadays. “h-he..h-he…I…I don’t know what heart attack feels like, b-but I think…I t-think it’s similar. My heart beats so fast, it’s almost suffocating. And there’s this.. this stupid twisting in my stomach. Like snakes..or something. Then..then..I think about him. All the time.,,”

“and?”

“w-well..I have this..this desire to run towards him instead of running away. I have this really stupid desire of wanting to feel his warmth?...and to kiss..? I don’t know Baekhyun. I don’t understand I’m so confused.”

He hears Sehun sigh, then looks at him like he knows the answer to Jongins’ confusion. And it frankly terrifies him. “I guess I lost. For all the years I’ve known you, this is the dumbest thing you’ve ever pulled.”

Jongin wants to retort but the pinch on his cheek stops him. It wasn’t painful. It almost feels like Sehun is comforting him. In a very strange way.“This is your first time, isn’t it?”

“what.. what are you talking about Sehun?”

Baekhyun slides back to the bed and put his arm around Jongin. Hugging him.

“Falling in love.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

guysss!! i hope you like this! 

this story will come to an end soon :D but ill be updating it with bonus chapters. you know, the life after the end hehe

Please enjoy it. excuse my grammar it isnt perfect haha.

thank you! 

MEOWK