Rap Monster

If BTS Is Your Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It began with a phone call at 3 in the morning. 

You were intensely studying the inside of your eyelids, wrapped in a cocoon of blankets like a mummy as dreams swirled around in your brain. 

And then he called. And you were rudely awoken.

Grumbling to yourself, you roll over, blindly swiping at the stand next to your bed that has your phone. “This better not be who I think it is,” you mumble under your breath as you squint at your phone screen.

It was. 

You considered throwing your phone across the room and going back to sleep. But you reconsider, considering you actually like your phone and that you knew he would just keep calling you. The little .

You bring the phone to your ear. “Namjoon, I’m going to murder you, it’s 3 AM.”

You hear his deep chuckle on the other end, the strange combination of annoying and y. “Hellay, my girl, glad to hear you’re up.”

“Yeah, thanks to you. You better have a good excuse. I was right in the middle of a good dream too.”

“mm, were you dreaming about me? If you wanted me so badly, you could have just asked.” His voice was laced with mischief, and you could sense his cheeky smirk on the other end. While usually you greatly appreciated his attempts to be y, you weren’t in the mood for it right now.

As payback for waking you up, you decided to a little. “Actually, it was about Taehyung. You know, he’s such a gentleman, and I’m sure he’d never call me in the middle of the night just to be annoying, and you know he does that tongue thing of his–”

“Aish, I get the point!” He cut you off in disgust. “Shut up about the tongue thing.”

You laugh evilly. “You’re just jealous.”

“Pfft, in your dreams.”

“No no, Taeyhyung’s in my dreams. We just went over this.”

You hear him groan on the other end and you feel satisfied with your work. You hang up on him and sink blissfully back into your blankets, a sleepy grin on your face as you are about to drift off when…

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

“NAMJOON FOR THE LOVE OF BABIES WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING ME?!” You practically scream into your phone. 

You hear an exclamation of surprise and then an “oh ” when it sounds like his phone hits the floor. After a few moments of hearing him scramble around, you hear him again, sounding breathless. “Damn, why are you so cranky?”

“…i’m hanging up again.”

“No no hold up, this is serious.”

You sigh. Why you choose to put up with the dork is beyond your imagination. “Fine. What?”

“I’m standing at your front door and it’s locked. Can you open it for me?”

Your eyes pop open and you scramble out of bed. “I swear to God, if you are actually standing on my front porch I’m going to ing deep fry you–” You begin to threaten as you charge out of your room and down the hall.

You swing open your front door to indeed find Namjoon, phone to his ear and his lips twisted into a smirk, standing in front of you. You slowly hang up, glaring at him. “You better have a damn good explanation for this, Namjoon.”

He laughs and brushes past you, ruffling your messy hair as he passes. “It’s good to see you too, babe.”

His touch and sweet words make you blush slightly, but you’re still annoyed with him. “Don’t call me ‘babe’. I’m not your babe.” You grumble as you follow him into your bedroom. Though Namjoon was not officially your boyfriend (you both wanted to avoid complications involving the press since he was an internationally famous Korean rapper) you two did still have something special, a quirky sort of friendship that involved a lot of flirting, name-calling, and odd moments like these.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter