The Play's The Thing!

Blissful Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun was impressed and now curious about Seohyun's true identity and background. He hated the mind torturing thoughts and emotions that were guilt and worry, so he replaced these with the idea and new knowledge of Seohyun's wonderful talent and skill. It was rather amazing to see and hear what she did.

And she was happy that he expressed this through his face, though he didn't realize it.

After that little event in his, and now her, favorite room, he took her outside to the backyard where a beautiful garden that was filled with a mix of flowers and plants laid spread before them. She, still in the mood that the previous room had ed upon her, was happy about this sight. It was appealing and left her with a kind of peace.

"This is so beautiful, Kyuhyun-ah," she told him quietly. He smiled before she turned quickly to him with a thought, causing him to raise his eyebrows to suggest his wanting to hear what she'd say. "Hm... I have no idea whether I'm supposed to keep calling you 'Kyuhyun-ah' or something more along the lines of 'sweetheart' and 'honey'."

A quick exhale left his nostrils as one corner of his smile curved more upward. "Whatever you want. Although... I'd rather you addressed me as spouses do, darling."

She felt warm again and she knew it was not because of the shining sun in the sky. "Ahm... it might take me a while before I do that, though, as I'd mentioned before with being closer to you. I hope you won't be disappointed."

"Take your time, love," he replied. "Not too much time though. I've missed having these moments with you."

Unlike how she'd reacted back upstairs in the bedroom, she gave a big smile and nodded. "Then we can take baby steps." Surprisingly, she slightly reached her hand to him, something he felt he had to do in order to sell his part further. He knew now more than before that she really believed everything that Songhee and he had told her. He was not sure if he was supposed to be happy about it but he wasn't.

So he nodded and returned a smile while taking her hand. Together they walked through the garden. At each batch of flowers, he explained to her what kind they were and the name of it. She kept surprising him. She was also able to name a few of them herself and state a few facts. She was happy with her progress of her memory so far, though Kyuhyun couldn't feel the same. He said he was anyways.

"How did we get to have this house, Kyuhyun-ah?" she asked him as they sat under a small tree for shade. "How did we get to have all of this? I know you're rich, but I'm kinda just curious to know... how did we pick the house? How did we get all these flowers? How did we get to decide how the house was decorated?" He wasn't sure he understood the questions. He expressed this by tilting his head. She pressed forward with her questions. "I mean... was I the one to choose those art pieces inside the house? Did we both choose this house? Did we both get all these flowers? Who made the decisions?"

"Ah... is that what you want to know?" he uttered. "Well, I mean..." He stopped himself to think about this. He wasn't exactly sure why she wanted to know this information but of course, he needed to be the one to fill in the missing blanks. "I believe... we both picked this house. Before our wedding, we had been looking for some houses and after looking through hundreds of homes, we found this. I think I remember the reason being for future children." His cheeks turned warm and he was unable to comprehend the sudden rise in temperature despite it being Autumn. His next statement just seemed to give him a strange thought and therefore embarrassed him slightly. "Of course, we hadn't been able to accomplish that reason yet."

She had the same feelings too over the subject and wished not to speak of it further since it only brought unnecessary ideas of love-making into her head, which she deemed she was unprepared for in this state of her mind. "Yes... that's right."

"As for the art pieces, you were the one who chose them," he lied wanting to move on to the next piece of information. The truth was that his mother had chosen the art pieces since he didn't have much of a care for the interior look (or overall look, rather) the home that his parents actually gifted him. She claimed it seemed too dull and boring so she decided to decorate his home for him. "You really wanted to decorate the place since it was a little too boring looking in there." It wasn't a complete lie; the only incorrect part was the who. "You also chose the flowers since you really wanted to make this place look pretty. You succeeded in doing so, of course."

The flowers and the garden was actually also the product of his mother's wish to decorate his home. He didn't care much to make his home look pretty but he sure did appreciate his mother's effort and work into it. Since he and his father worked so often, she probably had a lot of time in her hands by herself. But that's a different story.

"Is that so?" she quietly asked more to herself than anybody. She looked around. "I wasn't sure if I had the sense to do all this, it seems so unfamiliar to me. But I suppose that was how it was." They stayed sitting comfortable under the tree for a while in silence until she asked another anxiety-inducing question. "Kyuhyun-ah, I'm curious. How come when we went through the whole house, I didn't see a single picture of our wedding? Don't couples usually have those?"

He was surprised and suddenly began to feel as though his stomach was empty. Why hadn't they thought of this before? This would be a major setback if he does not answer the question quickly yet wisely. His brain began to teem with a hundred—no, a thousand thoughts at once. What could he say? "Ah, we weren't able to have a picture."

"Really? Why? It seems like we'd have enough money for it."

She truly wasn't being accusatory and he could see the innocent curiosity in her eyes. But damn, she was asking the hard questions now.

Wait. He'd gotten an idea.

He sighed slightly to show a bit of sadness over the topic. "The truth is, I know you won't remember... we eloped."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You remember how I said you were poor before?"

"Yes."

"I come from a rather... higher class background, although I hate talking about it. And my parents, unfortunately, could not stand the fact that I'd been dating you, let alone planning on marrying you. They did not give us permission and they did not give us their blessing. But I swore to them I'd marry you anyway. They did try to change my mind but my mind was set. So eventually we kinda just ran away together to get married and only your family was able to see it. We did this secretly so we didn't hire any planner or photographer."

The look on her face suggested that she was thinking over it and then she seemed to have been sad. "I'm... I feel bad that that was what happened. I wish we could have talked it over with your parents further. I don't want them to think I was disrespectful in that choice."

Success. He was able to convince her of this lie, this story. Now all he had to do was keep playing. "We did try. You were really keen on convincing them but they just didn't give in." He felt a twinge of regret as he continued to speak. His parents were truly not bad people and they honestly would not care if his real future wife had come from a poor background simply because they knew love was love. And if he was happy with the woman, they would happily accept her into the family. After spending this little time with Seohyun, he had a feeling that she would have been a respectable woman in their eyes and they would have loved her to the point that they'd be the ones trying to convince him to marry her.

And a respectable woman does not deserve this kind of prank. So why does he continue on with this game?

"Well, if we did our best..." she said quietly and drifted off. She didn't want to finish that sentence. The whole topic was able to bring down her mood and the sight of the beautiful flowers in the garden were of no help at this point. Still, she didn't want to seem a pest by acting upset so she continued to act like everything was fine.

If only this woman didn't cause so much guilt to enter him. He really did not enjoy this whole prank they were playing and he began to dread the thought of actually telling her that everything was a lie. And he could tell that the eloping story had brought her down a bit. He wanted to cheer her up, it was the least he could do.

"Don't spend too much time thinking about it," he told her softly. "I don't think I'd be happy knowing that it was eating away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter