Any Questions, Darling?

Blissful Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where do you want me to start, sweetheart?" Kyuhyun asked her as she stared down at her feet.

Seohyun looked up at him. "I... I don't really know. Um..." She rubbed the back of her head and winced. "Ah... my head hurts."

He immediately stood up and put his hands on her head. "You okay?" His hand went to the back of her head and started rubbing the spot he thought hurt. "You... must've hit your head. Maybe, that's what got you back to us."

"Ouch." She flinched and ducked her head a little when he touched the bruise.

"Oh!" he sounded, surprised. He lowered his head to hers and kissed near the bruise. "Sorry."

He must really be my husband if he's acting this way, she concluded. She gently pushed him away and cleared . "I have my first question."

"Alright then," he responded with a small smile and sat back down on the chair. He reached for her hands but she pulled them back.

"Forgive me," she told him. "I..."

He showed a disapponted grin. (Damn, I'm good, he thought to himself) "I-It's fine. You need to get used to it again." He rested his elbows down on his knees as he scooted a bit closer to her. "But at least let me be near you." His face seemed to be only inches away, making her cheeks go warm.

"Of course," she answered, looking away from his eyes. "Uh... my first question is: Do you know anything about my family and when I was growing up?"

"Yeah, I do," he replied. He thought for a little while. "Sorry, it gets a bit fuzzy. It's been so long since we last talked together about your family and our pasts." She nodded in understanding and he kept thinking for a few seconds. "Well, you were born here in Seoul. Your parents were really nice people. They really loved you and cared about you. When they found out we were going to get married, they were happy because they knew I'd take care of you well." He looked triumphant. "And I have."

She giggled and that brought a sincere smile on his face, which he didn't think would come out.

"You know, you were always a great student despite having a kind of poor background."

"I was poor?" she asked him.

"Yeah, kinda," he said. "I mean, like... if it wasn't for your brilliant brain being able to get you a scholarship to a university, your parents wouldn't have been able to pay for it."

"Okay, but what about Songhee?" she questioned. "Uh, is she my unnie? Or is she my dongsaeng?"

"Gosh, you really have forgotten, haven't you?" He glanced towards the door. "She's your unnie... She's... twenty seven years old. And you're twenty five. But you really do look much younger than that." He chuckled a bit.

"Oh... do I?" She shyly bowed her head a little.

No, don't do that, he thought and brought his hand to her chin. He tilted her head up and laughed nervously. "You really... ah..." He struggled to find words to say. "Keep your head up, sweetheart, I want to see your eyes." His hand went down as he noticed her cheeks turning red. "My gosh, Seohyun, it... it's like... it's like as if you're a teenager again."

"W-well... I feel like a teenager," she explained, "Because... I don't remember you and now this feels all new. It feels like it's my first time being treated like this by a man."

"Really?" he inquired. "None of this really seems familiar? At all?"

She shook her head. "I... No, not really." She paused for a moment. "So if I'm twenty five years old, how old are you?"

"Oh, I'm... two years older than you," he answered her question. "I'm twenty seven years old." She nodded. "Alright. What other questions do you want me to answer for you, dear?"

"Err, how did we meet?"

"Ah, yes," he responded with a huge grin, seeming to think back to the memory.

"Well, we met in the summer about five years ago. The company was helping out with a fundraiser event for an orphanage so that by the time Christmas came, all of the children would have toys. It was kind of an auction thing and the company donated a bunch of our products. You, being such a kind person, helped take care of the children during the whole event while the adults were bidding for the items. My dad told me to go and check if everything was going alright with the kids."

"So," he continued, "I went to the room and well, the kids were rather rambunctious and they were playing around. And then..." He started to laugh a little. "And then... this boy... he was playing with a ball with some other kids... and..." He seemed to have cringed a bit when thinking of what he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter